St. Johnstone V Ross County- Sunday 29th

SaintJet

Last game before the break and us fans would love a nice win. Team has been more purposeful in recent weeks and Liam Gordon has been the X factor in getting this defense on the same page with each other. We haven't seen a decent win with flair for ages so lets hope this might be the game.

I expect TW to start with the same line up as he did on Boxing day with the exception of Matty coming back in for Spoony who has been really bright this season. COYS!

26 minutes ago, Norsaint said:

Last year finished on a high but then look what happened. Not again I hope!

But we stayed in the league.... talk of next seasons tv funding, how is it split? Is it paid in intallments, or a one-off? Do the OF get a bigger ratio, or divided equally? Hope it's the latter (obviously for saints), but for the league in general- would hopefully attract better quality players for all teams.

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

But we stayed in the league.... talk of next seasons tv funding, how is it split? Is it paid in intallments, or a one-off? Do the OF get a bigger ratio, or divided equally? Hope it's the latter (obviously for saints), but for the league in general- would hopefully attract better quality players for all teams.

TV deal is apparently going from £18.7m, to £30m, which should increase each teams prize money by the same percentage, I think. Never been any mention of changing how its distributed. Believe it's a lump sum at the end of the season. 

I'm probably wrong but it's a 62% increase in money. Got £1.47m for 7th last season, so that would go just above £2.5m. An extra £1m a year would be huge.

That's if my maths and understanding of it is right.

Edited by RandomGuy

5 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

TV deal is apparently going from £18.7m, to £30m, which should increase each teams prize money by the same percentage, I think. Never been any mention of changing how its distributed. Believe it's a lump sum at the end of the season. 

I'm probably wrong but it's a 62% increase in money. Got £1.47m for 7th last season, so that would go just above £2.5m. An extra £1m a year would be huge.

That's if my maths and understanding of it is right.

Plus Dundee United and possibly Dundee back in the league. Really important that we finish 10th+ this season and keep our key players.