St.Johnstone V Kilmarnock - Saturday 25th January

SaintJet

Great result today. Joint 7th but would still like to see us get further away from the danger zone. Shame we didnt get something out of midweek as Livi are opening up the top 6 bottom 6 gap. Wright, MOH and Davidson injuries going to really test this team. 

After yesterdays press conference unfortunately I dont think Tommy will be with us next season. If we stay up or not I think he will leave.

Edited by Rob

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Our midfield dominated their well lauded midfield of Power & Dicker.

McCann & Spoony were immense but not impressed by Holt.

Ali McCann is so comfortable on the ball & is never rushed & has great vision.

Have never such a good youngster with Saints since the Ormond days.

He won't be with us next season.

I wis feeling great and Cagey burst my balloon wie his last sentence, you little ray of sunshine you are:D

Good performance today by team however there is a but:

Too many passes were behind players instead of in front resulting in tracking back and then being faced up by Killie defender.

Practice putting ball in front of player (but not to far)  who can run onto it and keep the attacking move going.

35 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Our midfield dominated their well lauded midfield of Power & Dicker.

McCann & Spoony were immense but not impressed by Holt.

Ali McCann is so comfortable on the ball & is never rushed & has great vision.

Have never such a good youngster with Saints since the Ormond days.

He won't be with us next season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if McCann was still here next season. 2 full years under his belt then a 7 figure move down South sounds about right! 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

You could see from east stand it wasn't a pen.

Killie are shite & if they didn't dive & fool the ref every time they lost the ball we would have won more convincingly.

World is a better place tonight.

Well said, I could see it wasn't a penalty too even though I was cleaning my glasses at the time.  Mind you i can see goals against Saints are offside from East Lothian.

Started with 3 at the back which I had a feeling we would given problems we have. We did OK with that formation & we changed it to a back 4 after Wright went off & still dominated. Not convinced by Ralston even as a half wingback/fullback.

Ralston unavailable for Celtic so hopefully Wright fit as I think we will play with back 5.

Who needs Kennedy when we have Tanser.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Good performance today by team however there is a but:

Too many passes were behind players instead of in front resulting in tracking back and then being faced up by Killie defender.

Practice putting ball in front of player (but not to far)  who can run onto it and keep the attacking move going.

Glad I was not alone in noticing the passes that were made behind our players today , especially when we could have progressed further upfield more quickly to our guys on the wings , if a pass ahead or to foot had been made 

Something to work on.

22 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Cracking result, the boy McCann gets better and better every week,  Spoony was immense in the middle, but good team performance overall and got a bit of fight in them now, few signings this week, beat the hertz and happy days.

Very impressed today with the effort and some of the passing was impressive. Agree Spoony had a really good day. Very valuable three points.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Deserved win, a travesty if we'd lost that.

Still not perfect, and not sure what to make of the new set up, but we never looked in danger of losing I think.

Ali McCann is some ****ing player.

We should get him on a 5 year contract now in order to capitalise on his growing status and value. But as usual we won't and will lose him for peanuts