For sale?

perthandproud

I can’t help but get the feeling we are heading for the club being actively put up for sale

1. The owner is getting on in years
  2. The chairman has said previously he doesn’t want his sons involved and seems to be completely fed up of running the club and the hassles that go with it.
  3. Theres now a CEO in place basically running the club top to bottom.
  4. Haven’t got a 4 but I’m sure there is one

in the past it’s always been said that the club is for sale to the right person/people but really I doubt if anything was ever done to actively sell the club, I get a real sense that things are being put in place so that an easy transition can occur.

Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

I am sure Geoff said many years ago that the club was for sale but only to the right person(s) who had St Johnstone's interest not an asset stripper or used as a play toy.

Yeah, I am sure Geoff has said he was willing to sell. The problem is not even asset strippers are not interested. The value of the land the stadium stands on is probably worth a fortune but I doubt you would get planning permission.

I am afraid we are stuck with SB & he is stuck with us.

7 hours ago, perthandproud said:

I can’t help but get the feeling we are heading for the club being actively put up for sale

1. The owner is getting on in years
  2. The chairman has said previously he doesn’t want his sons involved and seems to be completely fed up of running the club and the hassles that go with it.
  3. Theres now a CEO in place basically running the club top to bottom.
  4. Haven’t got a 4 but I’m sure there is one

in the past it’s always been said that the club is for sale to the right person/people but really I doubt if anything was ever done to actively sell the club, I get a real sense that things are being put in place so that an easy transition can occur.

Thoughts?

If a decent offer came along I think he would grab their hand off

What sort of price? £15-20m? 

Wouldn't blame them if they did. They have built the business, the club belongs to Perth - the history, fans etc - but there is a business now, whereas it was a bar under the stand before he took over and some local sponsorship. 

Think the poster could be right.

46 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Sure there is an interview with Geoff where he had said there would be no real price for the right buyer.

Allegedly Geoff hasn't put any of his own money in apart from helping out with one player. His only costs were his time.

Geoff also made money on that one player.

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Wouldn't blame them if they did. They have built the business, the club belongs to Perth - the history, fans etc - but there is a business now, whereas it was a bar under the stand before he took over and some local sponsorship. 

There was plenty property and land away from Muirton, we also had bars and a shop.

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Sure there is an interview with Geoff where he had said there would be no real price for the right buyer.

Allegedly Geoff hasn't put any of his own money in apart from helping out with one player. His only costs were his time.

Correct when he took over the club all he did was guaranteed the bank debt which was circa £200K at the time

14 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Les's than half of that would do the trick.