Saints v Celtic 29th january

ejksjfc

First half was instantly forgettable.While I agree Spoony played pretty well,we know he doesnt make many tackles so that just makes Holts passive performance all the more annoying..We are not alone but we cant compete with Celtic whose huge budget allows them to have a squad that is better in EVERY position.More encouraged by the second half and Hearts now must demand our attention.It is absolutely essential that the midfield gains and retains more possession to allow our players to perform.

Agree with all that’s been said but did we not to an extent allow Celtic to play the way they did? You could probably count fouls committed by us on one hand in the first half.  Why not get in their faces and at least show them there in a game!  

As if the gulf between the teams isn’t enough really doesn’t help when refs continue to let Brown away with absolute murder.  Make no wonder home fans choose not to go to these games!

2 minutes ago, Kilgour said:

First half was instantly forgettable.While I agree Spoony played pretty well,we know he doesnt make many tackles so that just makes Holts passive performance all the more annoying..We are not alone but we cant compete with Celtic whose huge budget allows them to have a squad that is better in EVERY position.More encouraged by the second half and Hearts now must demand our attention.It is absolutely essential that the midfield gains and retains more possession to allow our players to perform.

Holt - the more I see, the less I like. I don’t think he’s a good fit for us.
I may be derided for this but it crossed my mind last night that I could see Ali McCann as a direct replacement for Scott Brown if he continues to play and learn as he is doing (obv less of a thug). I never watch EPL or champions league so I don’t know how he compares with that level. How good could he become?

On 1/26/2020 at 11:06 PM, Cagey said:

A bit defeatest . With the players we have at our disposal I would go with the same formation on Wednesday. 

We are expected to get beat & we have lost a lot of goals to them by sitting back & letting them do what they do best,attack. County have shown that their defence is suspect so please Tommy,entertain us.

So Tommy chose plan A which allowed even their back 4 to walk the ball into our half without challenge.

Celtic ARE miles better than us due to their support & their years in Europe but Tommy shits a brick when he plays them.

Second half we played OUR game & were much better. Probably down to Celtic taking foot off pedal but who knows.

Just watched the highlights, could easily have been 7 down in first half hour, completely out played and looked like men against boys. 

I so wish Rangers and Celtic would get their dream gig in England and leave the rest of Scotland to battle it out on a much more level playing field. That would bring fans back to the game.