ejksjfc

7 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

The fans were as good as the team today.

Best home support for singing for absolute years. Today a twelfth man ...fantastic.:cool:

Big appeal to all supporters in London, Manchester, Dublin, Belfast  etc...we need your voices over the next few weeks. Be the  twelfth man!!

Come and get behind...your team.

We are Perth. Come on Ye Saints!

I think if we were to play like we did yesterday the crowds would gradually increase.

Don't know what happened but we still went looking for another goal when we went 3-2 up. Previously we would have sat back & tried to hold what we had.

We are a good team when we play he right shape to suit the players we have.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

This is in the build up to the equaliser. No idea how the ref doesn't give the foul. Every right to feel hard done by.

The player even knows himself that it’s a foul, look at the way he looks to the referee expecting him to the blow his whistle. Robbed.

Liam Gordon:

Saints confirm he has nothing more than a concussion which is serous enough but comforting. I was worried when I seen him being carted off to hospital on a stretcher with his head in and neck in a brace. We'll be without him for at least the Aberdeen and cup game.

9 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Just finished watching game on Alba. Voice and singing of East stand was fantastic...numbers were absolutely shit.

Where are you Saints fans? 

When Saints went ahead the fans in the East really got things going. The noise they created was brilliant but I don't know what more we can do; it's a shame that more folks don't get along but games like yesterday will help the cause.

Everyone did brilliantly. I agree with all the aforementioned praise. Spoony was class, McCann oozes confidence and controlled everything around him and Stevie was back to the real Stevie May. I thought Kane was brilliant also, the hold up play and chasing he did was outstanding and the lad was knackered at the end. McCart looks a real good bit of business - looks like he's been here all season.

Tommy got the tactics spot on after the break and it's something we should recognize that when we play with tempo we can really cause problems for the opposition.

21 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

When Saints went ahead the fans in the East really got things going. The noise they created was brilliant but I don't know what more we can do; it's a shame that more folks don't get along but games like yesterday will help the cause.

Everyone did brilliantly. I agree with all the aforementioned praise. Spoony was class, McCann oozes confidence and controlled everything around him and Stevie was back to the real Stevie May. I thought Kane was brilliant also, the hold up play and chasing he did was outstanding and the lad was knackered at the end. McCart looks a real good bit of business - looks like he's been here all season.

Tommy got the tactics spot on after the break and it's something we should recognize that when we play with tempo we can really cause problems for the opposition.

Just watched on Alba, as many said how we didn't win that one  also zander at 2 and, anyone else notice the hearts physio call for the stretcher eventually the ambulance trundle on, giving the possible seriousness of Liam every second counts get him off the pitch asap.

1 hour ago, callander saint said:

Great team effort and deserved to win. Either Tommy has blind faith in Clark or Parish is useless because our keeper is our weakest link. What was he doing for their second goal. Either come out and command the 6 yard box or stay in your goal, he did neither. 

I have always wondered what a goalkeeper coach does other than punt 50 yard balls to the keeper pre match.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:07 PM, Saints11 said:

I’d like us to win 5-0 but I’m a realist so I’ll be happy with 1-0 Saints. However, being a realist I also want Hibs to beat the fakes. Killie & County to draw & Celtic to take care of Accies tomorrow 

Nothing to do with the fact that I’ve got them on my fixed odds coupon but Celtic better get the finger out and do us a wee favour in the process

A really enjoyable game yesterday. I would have taken a draw at half time, but came away from the game a bit aggrieved that hearts managed to find an equaliser.

Stevie May looks to be getting back to his best and having already surpassed the Tony Watt goal haul of last season I would suggest a better fit for the team.

The much maligned Chris Kane was good yesterday and was a bit unlucky not to score, my only gripe would be that he was knackered by about 75 mins and would have been good to bring on Henry as I think he would have had quite a bit of joy against John Soutar. Although it was a very physical game and we had already used 2 subs by half time.

Also an observation I think a number of players have stepped up their game (Spoony, McCann, May and O'Halloran) and taking responsibility to make things happen now that Kennedy is away. I think we were guilty of playing everything through Kennedy regardless if he was having a good game or not at the detriment of the team.

Best performance of the season. We actually looked threatening in attack, which hasn't been the case for a long time.

May was incredible. Liam Craig is worth two Jason Holts. Even Ralston and Kane were pretty good. McCann was amazing, but I've come to expect that now. Was worried when Gordon went off that it would all fall apart, but McCart looked very good. The high speed of the game, high intensity pressing is what really suits us.

Craig & McCann as a centre midfield pairing worked so well. I'd much prefer that to Davidson & Holt any day (although I don't think they've been too bad this season either).

I'm hoping this means May is back to his best - scored 2, set up 1. Even made some excellent tackles at the back, he was everywhere. Clark was the only disappointment, his form needs to improve. I know many have disagreed, but I've always thought Wotherspoon was a better player than Kennedy, when he's at his best, and he was great today.

I like the 5 at the back formation, and I don't think it was that that led to the goals conceded. Just think Booth needs to be left-wing-back, Wright at right-wing-back when he's fit again.

7 minutes ago, Linky said:

. I know many have disagreed, but I've always thought Wotherspoon was a better player than Kennedy, when he's at his best, and he was great today.

Think Wotherspoon is as good a player as Kennedy but unfortunately nowhere near as consistent as him, Spoony can play unbelievably well in one game but then goes missing for weeks he needs to be at yesterday’s level a lot more consistently

38 minutes ago, bankfoot saint said:

Think Wotherspoon is as good a player as Kennedy but unfortunately nowhere near as consistent as him, Spoony can play unbelievably well in one game but then goes missing for weeks he needs to be at yesterday’s level a lot more consistently

Unfortunately he also lacks pace loads of skill though and can be really effective when on song

1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

I am not keen on Spoony in midfield but left midfield/wing he is different class.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:53 PM, Kinnoull Kicker said:

In which case expect to lose more goals like the second one today! He must be 6 5 so what's the problem in aggressively collecting / punching cross balls -. Doesn't make sense to me.

The loss of the second goal was the simple fact that Zander shat it, he came for it and then chickened out of it. That has nothing to do with coaching.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:37 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

Well is that a critism of TW, or Zander? First things first. A goalie should be arrogant. He's a big unit, with arms outstretched that adds 3 foot to him. He needs to dominate his defense so they believe in him, and opposing teams think "any cross ball is going to be snapped up". He isn't doing either. 

I would criticise Tommy for saying that and criticise Zander for his lack of aggression as explained above. 

I wonder how many of you like myself were anxious when we got awarded the penalty. I immeadiatley thought Liam Craig would step up given our recent penalty woes but I was pleased when Stevie rammed it in. Really highlights May's mindset and confidence when he went straight for the ball to ensuer he was taking it.

At the Livi game a couple games back I posted that Stevie was still playing at a high level and I was convinced that we would start to see him back to his best very soon - lets hope he can kick on after his brilliant performance on Saturday.

Kane also deserves a lot of praise - fans are quick to point out his lack of goals but the work he does off the ball and holding up possesion is often forgotten - he put a huge shift in on Saturday.

A great response to being 2-1 down at half time.  I'll keep focussed on that postivity, great show of spirit and togetherness.  Getting used to the formation, few more games and looks the way forward with 2 up front.  

No doubt we deserved a win and never did I see them scoring so late on.  

Bring on Aberdeen midweek!  If we play anything like against Hearts we'll pick up a point, or a last minute winner.  

20200203_121436.jpg