Ex Saints Managers

Blues Brother

I'm sure we got decent chunks for all three but couldn't put a figure on it. Not sure why Lomas has so dramatically disappeared from the game although I'd imagine a lot of us could speculate on a few reasons.

I find Aberdeen fans' hatred of McInnes absolutely bizarre. When he took over they were finishing 8th and 9th every season. Since his first full season they've finished 3rd, then 2nd four seasons in a row, then 4th last season, and they'll probably get 3rd or 4th again this season. In that time he's also taken them to four finals (and won one). He also proved his commitment to them by turning down the Rangers job (a job pretty much everyone thought he would take). I struggle to see what it is that Aberdeen fans actually expect from a manager, if not that. Were it not for him I suspect it would be very easy for them to sink back towards being a regular bottom-six side.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I struggle to see what it is that Aberdeen fans actually expect from a manager, if not that. Were it not for him I suspect it would be very easy for them to sink back towards being a regular bottom-six side.

They expect Alex Ferguson. As garydavidson says, they're still living in the 1980s. Bring back Doug Rougvie....

Mciness getting destroyed on Aberdeen forum, *** this, *** that. 

Don't see him lasting much longer at Aberdeen. 

They also have absolutely zero respect for saints. 

They have only beat us twice in last 9 attempts at Pittodrie not to mention a Scottish cup semi at ibrox, the only  time I have shed a tear at a football match. 

Aberdeen fans completely deluded lot, bunch of sheep all bleating from the same field. 

2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

They have only beat us twice in last 9 attempts at Pittodrie not to mention a Scottish cup semi at ibrox, the only  time I have shed a tear at a football match. 

Aberdeen fans completely deluded lot, bunch of sheep all bleating from the same field. 

Its such a topsy turvey world those managers have to operate in.... can't imagine how tough a job would be where in a matter of weeks your world can go to sh*t.

Is it fair to say Tommy was 2-3 weeks (2-3 losses) away from losing his job at saints  earlier this year? 

49 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Its such a topsy turvey world those managers have to operate in.... can't imagine how tough a job would be where in a matter of weeks your world can go to sh*t.

Is it fair to say Tommy was 2-3 weeks (2-3 losses) away from losing his job at saints  earlier this year? 

Nope. Tommy's job was never in danger IMO.

21 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Semi final at Ibrox and Stevie master class in answer to Dons abuse, Still my most emotional game ever, thought we would never get to a scottish cup final, never mind win the bloody thing. That game will live longer in my psyche than anything, a moment where realise dreams do come true... in some ways even better than winning the cup.

4 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

It’s been said many times on here, but the semi was better than the final. The final was torture.

4 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

It’s been said many times on here, but the semi was better than the final. The final was torture.

I would take that kind of torture any year.

On 2/6/2020 at 12:57 AM, Blues Brother said:

With McIness stagnating at Aberdeen and Coyle and Lomas nowhere to be seen. Question is ...How much compo did Saints get for these guys?

Funny you say lomas nowhere to be seen and this pops up.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5263795/west-ham-legends-gale-and-lomas-tell-fans-to-stop-protests-and-support-moyes-in-relegation-battle/