Scottish Cup Q/F 29/2/2020

Cagey

Can I throw another ticketing scenario into the mix. Give Celtic the original away allocation plus the east and half of the ormond. That would give saints c3k seats, but over 2 stands 

Then, as a sweetener to the saints fans, announce that the extra dosh is used to put safe standing in the yellow section at the north end of the east stand. At c£80 per seat, that would cost c£50k, which would be more than covered by the extra income from this game.

Win-win. 

18 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

We should never turn down the opportunity to sell seats...

£20 a ticket...I think we could sell the Ormond and 2/3 of the Main Stand?..what's that 3.5k home fans?

Club would need to go into PR overdrive.  Less than 2000 home fans will turn up for this I'd imagine.  Should seriously look to shift the Main and East stand punters into the Ormond and have an Ormond Only home end and create some sort of noise with unrestricted seating.    No doubt the club will max the ticket price, so £25-30... so lets make an Ormond stand card display, everyone dressed with blue, drum, a voucher given on entrance for a free pie.  You know, all the good stuff we think might help, time to do it is now.

14 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Club would need to go into PR overdrive.  Less than 2000 home fans will turn up for this I'd imagine.  Should seriously look to shift the Main and East stand punters into the Ormond and have an Ormond Only home end and create some sort of noise with unrestricted seating.    No doubt the club will max the ticket price, so £25-30... so lets make an Ormond stand card display, everyone dressed with blue, drum, a voucher given on entrance for a free pie.  You know, all the good stuff we think might help, time to do it is now.

Have you ever sat in wullies stand ?

Asking for myself.

On 2/9/2020 at 6:06 PM, Cagey said:

East stand & half main stand to us & rest to them.

It is a cup tie & hopefully more home support will turn up.

Gate shared so no great advantage in giving them 3 stands.

No advantage except hospitality sells out, programmes sales, catering, bars, sponsorship, car parks, saints shop, local businesses, and that the club will face the same policing/stewarding/staffing costs whether there are 5000 or 9000 in the ground. Takings MINUS costs are shared. Costs are pretty much the same whether it's 1 or 9000 for things like floodlights (yes they pay a part of the electricity, it's a stated mount from the SFA), officials, safety.

People seem to think that fans win a game, it's players, we have not scored v them since 2017. it's better to be realistic in today's economic climate: Take the money, stabilize the budget for NEXT year, and move on. We have reached the quarters and we are facing the team who have not lost a cup competition in 4 years, winning everything in their way.

Let's not get too sentimental - SHOW US THE MONEY YA SOAP DODGING MOFOS!

Edited by MySpazz

On 2/11/2020 at 10:35 AM, MySpazz said:

Costs are pretty much the same whether it's 1 or 9000 for things like floodlights (yes they pay a part of the electricity, it's a stated mount from the SFA), 

Have Saints considered a Tesla storage battery? If electricity is shared, pump it for 24 hrs into a battery & use it for other games.... half price leccy bill.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

On 2/10/2020 at 9:46 PM, Dave H said:

Behind the goal is given to away fans for a reason, it's the worst view in the ground. You couldn't pay me to go in there.

There will also BBC Radio Scotland coverage of Hearts v Rangers at 17:30 and holders Celtic's tie away St Johnstone at 15:00 on Sunday, 1 March.

Looks like we dodged a bullet with times for this game -  Premeir Sport has taken the Rangers game at 17.30 on the Saturday.

Hopefully the Saints fans will come out  for this on the Sunday.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, Papa Jack said:

We should never turn down the opportunity to sell seats...

£20 a ticket...I think we could sell the Ormond and 2/3 of the Main Stand?..what's that 3.5k home fans?

Never quite understood the capacity splits between the 4 stands at McD.  Total capacity of the ground seems to be 10,600 or so and I think I have seen the Ormond and North stands quoted at around 1,800 each.  With the benefit of a good Perth education that leaves 7,000.  My guess is the East holds around 3,300 and the West 3,700.  Can anyone be more accurate?

4 minutes ago, south inch said:

Never quite understood the capacity splits between the 4 stands at McD.  Total capacity of the ground seems to be 10,600 or so and I think I have seen the Ormond and North stands quoted at around 1,800 each.  With the benefit of a good Perth education that leaves 7,000.  My guess is the East holds around 3,300 and the West 3,700.  Can anyone be more accurate?

4 minutes ago, south inch said:

Stands are roughly

Ormond and north are 2000 each 

east is 3500

west is 3000

Just wondering if it would be a bit of good PR for the club if they let out season ticket holders in for free for this game?  

As season ticket holders are being displaced from the east stand for the OF games and are a bit disgruntled.

We should make a killing from the Celtic fans that would not have been in the budget even at the start of the year.

34 minutes ago, Cagerf said:

Just wondering if it would be a bit of good PR for the club if they let out season ticket holders in for free for this game?  

As season ticket holders are being displaced from the east stand for the OF games and are a bit disgruntled.

We should make a killing from the Celtic fans that would not have been in the budget even at the start of the year.

Sorry ment our season ticket holders

Edited by Cagerf

41 minutes ago, Cagerf said:

Spiffing idea.do this for east stand ticket holders.upgrade the west stand season ticket dudes into hospitality.

voila no Celtic in hospitality.

charge Celtic  £40 each to cover breakages ,dodgy political,religious singing and usage of east stand.

Braw.

56 minutes ago, Cagerf said:

Ticket pricing needs to be consistent.....and there's no way we should be letting in anyone for free.

If it was your business @Cagerf would you give away £50k?

9 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Ticket pricing needs to be consistent.....and there's no way we should be letting in anyone for free.

If it was your business @Cagerf would you give away £50k?

Not give away.  Reward loyal customers.  
But this is a windfall that would not have been in the budget so the club will not be maximising their amount the make but will still have extra funding.

we could have drawn Motherwell St Murray so would have a lot less from this game.