Scottish Cup Q/F 29/2/2020

Cagey

When playing Celtic you have to take your chances....we didn't.

Very good performance though. Credit to Tanser, he can't defend and seemed to have been told not to dive in on Forrest, but coped better than I would have expected.

Butcher continues to look good on the ball although not all that mobile....may be as he gets more games that will come.

Put up a decent show.

Seemed to sit further back in second half… May have been them pushing harder or us tiring.

Switched off a wee bit at thee goal after Forrest got 5 mins of treatment. I am also sure we put everyone back at the free kick allowing Julian & Agar to go up for free kick .May was staying up & they 2 were back to cover him.

Main stand linesman never put his flag up in first half but couldn't keep it down in second. Flagging for offside & fouls to them.

Still think we could have got something from the game if he hadn't played Tanser & Spoony.

Called in Booth at half time but never played him. May have been someone carrying an injury & was able to carry on.

I thought we pressed the ball  really well. Forcing Forest and McGregor deep in to their own half. Defended well. Disappointed in Tanser diving in their box - ball then went up the park for their goal. Had spells of pressure but didn't have enough up front go make it count. McCart looks like a really good addition. 

Team should be very proud of that performance. We had some decent efforts and really had them on the ropes at times. The slow ground suited us better as it stopped them playing their quick football. We might have lost but thoroughly happy with how we got stuck in.

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I am also sure we put everyone back at the free kick allowing Julian & Agar to go up for free kick .May was staying up & they 2 were back to cover him.

You're talking shite there, I'm afraid. They were up for every set piece in that area/corner.

According to the bbc report celtic pummelled the hosts. What fricking game was this guy at!

so Tanser is the scapegoat of the moment......why does there have to be one? Fwiw I thought he played well today, and there was no chance he was offside in the first half. I was in line with the celtic last man and the east stand linesman was behind the play. 
my MoM was Drey Wright. Looks to me a better right back than Ralston.

33 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Still think we could have got something from the game if he hadn't played Tanser & Spoony.

Called in Booth at half time but never played him. May have been someone carrying an injury & was able to carry on.

So you wanted Tommy to revert to a back 4 to accommodate your prejudices?