Scottish Cup Q/F 29/2/2020

Cagey

Disappointing goal to lose but hard to defend against. Ball whipped in,  distraction caused by their player not getting anything on it and ball sailed in at the back. Maybe should have gone 3 up front before the goal. We wouldnt have wanted a replay. Getting to 80 mins and 0-0 was a great achievement so best chance was to try and snatch something towards the end.

Gutted.   Great chance of winning the Cup undone by a shite goal today. well a semi final at Hampden anyways.

Gotta take your chances, thought everyone played well, Zander had couple of good saves.   Thought May was scoring but denied.  

A replay would have been the least we deserved. Put out is a sore one, but proud of our team.  We've come a long way from start of season form.  Take pride and go smash the St Mirren next up!

30 minutes ago, dunblanemike said:

According to the bbc report celtic pummelled the hosts. What fricking game was this guy at!

According to the BBC we had 77% of the play but I think they have that wrong as in the first half it was  they said 38 - 62 at one point! BBC at their best!

5 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

According to the BBC we had 77% of the play but I think they have that wrong as in the first half it was  they said 38 - 62 at one point! BBC at their best!

They had a spell in the 2nd half where we had lots of last gasp defending and terrific goalkeeping but never felt like we were being pummelled.

43 minutes ago, dunblanemike said:

According to the bbc report celtic pummelled the hosts. What fricking game was this guy at!

The BBC report has to be the most one sided report I’ve read in a long time - utter nonsense....   

the bombardment continued 

hmmmm green tinted specs 

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Always want my prejudices accommodate.

You are right I prefer a back four & I don't rate Tanser. My bad.

Tanser played okay in my opinion. He had a hard task today and did ok. It was a good team performance and we should actually come away feeling really positive with what we saw.

25 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Just read elsewhere that it was an indirect free kick (not sure of the accuracy of that), but if it was and it went in direct then it shouldn’t have counted.

Absolutely no idea where someone has dreamed that up from? Theres literally zero reason it was, or could be, an indirect free kick.

I think we will look back on this game as one of missed opportunity! 

I don’t know about anyone else, but due to recent results I was considering a 3-0 defeat from Celtic as positive, so really didn’t go in to the match thinking anything other than hoping we kept the score in single figures. Now that is bad... for long spells today we matched Celtic and certainly didn’t play like they were 44 points ahead of us!  A wee bit more belief and application I think we could have got a result. Watching the leaders today I understand why they were knocked out of Europe.

Not that anyone should worry, as long as the quadruple treble is still achievable, and they stop Rangers winning anything then the majority of their supporters will be happy.. it’s really difficult to win a one horse race.. quite a sad indictment of Scottish football...

McCart is an absolute gem. Best signing in a while. He reminds me a bit of Gary Gillespie (I know...) big, honest, comfortable on the ball. He'll make mistakes, he's 22. A future Scotland player, mark my words. And also a target for the ugly sisters. Can't wait for Rooney. He's a great player. Just need to sort out midfield. 

39 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

I think we will look back on this game as one of missed opportunity! 

I don’t know about anyone else, but due to recent results I was considering a 3-0 defeat from Celtic as positive, so really didn’t go in to the match thinking anything other than hoping we kept the score in single figures. Now that is bad... for long spells today we matched Celtic and certainly didn’t play like they were 44 points ahead of us!  A wee bit more belief and application I think we could have got a result. Watching the leaders today I understand why they were knocked out of Europe.

Not that anyone should worry, as long as the quadruple treble is still achievable, and they stop Rangers winning anything then the majority of their supporters will be happy.. it’s really difficult to win a one horse race.. quite a sad indictment of Scottish football...

I think if they had played Sumunovic & we had a bit more composure in front of goal we might have got at least a draw.