Scottish Cup Q/F 29/2/2020

Cagey

Due a result against this lot. 

Suspect we will get main stand only. 

Tic in Europe on the Thursday before and the Thursday before that. 

Saints play rangers the Sunday before but have a full week to recover which must be to our advantage. 

Tommy must set us up to be much tighter and we just need a magic pass and super Ali in behind their defence for a 1 nil win for saints. 

1 hour ago, south inch said:

How about we take the Ormond and the South end of the West?  East, North and North end of West to them.  We will be on Premier or Sky for TV money.

Behind the goal is a good idea, something different.  Ormond home only fans, give the rest of ground to the manky mob.  Likely get a better home atmosphere behind the goal as opposed splitting us to polar opposites of the Main.   That Main stand v Celtic last time out was simply shite.  

Ormond 'Blue' Day!   Party.  £15 to get in.

Edited by Dave H

28 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Due a result against this lot. 

Suspect we will get main stand only. 

Tic in Europe on the Thursday before and the Thursday before that. 

Saints play rangers the Sunday before but have a full week to recover which must be to our advantage. 

Tommy must set us up to be much tighter and we just need a magic pass and super Ali in behind their defence for a 1 nil win for saints. 

We can't set up much tighter than a couple of weeks ago where we had 11men in our half of the field &backed off & let them do as they pleased.

1 hour ago, akuram said:

So disappointing, anyone but Celtic would have been fine.

Agree with above and charge them £40 a ticket.

At least we’re will make a bit of money from it.

Whilst I agree with the let’s make money part we would then need to charge our own fans £40 a ticket as well 

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

East stand & half main stand to us & rest to them.

It is a cup tie & hopefully more home support will turn up.

Gate shared so no great advantage in giving them 3 stands.

That won’t happen it will be the same as couple of weeks ago - Although the ormond and half the main stand is a much better idea, What would that be? 3200 odd? 

Edited by bluesaint

At least we have had plenty of games against them to know what not to do!
Don’t play Tanser against Forrest!! Forrest must think his birthday has come early when he sees Tanser... Tanser is not a defender.. just runs backwards! Pity Ralston can’t play at least he has a bit dig...

I live in hope that we don’t give them too much respect and just get tore in to them! 
I’d rather go out with a bang than a whimper! Nothing to fear but fear itself!!!
COYS 

Gs brown is a construction company.

i suggest for the Celtic cup game that they construct temporary restricted view seats for the Celtic support.

That way the bozos get a taste of what away fans get at Celtic park.

also crank up the volume with some good old country and western music.up the Dolly Parton.

7 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

I am most likely wrong here. But as Ralston is now cuptied as he played against Ayr would that not free him up for this cuptie. Or is he not allowed to play for against his parent team in all competitions.

Don't think it is about not being allowed by rules as much as not being allowed by Celtic & why would they ?.

Bit surprised at the defeatist attitude to this - I really hope Tommy and the players don't have the same attitude as some of our fans.

Of course it's going to be a tough one but I think if we get out tactics right and get a bit of luck on the day, we could do something against them in a cup tie. I think we need to basically set out to park the bus - keep the majority of our team behind the ball, avoid conceding early at all costs, and hope for either a lucky break or some good set pieces at the other end. And probably not put Tanser up against Forrest.

I like the idea of putting Saints fans at one end of the East Stand and behind the goal in the Ormond, by the way. I think we might generate a bit more atmosphere with a good Saints crowd behind one goal.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Bit surprised at the defeatist attitude to this - I really hope Tommy and the players don't have the same attitude as some of our fans.

Of course it's going to be a tough one but I think if we get out tactics right and get a bit of luck on the day, we could do something against them in a cup tie. I think we need to basically set out to park the bus - keep the majority of our team behind the ball, avoid conceding early at all costs, and hope for either a lucky break or some good set pieces at the other end. And probably not put Tanser up against Forrest.

I like the idea of putting Saints fans at one end of the East Stand and behind the goal in the Ormond, by the way. I think we might generate a bit more atmosphere with a good Saints crowd behind one goal.

BH we tried keeping the majority of the team behind the ball against them recently & were 3 down in 20 minutes.

We played our normal game in second half & looked good although Celtic took the foot of the gas.

53 minutes ago, Cagey said:

BH we tried keeping the majority of the team behind the ball against them recently & were 3 down in 20 minutes.

We played our normal game in second half & looked good although Celtic took the foot of the gas.

We tried to yeah, but we were pretty sloppy, and Tanser on the left against Forrest just doesn't work. I just don't think playing "our normal game" against them is every going to work as we'll just expose ourselves too much. We did indeed look good in the second half of that match but I'm really not sure how much you can read into a performance that comes at a point of a game where the opposition already have a three-goal cushion. We need to be able to get ourselves into a position where if we can nick a goal it might actually matter.

58 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

We tried to yeah, but we were pretty sloppy, and Tanser on the left against Forrest just doesn't work. I just don't think playing "our normal game" against them is every going to work as we'll just expose ourselves too much. We did indeed look good in the second half of that match but I'm really not sure how much you can read into a performance that comes at a point of a game where the opposition already have a three-goal cushion. We need to be able to get ourselves into a position where if we can nick a goal it might actually matter.

I think we have to look at the reality of the matter, Celtic have a striker who cost roughly the same as two years of our total revenue. We really don't have the means to compete and that is why we haven't scored against them for over two years whilst they have scored 30.

29/01/20, 20:45 St. Johnstone - Celtic  FT  0 : 3  (0 : 3) (0 : 0)
03/08/19, 16:00 Celtic - St. Johnstone  FT  7 : 0  (3 : 0) (4 : 0)
10/02/19, 14:30 Celtic - St. Johnstone  FT  5 : 0  (2 : 0) (3 : 0)
03/02/19, 13:30 St. Johnstone - Celtic  FT  0 : 2  (0 : 0) (0 : 2)
30/01/19, 20:45 Celtic - St. Johnstone  FT  2 : 0  (0 : 0) (2 : 0)
07/10/18, 16:30 St. Johnstone - Celtic  FT  0 : 6  (0 : 5) (0 : 1)
26/09/18, 20:45 St. Johnstone - Celtic  FT  0 : 1  (0 : 0) (0 : 1)
18/02/18, 16:00 Celtic - St. Johnstone  FT  0 : 0  (0 : 0) (0 : 0)
04/11/17, 13:30 St. Johnstone - Celtic  FT  0 : 4  (0 : 1) (0 : 3)
26/08/17, 16:00 Celtic - St. Johnstone  FT  1 : 1  (0 : 1) (1 : 0)

I can't see a cup game in Perth being any different these days.

53 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

We have tried 10 men behind the ball now for 6 or 7 games now & lost30-0 or something like that. I am maybe being a bit naive but if can surprise them & have to early & try & get a goal & silence the T IMS.

It's a one of cup game & most of us expect to get knocked out so nothing to lose but a few goals & some confidence.

We never used to be shit scared of Celtic & they have had better players than us in all the time we have been in premiership.

Take our point about Tanser though.