Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Dundee United keen on Holt and Swanson

Signing our rejects - one team in Tayside!

No surprise Holt released. Think there will be a raft of players getting dumped by Championship/ Div 1 clubs in England.  For once it's clubs who have the upperhand in contract negotiations. A lot of players with no clubs to match their wage demands.... think it will play into the hands of clubs such as ourselves, Hibs, Midden, Killie etc...

22 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Liam, kane Booth being offered 6 month contracts, so looks like it's not Clelland :)

6 month contracts to allow the next manager time to assess if they have a future at saints, which indicates Clelland won't be getting the top job however the upside is Davidson and Wright don't seem to be in the same boat and hopefully the club are doing everything they can to get those 2 home. 

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Liam, kane Booth being offered 6 month contracts, so looks like it's not Clelland :)

Sensible idea,to give them six month contracts,think all three would get extensions anyway,all play vital parts in the club,booth have been brilliant,kane works defenses  like no other striker,Liam is vital in his experience in games

31 minutes ago, tucker said:

Sensible idea,to give them six month contracts,think all three would get extensions anyway,all play vital parts in the club,booth have been brilliant,kane works defenses  like no other striker,Liam is vital in his experience in games

No word on Murray?

2 minutes ago, mainstand said:

No word on Murray?

Already been articles that saints are discussing a new deal for Davidson, especially since he hit the number of games required under his contract to trigger an extension, so it'll most likely be at least a years deal. 

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

No word on Murray?

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Already been articles that saints are discussing a new deal for Davidson, especially since he hit the number of games required under his contract to trigger an extension, so it'll most likely be at least a years deal. 

I hope saints have a similar contract for young mccart as muzz,I think with the preferences of him and kerr,clubs will be looking at him, bargain buy of January, don't want another player going like Kennedy last six months final offer contact

43 minutes ago, tucker said:

I hope saints have a similar contract for young mccart as muzz,I think with the preferences of him and kerr,clubs will be looking at him, bargain buy of January, don't want another player going like Kennedy last six months final offer contact

At this moment in time long contracts are z risk but players like Kerr,Clark,McCart,McCann & Hendry will attract a lot of attention . We don't want to lose any of them on pre contract or cheaply. 

If these guys keep performing as they are they will.be worth s lot of money & we will lose out if we are not willing to take s chance  on longer contracts. 

2 hours ago, tucker said:

McCart is contracted until 2022.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

At this moment in time long contracts are z risk but players like Kerr,Clark,McCart,McCann & Hendry will attract a lot of attention . We don't want to lose any of them on pre contract or cheaply. 

If these guys keep performing as they are they will.be worth s lot of money & we will lose out if we are not willing to take s chance  on longer contracts. 

Depends if they want long term deals, you cant force them to sign it.

We look to have a decent squad even if Wright & Davidson don't sign.

We might need replacements for those 2 if they don't sign but in the present crisis they may try to get to January or summer window with the rest.

Either way I don't think we will be rushing out to sign anyone.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We might need replacements for those 2 if they don't sign but in the present crisis they may try to get to January or summer window with the rest.

As much as I love Muzz we have done without him when out injured or suspended, he should know the only way is down

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Leaves us a bit light in central midfield does it not?

Holt and Butcher were both decent. If Muzz doesn't sign then I'd be pretty worried.