Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

46 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

Leaves us a bit light in central midfield does it not?

Holt and Butcher were both decent. If Muzz doesn't sign then I'd be pretty worried.

Yeah,if Muzz & Wright or 1 of them doesn't sign we will definitely need another midfielder at least.

I think Bannatyne is the only one of the kids that is a midfielder & maybe not a ball winning midfielder. I thought Struthers would have done that. Would have also kept O,Reilly as a replacement for Wright.

Can't see Muzz not signing though.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,if Muzz & Wright or 1 of them doesn't sign we will definitely need another midfielder at least.

I think Bannatyne is the only one of the kids that is a midfielder & maybe not a ball winning midfielder. I thought Struthers would have done that. Would have also kept O,Reilly as a replacement for Wright.

Can't see Muzz not signing though.

Struthers was a striker wasnt he?

Bannatyne and Hamilton are both listed as midfielders, but I've no idea if that's central or out wide.

Robertson and Northcott have both played out wide for the first team already.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Struthers was a striker wasnt he?

Bannatyne and Hamilton are both listed as midfielders, but I've no idea if that's central or out wide.

Robertson and Northcott have both played out wide for the first team already.

Depends where you look.

He had himself down as a left winter on a Q & A when he joined the club.

Soccorbase has him as a midfielder & transfermarket as a striker.

I was sure I had seen him in midfield.

Anyway if anyone should know these young lads it has to be Clelland.

Looks like it is not Weir as manager then as he said he was impressed with Struthers before he got sacked from Montrose.

27 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Liam,Kano may not be chuffed at him getting a year  seeing as he will miss most of it with injury and suspension.

Happy with that though. Just need Wright to sing and we will be ready  for new season. 

You at the crystal ball again

Edited by sixties saintee

On 5/30/2020 at 11:00 AM, Cagey said:

I assume unless Drey Wright signed by Monday he is a free agent.

Would be a bit disappointed in him given that Saints treated him well during his injury.

How else would Saints have treated a contracted player while he was injured?

Drey Wright doesn't owe us anything. I'd like him to stay, but if he doesn't then that's totally fair enough.

That's it now in the papers that Drey Wright has rejected a new contract.

The contract offer was on reduced terms to his current deal.

I liked him, and thought he was a cracking player, but you just cant look past his lack of goals and injury problems and argue he deserved an increased wage.

His only league goal for the club was a deflected cross against Hamilton. 

In terms of the league, this is the top midfield goalscorers/assist over his time at the club.

Matty Kennedy - 9 goals/ 6 assists

David Wotherspoon - 5 goals/ 4 assists

Ali McCann - 4 goals/ 2 assists

Blair Alston - 4 goals/ 0 assists

Michael O'Halloran - 3 goals/ 2 assists

Murray Davidson - 3 goals/ 1 assist

Liam Craig - 2 goals/ 5 assists

Drey Wright - 1 goal/ 3 assists

Ross Callachan - 1 goal/ 1 assist

I liked him a lot and I think under normal circumstances he'd have been offered an improved contract. I also think, from what I've seen, his stats don't really reflect how good a player he is. But with potentially no paying customers for months, and no Tommy around to push the board to keep him, I don't think this could ever have gone any other way.

The club knows that there will be a lot of good players floating around for free this summer, so Drey isn't irreplaceable - I suppose now the onus is on us having a manager who can identify and attract them.

1 hour ago, bankfoot saint said:

Always got to laugh when a player who had no intention of re signing comes out and say they would have re signed but the offer they got wasn’t good enough for them. Bye drey enjoy the lower leagues of england 

Rumour is Hibs are interested and Bristol Rovers says it all, if he does go hibs make our victories over them more sweeter

29 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

I get the situation we're in and everything but given the amount of players that have just left it's a shame we couldn't have at least offered him more money than he's currently on.

He was never going to accept reduced terms.

Is Cleveland Taylor still available? 

Rumour has always been hes one of the higher earners.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Rumour has always been hes one of the higher earners.

Yeah, I don't think he was keen to extend before corona happened. Thought it might have given us a chance to keep him if we'd made him a decent offer.

We can't compete with Bristol Rovers ect... so I won't lose any sleep over it.

I'm hoping we go 3-5-2 with Rooney on the right.