Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If you don't mind I will still be critical if my club are not keeping us up to date .

I think Widge put it very well.

I think it is more than likely that there would have been paperwork to have been completed and formalities observed before it was all official. the fact that a newspaper ran the story before these were completed is really irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

ICT have confirmed Shaun Rooney has now officially left them to "join the club he signed a pre-contract with earlier this year", which Rooney confirmed was us.

Apparently the league required images of next seasons kits the weekend just past too.

Hopefully get news on both soon.

Good news!!!! I'm not personally bothered by Wright leaving.  Good player, expensive and an injury liability.  Saints need club players, not journeyman cash hungry players. Obviously we need a manager ASAP to shore things up.

44 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Good news!!!! I'm not personally bothered by Wright leaving.  Good player, expensive and an injury liability.  Saints need club players, not journeyman cash hungry players. Obviously we need a manager ASAP to shore things up.

In what way was Wright a journeyman? Mid 20’s and he’d been a Colchester for years. 

19 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

He's doing it. Next stop probably china. After a few clubs.

Wait so any player that has a career is classed as a journeyman. Utter bollocks, the guys making a living and the fact he’s had 2 clubs by 25 makes him less of a journeyman than thousands of players. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

ICT have confirmed Shaun Rooney has now officially left them to "join the club he signed a pre-contract with earlier this year", which Rooney confirmed was us.

Apparently the league required images of next seasons kits the weekend just past too.

Hopefully get news on both soon.

Think the rule for registration of kit has a clause in it that says by June 1 or a date that is advised by the board. 

Suspect a few clubs will be up against the wire. With Saints pitch teamwear are still closed according to their website and from their web they have the management of the retail and kit design management for saints. 

On 6/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, mainstand said:

I think Widge put it very well.

I think it is more than likely that there would have been paperwork to have been completed and formalities observed before it was all official. the fact that a newspaper ran the story before these were completed is really irrelevant. 

Sorry to jump on my hobby horse again but it is in Courier & Caley site that we have signed Rooney.

42 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Sorry to jump on my hobby horse again but it is in Courier & Caley site that we have signed Rooney.

Perish the thought that you are moaning. I think it says he signed a pre contract with us and he had left to take that up..

Iam sure we will be told once all the relevant processes have been completed and a photo shoot arranged. Don't think we are in any hurry.

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

Just had a look at the Caley site and, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it doesn't say anything about Rooney signing for Saints specifically.

https://ictfc.com/end-of-season-2019-20-squad-update

On 5/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, Cagey said:

Liam,Kano may not be chuffed at him getting a year  seeing as he will miss most of it with injury and suspension.

Happy with that though. Just need Wright to sing and we will be ready  for new season. 

Muzz has been sent off once in his time at Saints so he doesn't miss a lot of games due to suspension. 

He is a notoriously quick healer and has had one long term injury during his time at the club (2014, when it sadly cost him a Cup Final appearance)so doesn't miss a lot of games due to injury. 

He has been a fantastic servant to Saints and deserves more respect than your post affords him. 

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Just had a look at the Caley site and, unless I'm looking in the wrong place, it doesn't say anything about Rooney signing for Saints specifically.

https://ictfc.com/end-of-season-2019-20-squad-update

Must have been removed. It was P&B that it was mentioned.

It may be that as the widow is not yet open no one wants to say officially.

10 hours ago, jhq said:

Muzz has been sent off once in his time at Saints so he doesn't miss a lot of games due to suspension. 

He is a notoriously quick healer and has had one long term injury during his time at the club (2014, when it sadly cost him a Cup Final appearance)so doesn't miss a lot of games due to injury. 

He has been a fantastic servant to Saints and deserves more respect than your post affords him. 

Only once? That’s a surprise. 

Im sure he took an early booking in that game and could had a few ropey tackles after that. I remember betting In Play that he’d get a red. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Im sure he took an early booking in that game and could had a few ropey tackles after that. I remember betting In Play that he’d get a red. 

Well he got a straight red card this season against Aberdeen, so I don’t think you did. 

7 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

No yellow,  straight red for a bad tackle on Bryson 

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

Must have been removed. It was P&B that it was mentioned.

It may be that as the widow is not yet open no one wants to say officially.

Daily Record report on his court appearance for a speeding fine (98mph on A9) says the new St Johnstone signing and also his annual salary is £30k. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Daily Record report on his court appearance for a speeding fine (98mph on A9) says the new St Johnstone signing and also his annual salary is £30k. 

That must have been when he was rushing down to sign contract.

By the way is there any confirmation he has signed or is it newspaper speculation ?.

Maybe another minibus.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

That must have been when he was rushing down to sign contract.

By the way is there any confirmation he has signed or is it newspaper speculation ?.

Maybe another minibus.

Rooney himself has confirmed he signed for St Johnstone - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1157909/st-johnstone-bound-shaun-rooney-hopes-to-be-facing-current-club-inverness-in-premiership-next-season/