Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

4 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

He's young, inexperienced and had a difficult year.

I'm hopeful that he'll come on a fair bit this year, although he might be unlucky with a lot of teams downsizing their squads next season.

It’s not his experience or age that bothers me. It’s the fact that he runs like he is towing a caravan. I don’t think people get faster with age or experience to they?

20 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

It’s not his experience or age that bothers me. It’s the fact that he runs like he is towing a caravan. I don’t think people get faster with age or experience to they?

Is he any slower than Wright, Duberry or Anderson?

If defenders can read the game well enough their pace doesnt seem to matter too much.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Is he any slower than Wright, Duberry or Anderson?

If defenders can read the game well enough their pace doesnt seem to matter too much.

DERP!!!!

Yes he is a slower than those three and he can’t read the game nearly as well as any of the aforementioned.

Just now, R.B.B:- Adz said:

DERP!!!!

Yes he is a slower than those three and he can’t read the game nearly as well as any of the aforementioned.

Hes also about a decade younger than any of them at their peak with us, I'll even dare to say Anderson wasnt far off being as bad when he first came into the side.

I don't think Duffy was anywhere near good enough last season, but even by the end you could see improvements in him.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Today is Shaun Rooneys final day as an ICT player, officially.

Another ICT player on twitter has just confirmed this is the end date for contracts at the club.

So folk moaning about Saints not posting a picture of him in the new strip holding a virtual season ticket next to the new manager are a bit premature?

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes also about a decade younger than any of them at their peak with us, I'll even dare to say Anderson wasnt far off being as bad when he first came into the side.

I don't think Duffy was anywhere near good enough last season, but even by the end you could see improvements in him.

Aye ok then.

Wallace Duffy is a world beater and Kirsten Robertson is our saviour 

53 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Aye ok then.

I mean RandomGuy has made some very fair points in this argument, whereas you seem intent on bashing a kid in his first season playing first team football. As RandomGuy has pointed out players take time, Anderson being the prime example. He was a useless right back as a kid and never had any pace, who turned into our record appearance holder as a centreback, give the guy a chance. 

As for the continual shoehorning or Kirsten Robertson into every post, it’s getting boring. We get it, you don’t like her, but like it or not she’s not going anywhere right now, especially when the club needs as many hands as it can get to restore some normality. 

6 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Aye ok then.

My god you are having some run of posts today. Steve Brown getting it, Wallace Brown getting it you do know they are not related?

Wallace is far from as bad as you are trying to make out. Give the laddie a chance. 

51 minutes ago, mainstand said:

My god you are having some run of posts today. Steve Brown getting it, Wallace Brown getting it you do know they are not related?

Wallace is far from as bad as you are trying to make out. Give the laddie a chance. 

Who's Wallace Brown?

1 hour ago, tucker said:

QPR interested in holt, good luck to them didn't rate the lad was okay nothing special

Surprised , perhaps it's because he is an ex Ranger so must  be a decent player. He is a decent player but not sure if he will do well at QPR.

Good luck to him though.

22 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

So folk moaning about Saints not posting a picture of him in the new strip holding a virtual season ticket next to the new manager are a bit premature?

That's him just said his goodbyes to ICT fans on Twitter (with an added dig at Ross County being the "smallest team in the highlands"), so it sure seems like people were expecting us to announce a signing of someone who wasnt even contracted to us yet.

Motherwell have had Ricki Lamie signed since before Christmas and that's them just announced it this afternoon.

Motherwell have also signed Jordan White from ICT apparently but haven’t announced it. I really can’t  understand why people are getting so uppity about us not ‘officially’ announcing the Rooney signing. He’s done an interview confirming it, Wright confirmed he’d signed in an interview, Cleland had a full article about him in the Courier last week, and chairman said he’d signed in yesterday’s PA. Its clearly happening/happened. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Motherwell have also signed Jordan White from ICT apparently but haven’t announced it. I really can’t  understand why people are getting so uppity about us not ‘officially’ announcing the Rooney signing. He’s done an interview confirming it, Wright confirmed he’d signed in an interview, Cleland had a full article about him in the Courier last week, and chairman said he’d signed in yesterday’s PA. Its clearly happening/happened. 

you’d think he’ll be “on holiday” now that his ICT contract has finished and he will do his press stuff when Pre Season starts. 

I’d guess our contacts are designed to officially start on day 1 of the pre-Covid Pre-season training schedule.

We won’t pay new players for them to sun themselves in Tenerife for 2 weeks. 

10 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

you’d think he’ll be “on holiday” now that his ICT contract has finished and he will do his press stuff when Pre Season starts. 

I’d guess our contacts are designed to officially start on day 1 of the pre-Covid Pre-season training schedule.

he better no be on holiday or when he comes back he will be missing training for 2 weeks isolation. :shock:

22 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

FB_IMG_1591904782640.jpg