Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Younger than Chris Burke, who scored 6 and assisted 5 for Kilmarnock last season, and almost made the leagues TOTY.

Conway can play both sides, has massive experience which is handy with a young squad, presumably won't be asking for a lot of money, and won't be around for too long to block the pathway for younger players.

I think its a good move getting him on trial to see how he looks. If he's finished you move on, but if he's not then you've got a really good option.

Agree. Callum will assess him & make the decision. If he is still fit & anything remotely like he was a couple of seasons ago then he is the kind of player we need.

58 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Younger than Chris Burke, who scored 6 and assisted 5 for Kilmarnock last season, and almost made the leagues TOTY.

Conway can play both sides, has massive experience which is handy with a young squad, presumably won't be asking for a lot of money, and won't be around for too long to block the pathway for younger players.

I think its a good move getting him on trial to see how he looks. If he's finished you move on, but if he's not then you've got a really good option.

I agree with this. We need that extra bit of experience that he would bring, spoke to him a few years ago when he was up in Dundee. He was still playing & it was obvious that his fitness was above our league at that time. If the gaffer thinks he can do a job for a season I’d be happy. Still disappointed that Danny is away, we need someone who can see that pass, make that attacking run

On 7/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, Jad said:

I agree with this. We need that extra bit of experience that he would bring, spoke to him a few years ago when he was up in Dundee. He was still playing & it was obvious that his fitness was above our league at that time. If the gaffer thinks he can do a job for a season I’d be happy. Still disappointed that Danny is away, we need someone who can see that pass, make that attacking run

Agree about Danny, but he had mental issues which made him less than perfect.....

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

What happened to the lad Butcher who we had on loan last season? He looked like he was very capable and when he found a decent fitness level the season was put on hold. I'd be happy to see him back.

You half wonder if Bournemouth being relegated would see him given a chance there.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Callum Hendry has left under freedom of contract, according to the inept BBC...

Embarrassing how little they know about one of the top clubs in the country.

Didn't they keep saying that he was out of contract when reporting on us last season even though they had a story about him extending his contract?

4 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Didn't they keep saying that he was out of contract when reporting on us last season even though they had a story about him extending his contract?

They had an article about out of contract players back in May claiming he was going out of contract, despite him extending his deal months before.

Screenshot_20200524-191028_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c424e33c47cea67626cebbc70153a728.jpg.53487dd0abea174511c8456c54e9cd6e.jpg

8 hours ago, tucker said:

Jason Holt training with Livingston,no major lose to us, didn't think he played that well for us

Have to agree.When he arrived I was so happy that we were getting a box to box midfielder with a fantastic " engine " that chipped in a few goals.  Sadly Jason for several reasons just didnt have that kind of spell here

10 hours ago, tucker said:

Jason Holt training with Livingston,no major lose to us, didn't think he played that well for us

If Livi can afford him then surely we can.

Decent player but not disappointed if we didn't sign him.

Perhaps they are just giving him training facilities as I am sure Gary Holt will know him.

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If Livi can afford him then surely we can.

Decent player but not disappointed if we didn't sign him.

Perhaps they are just giving him training facilities as I am sure Gary Holt will know him.

To add to that we definitely need a central midfielder. Liam & Muzz no spring chickens ,Spoony a bit slow & not a great tackler but loads of talent. Ali still a young lad. That's 4 recognised midfielders. Ballantine is a midfielder but think Hamilton & Northcott are more wide/striker

On 7/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, RandomGuy said:

Both got 7 full caps for Scotland.

Are we about to have an international player in the squad?