Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

7 hours ago, Widge said:

Stephen Hendrie is a left back who's not good enough to play in this league and is injured half the time.

Alan Lithgow hasn't played for 6/7 months due to injury and is at an age where it's unlikely he'll get fit enough for the top flight again.

Peter Hartley is being released by Motherwell as he is no longer able to play at this level, he's too slow on the turn and again has had injury problems. 

Marcus Fraser would be decent back up, but he's just been let go as club captain of a top flight team and there's no way he wouldn't want to be a starter on a first team wage, which we are not looking for.

Slivka is decent, but he was on a big wage at Hibs by virtue of being a full internationalist, plus joining from Juventus. He doesn't add anything to a team though and on the wage he'd want, he'd be a Lithuanian Gary MacDonald.

I personally wouldn't want any of these players, we'll be looking at guys from the Championship, etc. now that it's finished. Hopefully Davidson has kept an eye on the under 21 league at that level, or guys who were out on loan. With the new wage caps coming into place, we might be in a position to compete now. 

Yes, I don't disagree - just mentioning some names out there. I'm not too sure about the 'big wage' thing though. I think some players are getting desperate now, and the clubs are in a better position than ever, with some players just glad to have any sort of wage. That being said, I think we have slashed our wage bill this season. 

35 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Went on to our website to have a look at our squad and squad numbers (to see if May had number 17). But there is not trace of this anywhere am I being blind.

Yeah I was having a look for player profiles on the official site a few days ago and could find anything along those lines.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

What a coup for East Fife. They have some decent backers in the shadows that must be putting up a sum of cash for Swanny.

Great business for East Fife and good luck to Danny.

I take it he has went part time. Think he had a couple of non football irons in the fire maybe wrong but was told he was involved in a financial adviser role. 

Terrific signing for East Fife. I think Swanson on-form would still be one of the best players in the Premier, let alone a couple of divisions down.

I'd expected him to go off abroad somewhere to try to get one last big pay day, but this probably makes sense if he has non-football stuff on the go as mentioned above.

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

When will players learn if they have a good season ugly sisters sign them to stop them tearing one against them. None so blind

They also quadruple their wages then usually end up at an English club where they will still earn more than they did at their previous Scottish club. 

11 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

When will players learn if they have a good season ugly sisters sign them to stop them tearing one against them. None so blind

Jones & Kambari sticking it up to their fans by falling over themselves to join Rangers, like many before them just to fester on the bench.