Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, jhq said:

If we're going to play a back 3, then I think we need another.  Get Duffy out on loan and get someone else in. 

Yes. If we play with a back 3 we can’t just rely on Duffy. I’m sure Booth, Rooney & McNamara can all do it but they’d be out of their main position & couldn’t be relied on.

Any players been released by Millwall at the end of the season?

7 hours ago, jhq said:

If we're going to play a back 3, then I think we need another.  Get Duffy out on loan and get someone else in. 

Going with that theory we need 2 strikers as Hendry is the only natural striker. We have cover at centre back Also he can change the formation. If and I say if he does and it works we have a centre back sitting in the stand. We need midfielders and strikers more that centre backs

20 hours ago, Salguodinmethven. said:

Wtf, surely could do better than that, saints surely could've matched or bettered them on wages etc... maybe personal though. Pity whatever the reasons would've been good to see him back at McDiarmid and give some others a run for their money at the mo.

He will be on a  good salary and probably not one that we could compete with. Notice Acrington Stanley have spent circa £1m on new players this season and £1,3m last season :roll:

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

He will be on a  good salary and probably not one that we could compete with. Notice Acrington Stanley have spent circa £1m on new players this season and £1,3m last season :roll:

Cheers, don't really follow the soap opera of English football, was always under the impression Accrington Stanley came out of Roy of the rovers or were a subbuteo league team. :). Fair old gap in the money north n south right enough although I see Thier a league one team nowadays.

From Davidson's comments, I think we'll be looking to sign players on loan from England: 'they've all got big squads...players will be looking for games...look at Danny, he's a prime example'.

I don't doubt that there are some good players available there. I'm just not sure about filling the squad with loan signings and 35 year-olds. This changes the dynamic of the squad, and the mentality of the players.

2 hours ago, Linky said:

From Davidson's comments, I think we'll be looking to sign players on loan from England: 'they've all got big squads...players will be looking for games...look at Danny, he's a prime example'.

I don't doubt that there are some good players available there. I'm just not sure about filling the squad with loan signings and 35 year-olds. This changes the dynamic of the squad, and the mentality of the players.

The way I read it was that clubs may be trying to get rid of players to reduce squad sizes, so might not just be loan deals.

15 hours ago, Linky said:

im just not sure about filling the squad with loan signings and 35 year-olds. This changes the dynamic of the squad, and the mentality of the players.

loan wise did Tommy not have more loan signings last season than we have at present? 

Cant remember all their names but Ralston, Butcher, young goalie, striker

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

loan wise did Tommy not have more loan signings last season than we have at present? 

Cant remember all their names but Ralston, Butcher, young goalie, striker

Max Johnstone, the young keeper, wasn't a loan.

Loan players were Ralston, Holt, Butcher and Izzy Jones.Also had Vihmann for a short spell.

Season before had 5 loanees over the course of the season too.

Yes, but we had a bigger squad. Also, I’d suggest there are different types of loans. Ralston, Holt, Butcher & Vihmann were potentially trying to win a full-time contract. I’d suggest the 2 we’ve picked so far are here to pick up experience before playing for their parent club more.

13 minutes ago, Linky said:

Yes, but we had a bigger squad. Also, I’d suggest there are different types of loans. Ralston, Holt, Butcher & Vihmann were potentially trying to win a full-time contract. I’d suggest the 2 we’ve picked so far are here to pick up experience before playing for their parent club more.

You think?

Both have contracts that expire next Summer. 

Ralston and Butcher both had longer deals at their respective clubs when they joined on loan.

I don't think either Ralston or Butcher had any chance getting near their first team. If Ralston had been better, I expect Celtic would've let us have him for free. Not sure how much Accrington paid for Butcher, but it shows that he was on the way out. Both seemed to have been loans with a view to something permanent.

McNamara is an U-21 international, he seems very well regarded. I expect the thinking is to give him more experience before he steps up to the first team.

Oloafe has said things like "the aim is to improve while I'm up here and to go back to Millwall a better player".

48 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Jamie Murphy signs for Hibs. Good luck keeping Martin Boyle, Drey Wright, Jamie Murphy, Horgan, Mallan, Allan, Hallberg, Doige, Nisbet happy.

I would f****** love it if they had a car crash of a season and got pumped out the cup and finished bottom six!!! Love it!!!

Was just thinking that! Drey back within 12 months....

5 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Jamie Murphy signs for Hibs. Good luck keeping Martin Boyle, Drey Wright, Jamie Murphy, Horgan, Mallan, Allan, Hallberg, Doige, Nisbet happy.

I would f****** love it if they had a car crash of a season and got pumped out the cup and finished bottom six!!! Love it!!!

Horgan leaving apparently. Surely they can't be getting money for him.