Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

The rumours elsewhere are that it's Will Keane recently released from Ipswich. This might have some truth to it considering Stuart Taylor is their assistant manager.

Apparently he often played as a lone striker last season, he was injured quite a lot. They had a bad season, but he was fairly decent. He is best with the ball played to his feet rather than in the air. The thing that I saw said that fans were hoping that he'd sign up for another year as he 'covers less ground' than their other strikers but 'provides a little bit of class'. The suggestion was that his lack of goals was a problem, and that his wage demands might be prohibitive. If so, not sure how we could be affording him.

Interesting that we let Duffy go. Partly it must be financial to get the new striker in, but then could leave us short if there is an injury to any of the back three. I suppose the manager feels its worth the gamble and at a push Rooney or Booth could play there (not that you would want them to). Maybe there is a youth defender or two who could step up if really called for.

If the Israeli 'guy' comes in, take we won't see him for a couple of weeks due to self isolating etc... unless he's been in Steve Brown's shed for the past couple of weeks already.

49 minutes ago, The Kinross Saint said:

Wallace Duffy released, not surprising and hopefully he has more luck at his next club. Thrown in at the deep end with us and he never looked ready.

Only lasted a couple days with Morton & was linked with a couple of loans there never happened. Maybe more than just getting a wage of the books & wouldn't think he would go without a pay off.

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

Looks half decent hopefully a hit,

Yeah looks decent, we'll take him. Looks more than just good editing. Hopefully strikes like that will be hitting the top corners of Scottish goals before too long and not flying wildly into the stands. Hard to get too excited until you see them play in our beautiful Scottish conditions.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Only lasted a couple days with Morton & was linked with a couple of loans there never happened. Maybe more than just getting a wage of the books & wouldn't think he would go without a pay off.

Signing for ICT tomorrow so doubt there was a pay-off involved. Possibly he didnt want to go on loan and wanted a permanent move.

Interesting signing. Just wondering how he came up on our radar.

I'm guessing we don't need a work permit because he's half Lithuanian. He's scored almost a goal every 3 games for his Israeli club. I think the standard of the top division there is decent (it's just below Norway & Sweden in Uefa rankings)

15 minutes ago, Linky said:

Interesting signing. Just wondering how he came up on our radar.

I'm guessing we don't need a work permit because he's half Lithuanian. He's scored almost a goal every 3 games for his Israeli club. I think the standard of the top division there is decent (it's just below Norway & Sweden in Uefa rankings)

Will he not need to quarantine for 14 days & if so where is he going to sign.

Can they do it virtually?

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Will he not need to quarantine for 14 days & if so where is he going to sign.

Can they do it virtually?

The report was that he was at the stadium today, although I'm not completely sure. Is it possible he's been in the UK quarantining already, and the last day of this was yesterday?