Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

3 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

I'm delighted with our manager , he's been more than patient with the front line and this will be a boot up the arse as they say in the USA AWESOME.... Now let's get our act together and put the 1st Quarter to bed as were still well in touch

It’s the manager messing about with the formation that’s got us in this mess!!! 

11 hours ago, Linky said:

It's certainly and exciting signing.

I'm intrigued by Davidson's comments that he 'liked the look of him in the videos'. Sounds like he hasn't seen any more of him than any of us have. How did this even come about? I'm doubting we have contacts in Israel. Was he sending videos of himself to clubs in Scotland in the hope of getting a deal?

Presumably the club asked this agency to identify some strikers, Davidson had a look and picked out Melamed. 

5 minutes ago, Widge said:

Vihmann last season. 

Yes, I mentioned him, but that was on loan, and technically the manager had seen him play. On paper this looks to be a good signing, but it’s a brave manager who pins his hopes on a player he’s seen on a few videos. 

11 hours ago, saintgscot said:

I may be very wrong here but has he not had same formation for all games apart from Livi and after losing two goals he went back to old formation and we played a lot better.

I meant from last season to now.

Said he wasn’t going to change things too much as we were playing well. If it’s not broke don’t fix it ect... Yet he proceeds to fairly dramatically change our shape, in the final third anyway.

I hope this new boy is the answer but I’m not getting too excited until Davidson swallows his pride and stops trying to turn us into bloody Millwall.

11 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

I meant from last season to now.

Said he wasn’t going to change things too much as we were playing well. If it’s not broke don’t fix it ect... Yet he proceeds to fairly dramatically change our shape, in the final third anyway.

I hope this new boy is the answer but I’m not getting too excited until Davidson swallows his pride and stops trying to turn us into bloody Millwall.

Except for the fact he’s played the exact same formation as last season for 3/4 games and is using the very same players in the same positions. Looking at it this season, Tommy Wright maybe got lucky that Callum Hendry hit a run of form to win us as many points as he did. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

Except for the fact he’s played the exact same formation as last season for 3/4 games and is using the very same players in the same positions. Looking at it this season, Tommy Wright maybe got lucky that Callum Hendry hit a run of form to win us as many points as he did. 

He was back with his trusted 5-2-3 against Celtic. With a 35 year old winger crossing for Spoony to try and head in while May is running about the half way line. 

Hendry must have been buzzin at the start of the season but has been reduced to a dejected looking sub coming on for injury time. All the managers doing.

16 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Delighted with the news that we signed him but stating

"New St Johnstone striker Guy Melamed will only be available for selection once he has completed 14-days of isolation."

That is 2 weeks before he can train with team could be 4 weeks before he starts.

Silly question time; tonight Scotland v Israel. Why do the players not have to isolate for 14 days yet they are allowed to play against SPFL players. Therefore why does an Israeli player coming to play in our league have to self isolate. There seems to be something wrong somewhere, when players can go off to all the corners of Europe, North and South America, Africa and Asia yet they do not have to self isolate for 14 days when they return.

17 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Silly question time; tonight Scotland v Israel. Why do the players not have to isolate for 14 days yet they are allowed to play against SPFL players. Therefore why does an Israeli player coming to play in our league have to self isolate. There seems to be something wrong somewhere, when players can go off to all the corners of Europe, North and South America, Africa and Asia yet they do not have to self isolate for 14 days when they return.

I think it is fine so long as they don't use the showers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54425686

54 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I think I saw that the Israel squad went into a bubble for the last 14 days. 

2 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

He was back with his trusted 5-2-3 against Celtic. With a 35 year old winger crossing for Spoony to try and head in while May is running about the half way line. 

Hendry must have been buzzin at the start of the season but has been reduced to a dejected looking sub coming on for injury time. All the managers doing.

You are trolling well today Brian.

Hendry has been given more than an adequate chance but has not managed to hit the net and has been relatively disapponting. If keeping him on the bench for 90 minutes has ignited the fire in his belly then good on the manager. 

As for your summary of the game on Sunday, I thought May was excellent and di exactly what you have to do as a striker against Celtic. 

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

There is no rhyme or reason to most of it. You can't meet your mum in her house but you can in the pub.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

You are trolling well today Brian.

Hendry has been given more than an adequate chance but has not managed to hit the net and has been relatively disapponting. If keeping him on the bench for 90 minutes has ignited the fire in his belly then good on the manager. 

As for your summary of the game on Sunday, I thought May was excellent and di exactly what you have to do as a striker against Celtic. 

Not trolling mate.

Just a concerned onlooker. 

If we haven’t improved in the next ten games do you think he’ll be replaced by Clelland? 

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

It's because the Israel team are effectively staying in a bubble for their whole visit. They'll not be mixing out with their bubble while here except from on the pitch. On the pitch, they are obviously outside and not in a confined space for 15 mins with any scottish player. Also, they will have been tested constantly before and after they get here.

Guy wont have the same bubble and while he'll get the tests etc, if he was just let loose, he could go into any shop he wants etc. Given they way the fixtures fall, he might not actually miss a game, just wont be able to train, but I'm sure the club will give him a training schedule to do on his own or depending in where he is staying, a coach could coach him at a social distance.

As an aside, he'll have to have some mental strength to come to a country he doesnt know, to a team where he knows no one and have to iolate for the first 2 weeks. Hope the other players have given him a list of take aways and the club are doing food drops. Doubt there is a massive Israeli community in perth either. I know his mate plays at Celtic, so maybe he'll be staying in glasgow. 

Edited by TheYellowBox