Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

9 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

It's because the Israel team are effectively staying in a bubble for their whole visit. They'll not be mixing out with their bubble while here except from on the pitch. On the pitch, they are obviously outside and not in a confined space for 15 mins with any scottish player. Also, they will have been tested constantly before and after they get here.

Guy wont have the same bubble and while he'll get the tests etc, if he was just let loose, he could go into any shop he wants etc. Given they way the fixtures fall, he might not actually miss a game, just wont be able to train, but I'm sure the club will give him a training schedule to do on his own or depending in where he is staying, a coach could coach him at a social distance.

As an aside, he'll have to have some mental strength to come to a country he doesnt know, to a team where he knows no one and have to iolate for the first 2 weeks. Hope the other players have given him a list of take aways and the club are doing food drops. Doubt there is a massive Israeli community in perth either. I know his mate plays at Celtic, so maybe he'll be staying in glasgow. 

Yes I think he will stay near the Celtic players. Do we have many now from West of Scotland? I remember Midge stating there were 5 in his car pool

Would like to think we had some sort of option for a 2nd year if he comes in and starts scoring like we all hope would hate to see him end up moving on for nothing at the end of the season obviously if he’s a dud then we don’t have to take up the second year but would be nice to have some sort of deal in place 

Here's what I got on from my contracts in Haifa and Tel Aviv:

"Very talented striker with good ball control and could flourish given the right environment."

"Not a bad striker. Can play in the flanks as well".

But most responses from casual fans were ""who?" and "I think I heard the name".

On 10/5/2020 at 4:32 PM, Saintdunc said:

I wonder if regular first team football for Danny, and the fact that he has been doing very well, might just be enough to convince him that he has a future in Perth, rather than hoping he might make a breakthrough at Millwall. He has been one of our brighter stars this season and surely Callum, and whoever controls the purse strings can do something, but did I not read somewhere that he had recently signed a new contract? Maybe prohibitive then.

Danny is destined for bigger things than Saints.

I would imagine he will be going back to Millwall if they have been keeping an eye on him.

Mother a bad game yet.

Hope Guy turns out to be a success though a wee bit worried about how much you can tell from watching a few videos.  Can't help thinking that if Tommy was involved he could have spoken to his wee pal Neil who could have provided an opinion via Celtic's Israeli players.

Edited by south inch

4 hours ago, south inch said:

Hope Guy turns out to be a success though a wee bit worried about how much you can tell from watching a few videos.  Can't help thinking that if Tommy was involved he could have spoken to his wee pal Neil who could have provided an opinion via Celtic's Israeli players.

I remember seeing youtube videos of McMillan and  Scougall and we know how that turned out. Did feel sorry for McMillans saints debut or second game when he got wiped from a keeper that sidelined him for a good while. Hopefully Callums called this signing correctly, we need goals.

10 minutes ago, Salguodinmethven. said:

I remember seeing youtube videos of McMillan and  Scougall and we know how that turned out. Did feel sorry for McMillans saints debut or second game when he got wiped from a keeper that sidelined him for a good while. Hopefully Callums called this signing correctly, we need goals.

It debut I think, and I remember thinking he looked really good before that happened. I wonder how much of what went wrong was down to that injury, never really settling in, and never properly coming back from it.

Seems a bit risky pinning our hopes on a striker we know very little about.  

Saying that he  obviously demanded a wage that was within our wage structure.  Considering the lack of inspiring options in the UK(for the money we can afford or are willing to pay out)I don’t think it’s such a bad strategy to take a punt at a foreign striker.  
Who knows he may be  the next saintee’s cult legend!

On 10/7/2020 at 9:05 AM, south inch said:

What about our Manager Davidson's wee pal Neil, who played in the same English team?

16 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

What about our Manager Davidson's wee pal Neil, who played in the same English team?

Jings, no need for an encyclopedia when you are around.  Us lesser mortals have to look these things up and there does not seem to have been much of an overlap at Leicester.  I was going more on the laughing and hugging that went on between Tommy and wee Neil every time Celtic came to McD.  Also wee Neil never seemed to gloat when we were gubbed by his mob.  I also read that the two of them were regular golf partners.

17 minutes ago, south inch said:

Jings, no need for an encyclopedia when you are around.  Us lesser mortals have to look these things up and there does not seem to have been much of an overlap at Leicester.  I was going more on the laughing and hugging that went on between Tommy and wee Neil every time Celtic came to McD.  Also wee Neil never seemed to gloat when we were gubbed by his mob.  I also read that the two of them were regular golf partners.

Jeez stop giving him a big head big enough as it is.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

New signing Guy Melamed could join the St Johnstone squad ahead of this weekend's Scottish Premiership meeting with Hamilton Academical after having been in quarantine, but the 27-year-old former Maccabi Netanya forward will not be ready to play. (The Courier)

Hopefully be ready to prove himself and rarin to go the following week against utd. Imagine he'll come on as sub in that game though.

• 2 weeks later...