Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Average basic salary equates to around £1200-£1400 per week. Basic salaries aren’t a very good measure for Saints anyway. There are a VAST variety of bonuses, expenses and incentives  on offer which vary wildly from player to player.

I am of course, making this up :roll:

I see you also play Football Manager...

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I see you also play Football Manager...

Haha! Not since my student days. I’ve lost many a day/night to that game.

Here, I once took Notts County to the Champions League so anyone who says I’m not qualified to tell Callum how to pick his team doesn’t know the extent of my abilities :laugh:

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

May and Kerr are top 4 or 5 earners at the club. May is the highest basic salary... McCart is one of the lower first team earners. I am not sure of McCann’s.

That is very interesting but unless you work in the club then how do you know that unless you are basing this on what is on FIFA or football manager.

31 minutes ago, mainstand said:

That is very interesting but unless you work in the club then how do you know that unless you are basing this on what is on FIFA or football manager.

Assume this site has no substance? Has Bryson almost exactly on what RBB quoted.

https://footballleaguefc.com/st-johnstone-fc-player-wages/

Zander quite rightly the highest paid and shows he can afford his spectacular Media Wall with Venetian finish.

6 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

The list looks Bollocks to me 

Chris Kane 750  Shite!! Jamie McCart 750 that's a good ane!!

Not that I know and I'm not pretending too.unlike some.That fantasy list though !!

Yes, it sort of looks like they've been playing CM too much. McCart surely would be on much more. Are these figures net, or gross? Not sure if Saints pay much for travel- hence carpooling. Appearances, yes. Kerr, as Captain, yes. League position yes. Win bonus, yes. Probably a fair boost for a top 6 place. Cup progress, yes. Remember Broonie lamenting Kane's goal v ScumDee that secured Europe? He was delighted, but grisly at the same time, as they'd over compensated for 3rd. Think we actually made a loss If I remember because of that goal. If £750 is pre-tax, that isn't much. And does it include a signing on fee?

48 minutes ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Assume this site has no substance? Has Bryson almost exactly on what RBB quoted.

https://footballleaguefc.com/st-johnstone-fc-player-wages/

Zander quite rightly the highest paid and shows he can afford his spectacular Media Wall with Venetian finish.

39 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

The list looks Bollocks to me 

Chris Kane 750  Shite!! Jamie McCart 750 that's a good ane!!

Not that I know and I'm not pretending too.unlike some.That fantasy list though !!

I’d say that’s not too far off their basic salary tbf - within 10%. Maybe Jamie McCart had as good appearance fee as when he was signed it wasn’t assumed he would play as many games as Kerr and Gordon who are both on bigger basic salaries?

Maybe Chris Kane will have decent appearance fees or goal bonus, again when he signed his 6 month contract in the summer he was probably 3rd in the pecking order.

Maybe not though, maybe you guys are right...

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Find it hard to believe that McCann would sign a 3 year contract for £700 a week when Saints were desperate to tie him up to make sure they got a transfer fee.

Also are Saints not supposed to have quite a generous bonus system ?.

Pretty handy at providing players with free digs aswell. Basic salaries don’t tell us much when it comes to Saints.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Find it hard to believe that McCann would sign a 3 year contract for £700 a week when Saints were desperate to tie him up to make sure they got a transfer fee.

Also are Saints not supposed to have quite a generous bonus system ?.

No way McCann would be on £700. It is entirely possible that he'd get a %of any future transfer fee though.

I'm not sure many clubs have a clear transfer strategy/ targets for the summer... Pre-contracts were quiet on the whole. This would change of course if someone came in for McCann, then we'd be pretty reactive. I'm sure we'd have a wish list of replacements, but until something happens, quiet. The one I find interesting is Melamed Vs Kane. I'd imagine one will go, at present that'd probably be Melamed. He's gone on record saying he's found it quite difficult to adjust to the game, and homesick. And Covid. So he may choose to go home. We all know what Kane can do week in. We don't know a great deal about Melamed still. He apparently trains well, but some players can't adjust. If it's clear we can't make the 6 & pretty certain to stay up, I'd play Melamed and some others to show they deserve a contract. Otherwise, probably just loans.

We have sales lads and lassies on low salaries, but perks like car allowance cash, free petrol, pension plan match etc, then if they deliver they make all sorts of comp on various commissions.

Don't see why creative/canny clubs like saints would not be able to work out similar deals based on appearances, wins, other upside from transfers fees but keep core salary low. SPFL has always been a league for window shoppers, so a way players can get exposure to the big buckeroony spenders.

I imagine Davidson will get everyone apart from Parish, Bryson and O'Halloran signed up for next season. I'm not sure if Melamed will want to stay or not. Another question is if Hendry will leave for Aberdeen permanently. I think Davidson really rates Conway, so he'll give him another year.

If everyone gets signed up I'd suggest Davidson will only be looking for replacements for MOH (Wright back on loan from Hibs?) & Parish. I'd hope we'd bring in a young goalkeeper who we think we can develop over the next few years. Will we bring in Middleton permanently too?

I wonder if there's also room for manoeuvre on some contracts. For example, May was signed to be a first team striker on a large wage. He's no longer that, but mainly a substitute, would his new contract reflect that and thus save some money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I’d say that’s not too far off their basic salary tbf - within 10%. Maybe Jamie McCart had as good appearance fee as when he was signed it wasn’t assumed he would play as many games as Kerr and Gordon who are both on bigger basic salaries?

Maybe Chris Kane will have decent appearance fees or goal bonus, again when he signed his 6 month contract in the summer he was probably 3rd in the pecking order.

Maybe not though, maybe you guys are right...

Na its bollocks!