Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

6 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

No need to rush, none of those going out of contract have been offered a pre contract. Most teams will be in the same boat with the uncertainty in the game, I sure by now CD will have identified those he wants to resign.

There will always be teams who will be willing to be ballsy and cash in on the uncertainty.

We should be playing on the fact that we are providing/offering stability, in a cup final etc and getting guys like Melamed and Booth signed on one year deals ASAP.

You’d imagine Kane, May, Craig and Davidson would all sign 6 month or one year extensions if offered

Gilmour and Middleton are the unknowns but you feel that they have potential if they stick around for another season.

O’Halloran, Bryson, Conway, Parish... que sera sera.

That only leaves Tanser. God knows what is going on with him. Interesting case! I’d keep him, but would not be willing to make him anything like a top earner in order to do so.

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

There will always be teams who will be willing to be ballsy and cash in on the uncertainty.

We should be playing on the fact that we are providing/offering stability, in a cup final etc and getting guys like Melamed and Booth signed on one year deals ASAP.

You’d imagine Kane, May, Craig and Davidson would all sign 6 month or one year extensions if offered

Gilmour and Middleton are the unknowns but you feel that they have potential if they stick around for another season.

O’Halloran, Bryson, Conway, Parish... que sera sera.

That only leaves Tanser. God knows what is going on with him. Interesting case! I’d keep him, but would not be willing to make him anything like a top earner in order to do so.

Agree will all that except May. Don't think he warrants another contract. Use his wage to persuade Melemed to sign.

Middleton will go back to Rangers.

Have to get these signings done ASAP . I know pre contracts do not apply at the moment but agents will be seeking movement for their player.

Still only think players on the edge of the first team, or who think they might not be getting a new contract would be interested. I'm not sure Killie would offer much more in terms of wages.

Players like Craig & Davidson have emotional ties to the club, and might be hoping for coaching roles in the future. Tanser will have his sights set on higher things. Kane & Booth are getting a good run in the team, so probably won't want to leave. He won't want anyone signed by Davidson. Would he really be interested in Parish?

MOH and May would be tempted I imagine, if they were offered first-team football.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Tommy Wright will probably get a shock when he realises the players are attached to the club, not him alone, if he tries to poach anyone.

Davidson and Craig were here a long time before he was.

His only chance is with duds like MOH.

Not convinced that's true. As fans we like to think of players having this "attachment" to the club, but we've seen time and time again that pretty much any player will move on if the opportunity being presented to them is the right one. 

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Not convinced that's true. As fans we like to think of players having this "attachment" to the club, but we've seen time and time again that pretty much any player will move on if the opportunity being presented to them is the right one. 

Surely not at such a late stage in their career though, to.....Kilmarnock.

If Hibs or Aberdeen made an offer to Kerr, Gordon, etc. then I can see it happening, but Kilmarnock offering Craig to be back-up to Dicker I don't see. The only question is whether Davidson doesn't rate some of them. May is one of those I'm not sure about.

4 hours ago, Linky said:

Surely not at such a late stage in their career though, to.....Kilmarnock.

If Hibs or Aberdeen made an offer to Kerr, Gordon, etc. then I can see it happening, but Kilmarnock offering Craig to be back-up to Dicker I don't see. The only question is whether Davidson doesn't rate some of them. May is one of those I'm not sure about.

Has Craig even been offered anything by Saints yet? I haven't seen anything reported. If Killie come in with a player-coach offer, and there's nothing firm or long-term on the table from Saints, surely that would be a pretty good option for him?

20 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Has Craig even been offered anything by Saints yet? I haven't seen anything reported. If Killie come in with a player-coach offer, and there's nothing firm or long-term on the table from Saints, surely that would be a pretty good option for him?

We don't know who has been offered new contracts & rightly so. I would hope we are trying to tie down most . Saints & the players might be waiting til we are mathimatically safe before commiting.

18 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Yes, the only situation I see it happening is if no deal from Saints is on the horizon, or if Tommy offers him player/assistant manager role.

8 minutes ago, Linky said:

How does the Cup win effect our transfer budget for next season? (I'm guessing not at all)

I don't think it will change but hopefully bring forward a few re_signings. Hopefully get the back 5 & Kane signed on 3 year contracts.

Still feel Saints & or players are waiting to make sure they are in premiership.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:36 PM, blueheaven said:

Suspect Rooney will have put himself on a few managers' radars after yesterday. (Hopefully one of them is Steve Clarke.)

Absolutely Rooney will be... But doubt Clarke. Scotland don't do "provincial" teams. If he moved to Hibs, Aberdeen he'd be in with a shout. Always been a massive fan of Rooney (and McCart). Not just for the fact that he is one of the best attacking RB's we've had in years, but his attitude to wait his time, and not look out of place when his time came. Now, opposition managers are changing players/ marking because he's such a threat. Not many RB's get that sort of attention, usually only for attacking midfield/ forwards. Interestingly, The Guardian has been banging on about Kerr for a call-up, given Scotland need a right sided CD. I just hope & pray we can keep this defence for the whole of next season- they'll all just get better....

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson is keen to re-sign strikers Guy Melamed and Chris Kane as a result of their recent form. (The Courier)

Manager Callum Davidson says Shaun Rooney's Scottish League Cup final winner will not earn the wing-back any special treatment when it comes to St Johnstone issuing new contracts this summer. (FourFourTwo)

Does this mean we have opened talks with Melamed and Kane. I hope so

Looks like Rooney will have to wait until the last 6 moths of his contract before he will be offered another, Nothing new there

8 hours ago, Johnny B said:

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson is keen to re-sign strikers Guy Melamed and Chris Kane as a result of their recent form. (The Courier)

Manager Callum Davidson says Shaun Rooney's Scottish League Cup final winner will not earn the wing-back any special treatment when it comes to St Johnstone issuing new contracts this summer. (FourFourTwo)

Does this mean we have opened talks with Melamed and Kane. I hope so

Looks like Rooney will have to wait until the last 6 moths of his contract before he will be offered another, Nothing new there

Think he says in the Record that the talks with Kane has ben going for some time.