Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Melbourne Saint

4 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Stating the obvious, but mind it’s not the lost income that’s important, it’s the lost profit on that income, which will be rather a lot smaller. And that would only have been used to offset losses on the football side. You can achieve the same thing by not making losses on the football side. I know that’s over-simplistic, but Saints run a very lean football side, have small crowds anyway, and cash in the bank. I think we are probably one of the best-placed medium to large clubs to come out of this relatively ok. 

The crunch time as Widge says is the end of furlough. Do Saints start to pay people, in the hope that enough non-football income generation can resume, or do they let all those poor folk go, and hunker down as just a slimmed-down football team?

i think in the coming months we might be even more grateful to have a hard-nosed businessman with crap communication skills running things, rather than a fan with the gift of the gab. 

Others will disagree.

Some good points there. The only thing I’m not with you on is who is running the club. It’s isn’t SB any more.

Is anyone else noticing the outsourcing of kit and programs, for example. Passing the risk to others? However, I’m not paying £47 for a top and £6 postage to a company that isn’t Saints or Campus this season. I’ve always bought both tops.

As you say, costs down is as important as marginal revenue bringing profits. Interesting times.

1 minute ago, andrew said:

Some good points there. The only thing I’m not with you on is who is running the club. It’s isn’t SB any more.

Is anyone else noticing the outsourcing of kit and programs, for example. Passing the risk to others? However, I’m not paying £47 for a top and £6 postage to a company that isn’t Saints or Campus this season. I’ve always bought both tops.

As you say, costs down is as important as marginal revenue bringing profits. Interesting times.

Thanks. He’s just employed a manager, surely, he hasnt handed over control. He can step in whenever he wants, and would always set the general direction in any case.

14 hours ago, mainstand said:

I don't actually think the loss of crowds for Saints games is as big a loss to us as they are to other clubs. We have still received the full season ticket money, we have reduced the salary bill by furloughing nearly all staff for 6 months, we have significantly increased TV payments. The biggest loss to Saints will be from the closure of the stadium and the income from conferences/restaurants etc.  

Not wanting to sound really bad here but from funerals as well. A time it can be increased yet can’t be.

7 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Thanks. He’s just employed a manager, surely, he hasnt handed over control. He can step in whenever he wants, and would always set the general direction in any case.

Yes, general direction, of course, but within those parameters he’s stepped back. KR is way more than a manager, I’d say.

14 hours ago, andrew said:

The deal with Pitch teamwear was in place from when Macron were the suppliers. Exactly the same as we had with Joma and TTL., Saints never sold the kit it was TTL. 

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

A COO is really just a manager in charge of day to day running of the Club answerable to the board.

What’s with all the lessons? I never had to pay £6 for postage as I could go to campus or the club shop. The COO post was somewhat unnecessary too. You having a bad day or something?

11 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Folks, you do know COO is a common, routine abbreviation for Chief Operations Officer? The job Kirsten has? 

Exactly

18 hours ago, andrew said:

What’s with all the lessons? I never had to pay £6 for postage as I could go to campus or the club shop. The COO post was somewhat unnecessary too. You having a bad day or something?

No it was simply a post in response to the discussion above, She is there as Chief Operating Officer which is a manager.

11 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Guys give her a break I’ve had dealings with Kirsten and she has been nothing but helpful.

Yes and so have I and she was brilliant. Dealt with an issue well outside of normal working hours and was more than happy to help. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Looks like he’s barely kicked a ball since 16/17. Wonder what happened? 

Was always impressive for Scotland. 

He made 7 league appearances 2017/18 season.

He has had some pretty persistent injury problems and has broken down a few times during various recoveries.

If he was receiving anything close to the £27,000 per week that was quoted at the time, he is a very wealthy man and will likely retire following his release from Derby.

The one encouraging sign could be that he also famously doesn’t use an agent, could be as simple as a call from Callum.

£27000 a week to £1500 a week might just be too big a drop for someone who you feel never really cared too much about the game itself.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I assume you are not a fan then Cagey? 

I am not saying that. What concerns me is the statement that if you believe in a system you should stick with it.Its obvious that the system is not working for Scotland as they don't have the players that can play the system.

The jury is still out on Saints. It seems to be working defensively because we have the 3 best young Scottish centre backs in the league but we are not scoring enough goals to get the points.

Its quite clear Duffy isn't ready for the top flight, a full season of lower league football is better than sitting on the bench.

We probably only need one to replace him. 4 CBs, plus the emergency of Booth/Rooney as options (both have played there for us in a 3), and if its really bad you just go to a back 4.