Melbourne Saint

Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Genuinely one of the daftest suggestions I've ever seen.

Sell all our wingers because we, occasionally, go to five at the back and it works.

Pretty wild tbh. Problem with going 3 at the back as our preferred formation is we'll need another CB. Duffy is currently an emergency fill in. Think we're 442, on occasion 352. Also think O'Halloran is decent enough for us. Too risky looking for 2 wide players in the summer. As for Wright, I HOPE that TW has identified a possible collection of replacements if/when he goes and we are monitoring them. I'm sure he has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 9:26 AM, Johnny B said:

Tommy now playing 3 centre backs and wing backs and it is paying off. If he continues with this formation into next season, we will need wing backs and another centre back. Therefore do we need wingers? Swanson and O'Halloran can they be moved on, get them off the wage bill and free up much need cash.

We're not playing a back three every week though, and I really don't think getting rid of O'Halloran would be a good move - I still see him as a big player for us, especially if Drey is going to move on.

Personally I think it's the central midfield that we're going to have to invest in over the summer: Craig and Davidson aren't getting any younger, Butcher and Holt aren't ours, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a bid coming in for McCann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

We're not playing a back three every week though, and I really don't think getting rid of O'Halloran would be a good move - I still see him as a big player for us, especially if Drey is going to move on.

Personally I think it's the central midfield that we're going to have to invest in over the summer: Craig and Davidson aren't getting any younger, Butcher and Holt aren't ours, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a bid coming in for McCann.

O'Halloran is staying, not least because he still has a year on his contract and I really doubt anyone would want to buy him.

I would hope that we'd renew Craig & Davidson's contracts soon, and offer a contract to Holt too. Might it be possible to get Butcher back on loan again next year - he seems to be enjoying it. I agree regarding McCann, though - this would be a huge loss. I just hope the club will hold out for a very large fee with lots of add ons.

If we have to look elsewhere, Ali Crawford is free at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Linky said:

O'Halloran is staying, not least because he still has a year on his contract and I really doubt anyone would want to buy him.

I would hope that we'd renew Craig & Davidson's contracts soon, and offer a contract to Holt too. Might it be possible to get Butcher back on loan again next year - he seems to be enjoying it. I agree regarding McCann, though - this would be a huge loss. I just hope the club will hold out for a very large fee with lots of add ons.

If we have to look elsewhere, Ali Crawford is free at the end of the season.

As long as it's not fae the ugly sisters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

N/A: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

 

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

 

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

 

Strikers

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

 

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Drey Wright, Chris Kane.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson, David McMillan.

 

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

N/A: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

 

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

 

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

 

Strikers

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

 

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Drey Wright, Chris Kane.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson, David McMillan.

 

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Hopefully keep the players offered new contracts, decent squad I'd like to keep butcher and Ralston id be happy with that squad of players,

I'd loan out Duffy give him game time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

N/A: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

 

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

 

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

 

Strikers

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

 

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Drey Wright, Chris Kane.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson, David McMillan.

 

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Callum Booth also in the contracts being negotiated group along with Davidson   Craig, Wright and Kane. 

Mixed feelings about Kane but maybe worth keeping if the price is right. If we can keep the other 4 that puts us in a great position already for the new season whenever that is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Callum Booth also in the contracts being negotiated group along with Davidson   Craig, Wright and Kane. 

Mixed feelings about Kane but maybe worth keeping if the price is right. If we can keep the other 4 that puts us in a great position already for the new season whenever that is. 

Yes, I'd keep Booth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Callum Booth also in the contracts being negotiated group along with Davidson   Craig, Wright and Kane. 

Mixed feelings about Kane but maybe worth keeping if the price is right. If we can keep the other 4 that puts us in a great position already for the new season whenever that is. 

Hope we can get all those guys signed up. These guys & the guys already signed along with the younge guys Tommy mention in a newspaper article a couple of weeks ago gives us a really good squad.

Don't think we will sign any of the loanees.

All above ,along with a good manager should see a decent season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tucker said:

Hopefully keep the players offered new contracts, decent squad I'd like to keep butcher and Ralston id be happy with that squad of players,

I'd loan out Duffy give him game time

I think Ralston still has a year on his contract. It might be that we extend the loan, but now we have Rooney there seems little point. I imagine he'll got on loan to a Championship club. I would imagine Holt would want to stay with us, but it depends on his wage costs (although I can't imagine teams are falling over themselves to sign him).

Really think we could spend Kane's wage more wisely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, tucker said:

Don't get all the bad thoughts on kane,the lad does so much work to help others ,he's a team striker not a individual goalscorer like may and Hendry,I'd keep him for that reason,

The way Tommy reacted to the goal or own goal he caused shows you how much he rated Kane.

All the guys on here slagging of him & Wright because they don't score loads of goals just shows how many don't see the whole picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

Surely offering the aforementioned players new deals suggests it's with the approval of the next manager?

Does this point to Cleland and or Callum being favourites? 

Courier said last week that Cleland was helping make the decisions on players.

In saying that I think it's been obvious for a while who would be getting offered deals. 

Youd guess Anderson, Swanson and McMillan would be on relatively high wages, and all three played zero part since January. Callachan also played no part being out on loan. Johnstone was a strange signing to start with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could well be that players are being offered short term deals for a few months to keep a wage coming in and give the new manager a chance to decide on them before the new season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...