Melbourne Saint

Saints Summer 2020 Transfers & Contracts

21 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Its not, at all. Its frankly moronic to be comparing Saints strikers, who maybe get 2 shots a match, to a Celtic striker who's getting 5 or 6, on "goals per minute".

If that were the case then every striker we've ever had is absolutely shit and not good enough.

Apologies,  didn't read the goals per minute thing properly.  Rightly or wrongly though the media will compare players who play in the same league.  I was actually agreeing with you about May's performances in the rest of my post. Stevie is doing a good job for the team,  but shouldn't be judged purely on goals these days. 

37 minutes ago, jhq said:

Apologies,  didn't read the goals per minute thing properly.  Rightly or wrongly though the media will compare players who play in the same league.  I was actually agreeing with you about May's performances in the rest of my post. Stevie is doing a good job for the team,  but shouldn't be judged purely on goals these days. 

In fairness to you, if Stevie May's numbers were better than the Celtic striker's, you can bet we'd all be comparing them.

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

With Tanser maybe going to OF in January ,hopefully Callum can get Booth signed up & is on the lookout for replacement  left wingback.

Just out of interest, where's all this "Tànser to OF in January" come from? Most posters on here seem to think he's a liability & not unhappy if he's not in the XI. Is it just bored journo reporting, or do they see something we don't. No comprendez.....

Middleton a winger (we play with wingbacks) do not see what he will bring. Last season on loan at Hibs and Bradford. He had 6 league appearances for Hibs. Only 3 appearances for Bradford, he could not get a regular place in an English Div2 team. No trace of him playing anywhere this season. Money could be better spent. Are getting him for nothing and using him on an emergency but how do we get him up to match speed. He does not improve the team. 

Edited by Johnny B

13 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Middleton a winger (we play with wingbacks) do not see what he will bring. Last season on loan at Hibs and Bradford. He had 6 league appearances for Hibs. Only 3 appearances for Bradford, he could not get a regular place in an English Div2 team. No trace of him playing anywhere this season. Money could be better spent. Are getting him for nothing and using him on an emergency but how do we get him up to match speed. He does not improve the team. 

I doubt we're paying much for him. I expect Rangers just want to get him some game time, perhaps with the hope that someone might be willing to take him off their hands permanently if he does ok.

22 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Can't comment on whether he's any good as I'd barely heard of him until now, but if he's a winger I'd have thought he'd be coming in to play the position Conway/Wotherspoon play when we use a front 3?