Ross County v St Johnstone 15/2/20

Cagerf

Clark has had a nightmare, again, for that goal. 

Ball into the box with seconds left to play, he can either catch it, or let the defender clear it. For some reason, under no pressure, he tries to punch it, misses it, and takes out the defender instead, ball makes it way to the other side of the box, cross comes back in, goal.

Something distinctly concerning regarding Zander's form.  From what I have seen years ago, Parish is really poor - so I don't think we can drop him ahead of  the Sevco game. 

We do need another keeper for next season. If we had a decent back up keeper, Zander would have been dropped before the Motherwell game.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Clark has had a nightmare, again, for that goal. 

Ball into the box with seconds left to play, he can either catch it, or let the defender clear it. For some reason, under no pressure, he tries to punch it, misses it, and takes out the defender instead, ball makes it way to the other side of the box, cross comes back in, goal.

His decision making isn't good just now.He's lost his confidence

8 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Something distinctly concerning regarding Zander's form.  From what I have seen years ago, Parish is really poor - so I don't think we can drop him ahead of  the Sevco game. 

We do need another keeper for next season. If we had a decent back up keeper, Zander would have been dropped before the Motherwell game.

It's a real concern alright. He's fragile as hell right now. I've never been convinced by him, even when he was touted for a Scotland cap. I know he's being coached to punch- which I disagree with, he lacks total commitment & is trapped in no-man's land. He just seems scared of a physical presence. But in the past 2 weeks, he's cost us dearly. Hearts, Motherwell (he got out of jail with Kane's winner), now this.those are points that would've put us in the 6. Don't know if he's got personal stuff going on, but he's a calamity right now. Maybe a different GK coach?

12 hours ago, SconeSaintees said:

So  define the negativity in the initial  comment I made

here are two take you pick

"Stay away from negative people they have a problem for every solution"      or

"Believe that behind every negative there is a positive that we can learn from"

Off to watch the game on Saints TV missed it last night. By the comments, I should enjoy the first half better than the second.

13 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

Nail on the head.  We didn't even play Parish in the Morton or Ayr games, the usual method employed to give the back up keeper some match time.

Edited by south inch
spelling

18 minutes ago, south inch said:

Nail on the head.  We didn't even play Parish in the Morton or Ayr games, the usual method employed to give the back up keeper some match time.

This just doesn’t make sense. You sign a backup keeper to cover for injuries or lack of form. What would have happened if Zander got injured just after the transfer window closed. Parish might have to have played a lot of games. I think Tommy is loyal to the players and has stuck by Zander. I think now is the time fo give him a rest for his own good and play Parish. 

17 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

Admittedly Zanders form isn’t great...

All this before he chucked one in against Motherwell and then yesterday's game...

Hes cost us 12 goals this season (before the Motherwell game), and is the difference between us being comfortable in the top half and where we are.

Wallace Duffy took a lot of flak early season, yet the root cause of the issues all along has probably been Clark.

Definitely 2 points lost. By far the better team and should have done better to see out the game.  Should have scored a 2nd but none of our efforts were sitters. The positive is that we created a lot of chances. How many times do we scream at players just to have a shot. Conditions were bad 2nd half. Ball was not moving well so precise passes were tricky so I dont blame anyone for just having a shot. Football is full of ups and downs so we just need to move on. Played well again, massive positive.

44 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Blame it all on the keeper, yet Drey Wright misses at least 3 simple chances to either score or pass to Callum who is in acres of space. These missed chances are costing us more by leaving us open to the succour punch.

Has Drey scored or have an assist in the league? May be being a bit dim but can't remember any

4 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Has Drey scored or have an assist in the league? May be being a bit dim but can't remember any

No idea but he's been playing well in my opinion. At the centre of a lot of things. Has a bit of creativity about him, can link up well with others. The goals will come. 

As for our goal yesterday, classic Stevie May goal, no great power behind it but perfect placement.

Edited by Rob

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Definitely 2 points lost. By far the better team and should have done better to see out the game.  Should have scored a 2nd but none of our efforts were sitters. The positive is that we created a lot of chances. How many times do we scream at players just to have a shot. Conditions were bad 2nd half. Ball was not moving well so precise passes were tricky so I dont blame anyone for just having a shot. Football is full of ups and downs so we just need to move on. Played well again, massive positive.

Not so sure. If MOH had played in Holt at the far post it was game over.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

No idea but he's been playing well in my opinion. At the centre of a lot of things. Has a bit of creativity about him, can link up well with others. The goals will come. 

As for our goal yesterday, classic Stevie May goal, no great power behind it but perfect placement.

Drey’s assist for Hendry’s goal at Ayr last week is his only assist of the season.  Zero goals.