Saints v Sevco Feb 2020

Havana Saint

13 hours ago, cristo said:

Or indeed if Wright had squared that ball across the box. His blocked effort resulted in the move up the park that led to Kamberi's goal.

Very much this.  A little bit of composure and a simple roll across the box and Cal had a tap in.   Suppose that is the reason we are still waiting on a Drey Wright goal or assist this season...…. :roll:

51 minutes ago, Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II said:

Very much this.  A little bit of composure and a simple roll across the box and Cal had a tap in.   Suppose that is the reason we are still waiting on a Drey Wright goal or assist this season...…. :roll:

That was disappointing and it’s not the first time he’s failed to see someone in a better position or not made a decent attempt. The last two games may have been victories if Drey had passed or shot at the right moment. May have. May not have.

Looking at the respective fixture, top 6 is a very big ask. I would say 12 points required from the last 6 games, including winning both must win games against Hibs and Livi. 

Always a big ask to get anything in Glasgow so wins against St. Mirren and Hamilton also imperative. 

Doable, but a very big ask 

10 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Carry on as we are top 6 is achievable.

I dont think there are enough games left. Been through the remaining fixtures and it's outside our hands.  Needing favours and big ones at that. 

In effect it's 6 points behind with 6 to play and we visit Celtic and visit Rangers.  I'll call it 4 games left to overcome 6 points.  Not sure we will win all our other games at St Mirren, home v Livi, at Hibs and at home v Accies.  And hope someone picks up very little in their 5 games.

Ross County late draw could be costly.

Edited by Dave H

On 2/25/2020 at 11:58 AM, Linky said:

I think we can make top 6. Hibs will come 3rd and Livi 4th I think. Motherwell are in free-fall, Aberdeen are struggling (but will probably still get 5th place). It might be between us and Motherwell for 6th, Killie with an outside chance.

Motherwell are indeed in freefall. eight games without a win. And what's it done to them? Nothing, they're still third in the league. Says more about all the teams below them than it does about them.

23 minutes ago, cristo said:

Motherwell are indeed in freefall. eight games without a win. And what's it done to them? Nothing, they're still third in the league. Says more about all the teams below them than it does about them.

True. I hadn't looked at the fixtures before posting above. I still think Hibs for 3rd & Livi for 4th.

For us, 7th place would be a great finish.

28 minutes ago, cristo said:

To be fair Livi and Hibs have made up a huge amount of ground on Motherwell and Aberdeen.

The BBC went from a headline of - "Aberdeen and Motherwell in a slow race to be best of the rest in Scottish Premiership" 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51490561

To - "Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston or Hibernian - who will claim third?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51563645

In the space of a couple of weeks.