Pitch

Cagey

Has the pitch ever been in a worse condition. This must be the wettest winter since we moved to McDiarmid but the west have had worse & the St Mirren pitch coped better during 90 mins torrential rain on Friday.

The goalmouths look like the aftermath of a Greta Thurberg rally.

They used to have the heatlamps in the goal area's. I am sure they also put the black covers in the goal mouths. Haven't noticed any of that recently but may have missed it.

27 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Has the pitch ever been in a worse condition. This must be the wettest winter since we moved to McDiarmid but the west have had worse & the St Mirren pitch coped better during 90 mins torrential rain on Friday.

The goalmouths look like the aftermath of a Greta Thurberg rally.

They used to have the heatlamps in the goal area's. I am sure they also put the black covers in the goal mouths. Haven't noticed any of that recently but may have missed it.

every pitch in the country is suffering at present. Tynecastle worse state than MCD. Rangers hardly a blade of grass left on it and both of these are  hybrid pitches.  

10 minutes ago, mainstand said:

every pitch in the country is suffering at present. Tynecastle worse state than MCD. Rangers hardly a blade of grass left on it and both of these are  hybrid pitches.  

It really raises questions on having a winter break. 

Playing Saturday / Wednesday is hard enough on the pitches at this time of year.

The volume of rain recently has made things even worse. 

I was on the pitch on Saturday (just by chance, pic) and it was not that bad to be fair. Not sure how much rain fell from Storm Jorge overnight into Sunday and while we were playing on it, but although heavy the ball was running mostly well apart from the known soggy bit in the East/Ormond part of pitch. 

Dens was waterlogged, our game was on this weekend.  Think the staff are doing a decent job in wet, storm after storm conditions.  

20200302_141925.jpg

• 2 months later...

I assume Saints are pretty confident the season is over. I passed on the ring road today & there is a lot of soil being dumped beside the training pitch & dumper truck on the pitch. Unable to see playing surface.

Maybe it IS Kirsten's plastic pitch.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I assume Saints are pretty confident the season is over. I passed on the ring road today & there is a lot of soil being dumped beside the training pitch & dumper truck on the pitch. Unable to see playing surface.

Maybe it IS Kirsten's plastic pitch.

There wont be games until at least late july/august so i suppose it makes sense to do the work they would normally do at the end of the season now. Think that is what rangers did  a few weeks ago