Pitch

Cagey

16 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Surprised those that were moaning about no word on the pitch have not mentioned the article on the saints website complete with pictures. 

Is it not just pictures.Doesnt say if they are relaying it or levelling it off for plastic pitch.

22 hours ago, Cagey said:

Is it not just pictures.Doesnt say if they are relaying it or levelling it off for plastic pitch.

You would not be putting sand down for astro it would be tarmac. Secondly do you think saints have £400 to 500k to spend on an astro pitch just now. 

2 minutes ago, mainstand said:

You would not be putting sand down for astro it would be tarmac. Secondly do you think saints have £400 to 500k to spend on an astro pitch just now. 

Not sure of cost of plastic pitch or the cost of resurfacing. It just says on OS. Work going on . Doesn't say work on resurfacing.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Not sure of cost of plastic pitch or the cost of resurfacing. It just says on OS. Work going on . Doesn't say work on resurfacing.

I think it's an annual process they scrape the top surface off it put grass seed down and watch it grow.

Your old mind Is going overtinee on the Killie link. Not even sure she was at Killie when they put the astro in at first as she did leave for a spell 

17 hours ago, mainstand said:

I think you are wrong about the tarmac. You are probably right about me reading too much into it, hopefully.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I think it's an annual process they scrape the top surface off it put grass seed down and watch it grow.

Your old mind Is going overtinee on the Killie link. Not even sure she was at Killie when they put the astro in at first as she did leave for a spell 

Kilmarnock only put a plastic pitch in so they could hire it out, and save money by training there instead of renting facilities. We obviously dont have that need with the astro pitch and training pitch already at McDiarmid. 

Rumours of us going that route are just more of this bizarre push to try and get Saints fans turning on both the club and Kirsten Robertson, and I've no idea why people are doing that.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Kilmarnock only put a plastic pitch in so they could hire it out, and save money by training there instead of renting facilities. We obviously dont have that need with the astro pitch and training pitch already at McDiarmid. 

Rumours of us going that route are just more of this bizarre push to try and get Saints fans turning on both the club and Kirsten Robertson, and I've no idea why people are doing that.

You’ve no idea?? At all? Nothing? Not even the slightest idea? 

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think you are wrong about the tarmac. You are probably right about me reading too much into it, hopefully.

3G Football Pitch Construction

A synthetic grass football pitch is constructed from a free draining, frost-free sub-base, sometimes one or two tarmac layers and/or a shockpad and, lastly, the artificial grass carpet, often known as a 3G surface or astro turf.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I know fine well why people are creating lies about a plastic pitch to stir up hate towards St Johnstone and their employees, but I'm not why they're doing that.

Agree... why are there so many conspiracy theories against KR? Plastic pitch? TW's resignation? Selling Saints? COVID 19? All because of her Killie link. If it was a plastic pitch, it'd be SB's call. But I think it's just being re-laid. TW left for personal reasons. SB would've been well aware of her Killie time, and appointed her on her merits as a financial controller. SB is no fool. 

9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Agree... why are there so many conspiracy theories against KR? Plastic pitch? TW's resignation? Selling Saints? COVID 19? All because of her Killie link. If it was a plastic pitch, it'd be SB's call. But I think it's just being re-laid. TW left for personal reasons. SB would've been well aware of her Killie time, and appointed her on her merits as a financial controller. SB is no fool. 

Is there a possibility it was her that started COVID19 ?.Is she the bat woman ?.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Kr will be bringing in Killie pies next

That would worry me if she did that. In my view they are the most overrated pie in the SPFPSFPSFPL  our steak and chorizo variety are far superior. I actually don’t see anything that KR has done (or not done) since she has arrived that has been detrimental to Saints. TW left for personal reasons saying the time was right. The pitch is getting its usual and perfectly normal annual maintenance. I think she may be very good for Saints in the long run.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Personally I'd be in favour of us getting a plastic pitch (as long as it's a good one) so don't see that particular rumour as a negative. It would give us a much better playing surface in the winter months, less chance of postponements, and something that could be used more easily for events as well as hired out to other clubs (it could even be used for a groundshare, if required at any point).

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Is there a possibility it was her that started COVID19 ?.Is she the bat woman ?.

12 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Personally I'd be in favour of us getting a plastic pitch (as long as it's a good one) so don't see that particular rumour as a negative. It would give us a much better playing surface in the winter months, less chance of postponements, and something that could be used more easily for events as well as hired out to other clubs (it could even be used for a groundshare, if required at any point).

I was under the impression that a fair amount of postponements were not due to the pitch, but for safety issues to the public? Anyway, I'm not against a plastic pitch either. Stops us moaning about unfair advantage to Hamilton/ Livi/ Killie. Players tend not to like it, but I'm sure they'd prefer it to a rugby pitch.

9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I was under the impression that a fair amount of postponements were not due to the pitch, but for safety issues to the public? 

That's true. The plastic pitch would reduce the chance of postponements but wouldn't eradicate them completely. Also, there were some matches this past season where our pitch was an absolute mess - I can't see how an artificial surface wouldn't be an improvement on that.

Give it another 10-20 years and I think artificial surfaces will be the norm in Scotland. Younger players coming through will be used to playing on them, so won't have an issue with them.

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That's true. The plastic pitch would reduce the chance of postponements but wouldn't eradicate them completely. Also, there were some matches this past season where our pitch was an absolute mess - I can't see how an artificial surface wouldn't be an improvement on that.

Give it another 10-20 years and I think artificial surfaces will be the norm in Scotland. Younger players coming through will be used to playing on them, so won't have an issue with them.

Are plastic pitches OK with UEFA and FIFA? The four big stadiums won’t go plastic unless it is.