St.Mirren V St.Johnstone - Wednesday 4th March

SaintJet

After a good showing on Sunday we should be approaching this game with some confidence. Our last visit here we were terrible so I'm hoping we can try to get some revenge.

I can see a few changes to freshen things up - maybe give May a wee rest and start with Kane and Hendry up front and Jason Holt coming in for Spoony.

Would love to win this and put clear daylight between us and the teams at the bottom.

23 hours ago, Kilgour said:

St Mirren playing quite well but we should have enough for three points. Hopefully we will use the squad as these three games can make our season

Thought fake Saints passed the ball about well and were pretty quick when they lost to Aberdeen recently.

Don't envisage too many changes in our starting eleven, with perhaps Ralston returning.

Way we are playing gives us hope of returning with three points.

However, at this stage the result is more important than the performance.

If we can achieve both, so much the better.

C.o.y.s.

50 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Thought fake Saints passed the ball about well and were pretty quick when they lost to Aberdeen recently.

Don't envisage too many changes in our starting eleven, with perhaps Ralston returning.

Way we are playing gives us hope of returning with three points.

However, at this stage the result is more important than the performance.

If we can achieve both, so much the better.

C.o.y.s.

Hopefully back to a back 4 with Ralston & Booth coming back in. Harsh on Gordon but he will get his turn.

Craig or Holt for Butcher due to his lack of game time . Tommy will also have to asses if May & Hendry have refreshed.

Wright & Spoony on wings. Although Mikey will be fresher.

Fine balancing act this one. Does he play the same team and hope they have enough energy to see the game through. Does he rest players for Saturday's game against Hibs (and a possible top 6 slot)

Will he revert to 4:4:2 or his favourite 4:5:1

I hope he goes 4:4:2 bring in Booth and Ralston that allows him to rest 3 of the the defenders. Bring in MOH on the wing and give Wright and Wotherspoon 45 min each(or 60/30). Midfield;d he has many permutations. Rest Hendry or May or again 60/30.

The back 4 of Ralston Kerr McCart Booth have not let us down. We will not lose much if anything playing MOH on the wing.

Clark

Ralston     Kerr     McCart     Booth

Wright         McCann     Craig       MOH

May       Kane

If Tommy plays 5 in midfield and 1 up front Holt in for Kane

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Fine balancing act this one. Does he play the same team and hope they have enough energy to see the game through. Does he rest players for Saturday's game against Hibs (and a possible top 6 slot)

Will he revert to 4:4:2 or his favourite 4:5:1

I hope he goes 4:4:2 bring in Booth and Ralston that allows him to rest 3 of the the defenders. Bring in MOH on the wing and give Wright and Wotherspoon 45 min each(or 60/30). Midfield;d he has many permutations. Rest Hendry or May or again 60/30.

The back 4 of Ralston Kerr McCart Booth have not let us down. We will not lose much if anything playing MOH on the wing.

Clark

Ralston     Kerr     McCart     Booth

Wright         McCann     Craig       MOH

May       Kane

If Tommy plays 5 in midfield and 1 up front Holt in for Kane

Like that. See the boys early doors....

15 hours ago, Linky said:

Just play Drey Wright at right-back, he was excellent defensively on Sunday. I'd be quite happy with O'Halloran being in front of him. Ralston won't be back at the end of the season, and Wright is a much better player.

After seeing how well Wright played on Sunday in a more defensive role, I've been thinking this too. If reverting to 4-4-2 we could go:

Clark

Wright Kerr McCart Booth

MOH McCann Butcher Wotherspoon

Hendry May

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

After seeing how well Wright played on Sunday in a more defensive role, I've been thinking this too. If reverting to 4-4-2 we could go:

Clark

Wright Kerr McCart Booth

MOH McCann Butcher Wotherspoon

Hendry May

I can't see Spoony starting tonight, not with MOH and Holt available. 

I also think Kane will start with Hendry coming off the bench. 

Just win please.