Sign in to follow this  
slambrother

Hibernian v St Johnstone - 14-03-20

Recommended Posts

I know it’s early to start a thread after our glorious 1-0 win yesterday but I’m already excited about next weekend’s game.

The 2-2 draw with Hibs at Easter Road earlier in the season was arguably one of my favourite games of the season and we probably deserved more.  I think our defence is in much better shape than it was then and with the May/Hendry partnership starting to gel, I think we’ve got a really good chance of taking all three points.

Will be interesting to see what tactics Tommy has in mind.  I wasn’t impressed with Holt in midfield yesterday and feel like we need to be a bit more at it in terms  of our counter attacking play.  Would personally like to see Mikey get more game time next week.   Hibs will let us play more football on the deck than yesterday so just hope we ditch the long game and play the way we can.

COYS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we play with the spirit  shown at Easter road with an enhanced squad then we can prevail. We need someone on Boyle the whole game as his pace and crosses are a large part of their game. Momentum is in our favour , just need a solid performance.Would start MoH as they always leave space in behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Kilgour said:

If we play with the spirit  shown at Easter road with an enhanced squad then we can prevail. We need someone on Boyle the whole game as his pace and crosses are a large part of their game. Momentum is in our favour , just need a solid performance.Would start MoH as they always leave space in behind.

Close down Boyle and that totally nullifies them, they don’t have many other options. Think this will be a cracker and hopefully a big support down from Perth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Havana Saint said:

Massive game. Should take a big following through.

Let's go for it.

COYS!

Was thinking we took over 1000 to the Ayr game.  I appreciate it was the cup and there’s a novelty factor to consider but this is a big game and would be nice to think we could take 700+ through.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who would have thought we would be entering this match with a chance of overtaking Hibs and climbing in to the top 6 with a game on hand!
I was at the Hibs game at the start of the season and when we grabbed the equaliser it felt like we had won the cup... if we put the same effort in at the next Hibs game then who knows. If we win we would enter the top 6 and still have a game in hand!!:laugh: COYS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 11:40 AM, slambrother said:

Choo Choo from Markinch Tam? I’ve got 5 of us going so we’re doing well representing Fife Saints! :)

what time you getting the train? - I'll be getting on at Aberdour to meet a mate and his laddie who are coming up from Sunderland and getting to Waverley at 12:09........ bar lunch and pints thereafter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rinky dink said:

what time you getting the train? - I'll be getting on at Aberdour to meet a mate and his laddie who are coming up from Sunderland and getting to Waverley at 12:09........ bar lunch and pints thereafter

I’m getting on the 10.20 train from Markinch, having a meal and pre-match drinks!  I get on at Aberdour for a lot of the Edinburgh matches cause I worked there until last week.  Didn’t think there would be many fellow saintees travelling from there! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gaz9274 said:

Has it been announced if tickets will be available at the ground on the day ?

There should be - there is usually a wee kiosk at the away end selling tickets (usually a bit more expensive than the ones bought in advance)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, slambrother said:

I’m getting on the 10.20 train from Markinch, having a meal and pre-match drinks!  I get on at Aberdour for a lot of the Edinburgh matches cause I worked there until last week.  Didn’t think there would be many fellow saintees travelling from there! :)

I think I'm Aberdour's resident Saints fan, :D

most likely I'll be on the 11:16, depends what time I get out ma scratcher.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully we can pick up 3 points on Saturday before they cancel the rest of the Season. That way we'll have got top 6 after a dreadful start to the season.

Im sure everyone is fed up of the topic but what do you think they would do if it did happen regarding places, relegation etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hopefully we can pick up 3 points on Saturday before they cancel the rest of the Season. That way we'll have got top 6 after a dreadful start to the season.

Im sure everyone is fed up of the topic but what do you think they would do if it did happen regarding places, relegation etc.

The Italians are trying to work that out now. Options seem to be declare the current standings final (what about games in hand?), void the competitions for this year (the Arabs might go bust?), or organise a (much smaller) number of play-off games once the all-clear is declared. The problem in Scotland is that the leagues are so small that most teams at this stage are in the frame for several things - Saints could theoretically finish anywhere between 3rd and 12th, so what would they play-off for? Europe? Relegation? Both? Celtic, umpteen points ahead, would go mental if ordered to play Rangers* in a one-off play-off match for the title and a CL place. They would take it to the highest court, which could eat up the time available for a decision. There is the option of playing in empty stadiums, but the Italians have already moved beyond that to no domestic games at all.

If they can get to the split, things become a bit easier. My guess is the SFPPFLPFL are going to carry on with fingers crossed, and cross the bridge when they come to it, if they come to it. But decisions will probably have to be made eventually. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

 Celtic, umpteen points ahead, would go mental if ordered to play Rangers* in a one-off play-off match for the title and a CL place.

I believe it's near enough certain that Scotland will have the two champions League spots next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about increasing the size of the Scottish Premiership next year so no one gets relegated from the league they are in. Two go up. Playoff for second place in Championship etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

How about increasing the size of the Scottish Premiership next year so no one gets relegated from the league they are in. Two go up. Playoff for second place in Championship etc. 

The thing is, if this thing continues to grow, when would the play off games be played? We could see a suspension of games anytime in the next few weeks and still be sitting around in late July wondering if/when/how the new season starts. Not just domestically but Europe and international games as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this