Hibernian v St Johnstone - 14-03-20

slambrother

1 minute ago, SaintJet said:

If anyone is wanting to see Saints in the next month they better be at this match on Saturday; wee Cranky has just spoken at first Ministers questions and confirmed that from Monday the advice will be that there should be no gatherings bigger than 300 people.

Does that not give Hamilton an unfair advantage? 

43 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

If anyone is wanting to see Saints in the next month they better be at this match on Saturday; wee Cranky has just spoken at first Ministers questions and confirmed that from Monday the advice will be that there should be no gatherings bigger than 300 people.

Her name is Nicola Sturgeon. Plus she said 500. 

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I think it may be that we get to the split and the season ends there if things here follow the pattern in Italy. Football is not specifically mentioned but if close contact is defined as being within two metres of somebody for 15 minutes you have to think the football will be pulled. 

27 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

How are they going to decide who the lucky 500 are?

I guess it will home supporters only

Season Ticket holders to get access by random ballot I suppose. 

I read an article that suggested that televison would be asked to assist if the worst came to worst with the 3pm curfew for live games being relaxed. It might be a way that clubs could try recoup some of the lost revenue by way of temporary subscription. 

We are all speculating but no doubt this is going to have a serious impact on our game. We can only be thankful that we are nearer the end of the season than the beginning.

16 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I read an article that suggested that televison would be asked to assist if the worst came to worst with the 3pm curfew for live games being relaxed. It might be a way that clubs could try recoup some of the lost revenue by way of temporary subscription. 

We are all speculating but no doubt this is going to have a serious impact on our game. We can only be thankful that we are nearer the end of the season than the beginning.

Live footy in a packed pub would be more dangerous than a packed stadium.

Probably be a bigger demand on emergency services as well.

Edited by Cagey

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Live footy in a packed pub would be more dangerous than a packed stadium.

Probably be a bigger demand on emergency services as well.

I think it would be a good idea to stop pubs from showing sporting events while this is going on - people can watch at home.

The relaxation of the Saturday 3pm rule would make sense in this instance I think, at least for Premier League capabilities who could play matches effectively behind closed doors but stream them to fans (I'd take out a Saints TV subscription if it would enable me to watch Saturday matches here in the UK). What it doesn't do, though, is protect the players who may feel playing matches, or even training, puts them at risk.

16 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think it would be a good idea to stop pubs from showing sporting events while this is going on - people can watch at home.

The relaxation of the Saturday 3pm rule would make sense in this instance I think, at least for Premier League capabilities who could play matches effectively behind closed doors but stream them to fans (I'd take out a Saints TV subscription if it would enable me to watch Saturday matches here in the UK). What it doesn't do, though, is protect the players who may feel playing matches, or even training, puts them at risk.

Not everyone has Sky/BT.

3 EPL TEAMS. have already got people with the virus so those games will not take place . The EPL are having a meeting today so there may not be any footy to show on TV.

16 hours ago, SaintJet said:

It would closed door, zero fans. Not a case of 500. The whole idea is to have the emergency services in more important places than a football match.

Pubs will remain with their 3PM blackout, but hopefully club TV channels would then be allowed to broadcast during it, until fans are allowed back to games.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Pubs will remain with their 3PM blackout, but hopefully club TV channels would then be allowed to broadcast during it, until fans are allowed back to games.

I don't think that would stop pubs from just streaming it though. They will be doing anything to try and get some money.

Well looks as if the season is over then. This virus is not going to go away any time soon. English game is shut until April 3rd but does anybody really think this will a have blown over by then. Just passed a couple of Punters in the St Johns Centre   "Aye that's your nine in a row finished ..........seasons voided............"  Mind you I am sure Sevco will have plentiful reserves to see them through until the start of next season