Hibernian v St Johnstone - 14-03-20

slambrother

48 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

He was steady enough. Him and Booth linked up well down the left. That step over to beat the defender was something else though. :)

Yeah but he should have passed he was never going to score from 3 yards out with the goalie lying on his backside on the 18 yard line:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, slambrother said:

Anyone been offered money back for Hibs ticket purchased? 

Will be more than. Happy to write off season ticket but not really wanting to donate over £100 to the hibees. 

Would defo consider putting towards any fund raising for saints though!

Don't have a Hibs ST.Are you on the right forum or are you our groundsman?.

16 hours ago, slambrother said:

Anyone been offered money back for Hibs ticket purchased? 

Will be more than. Happy to write off season ticket but not really wanting to donate over £100 to the hibees. 

Would defo consider putting towards any fund raising for saints though!

I m same got £70 worth of tickets for Hibs game, on the Friday before the Hibs games the advice was to keep a hold of until we know what’s happening, if it ends up being played they ll still be valid, otherwise I see no other option then they have to refund money.

The clubs been pretty much closed since then so nothing is going to happen quickly.

I don t see us getting football back quickly and in my head I imagine I ll be getting a £70 refund for Hibs tickets and handing it straight back towards the cost of a new season ticket.

If you bought a ticket for a specific event - eg the Hibs game - then you are entitled under law to your money back (although that won’t do you much good if Hibs go bust). The position with season tickets is apparently much less clear. I presume if the season is finished as is, then you’ve had your season. Not sure how many folk would claim the refund though even if one was offered. 

Ive seen a lot of folk saying they would NEVER ask for a refund, but clubs should give a discount on next year’s ticket. That’s....um.....a refund.

6 hours ago, Strawman said:

I m same got £70 worth of tickets for Hibs game, on the Friday before the Hibs games the advice was to keep a hold of until we know what’s happening, if it ends up being played they ll still be valid, otherwise I see no other option then they have to refund money.

The clubs been pretty much closed since then so nothing is going to happen quickly.

I don t see us getting football back quickly and in my head I imagine I ll be getting a £70 refund for Hibs tickets and handing it straight back towards the cost of a new season ticket.

That’s a good idea actually will prob do the same!

3 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

If you bought a ticket for a specific event - eg the Hibs game - then you are entitled under law to your money back (although that won’t do you much good if Hibs go bust). The position with season tickets is apparently much less clear. I presume if the season is finished as is, then you’ve had your season. Not sure how many folk would claim the refund though even if one was offered. 

Ive seen a lot of folk saying they would NEVER ask for a refund, but clubs should give a discount on next year’s ticket. That’s....um.....a refund.

Yeah seems to pretty amount to the same thing LAUGH OUT LOUD.  

What could be a nice offer would be for the club to offer supporters who don’t want or expect a refund for their ST,  free entry into our first Scottish cup home game.  

1 hour ago, slambrother said:

That’s a good idea actually will prob do the same!

Yeah seems to pretty amount to the same thing LAUGH OUT LOUD.  

What could be a nice offer would be for the club to offer supporters who don’t want or expect a refund for their ST,  free entry into our first Scottish cup home game.  

Would be even better if free entry for all home Scottish cup games up to the semis was offered :D

18 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Sorry, don’t mean to pick a fight, but once again, that’s a refund. 

That’s ok I’m rubbish at fighting anyway! 
I don’t think it is though.  If I was to ask for a refund I would be looking for money back for remaining games.  I can’t be bothered looking but we must have at least 4 left which would be around £100 for an adult( minus whatever discount you get as a ST holder per game). 
That would be a refund whereas entry into a one off game would be a bonus/perk/gesture of goodwill and would only cost around £25 sometimes only £15 as our first Scottish cup games are discounted anyway

Surely not having to pay that out refunds and avoiding the administrative hassle involved would be better for the club than giving free entry to one game!

2 hours ago, slambrother said:

That’s ok I’m rubbish at fighting anyway! 
I don’t think it is though.  If I was to ask for a refund I would be looking for money back for remaining games.  I can’t be bothered looking but we must have at least 4 left which would be around £100 for an adult( minus whatever discount you get as a ST holder per game). 
That would be a refund whereas entry into a one off game would be a bonus/perk/gesture of goodwill and would only cost around £25 sometimes only £15 as our first Scottish cup games are discounted anyway

Surely not having to pay that out refunds and avoiding the administrative hassle involved would be better for the club than giving free entry to one game!

I agree - it's not the same as a refund, as it's a reward for buying a new season ticket and for being a returning customer. A refund would be something that you would get whether or not you renewed your season ticket for next season.