The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Aberdeen are apparently voting against it too.

So you just need one other club to vote no, or abstain, and the vote will fail.

Dundee, and Partick voting against it in lower tier, again one more club not voting yes sees it fail.

It wont go through. We'll end up spending the next 3 months with absolutely no idea what's happening because the clubs are all squabbling trying to get the best deal for themselves.

14 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm sure Saints would do that too, and I don't have any problem with that - but I just wish clubs like Hearts and Sevco would acknowledge the fact that they don't want it to happen because of the impact it will have on their own clubs, instead of pretending that it's for the good of Scottish football or any other nonsense.

I still reckon that Hibs would be justified in joining them in voting against, so that they don't lose their top 6 place and don't lose their derby fixture.

I would prefer to finish the season "properly" and leave the decision as late as possible but it's starting to feel like we should just decide on this season (current placings or average points, whatever) and be ready for starting next season as soon as we can. There's just too much confusion around players/contracts/sponsorship deals to be dragging the current season on til (say) September. 

25 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'm sure Saints would do that too, and I don't have any problem with that - but I just wish clubs like Hearts and Sevco would acknowledge the fact that they don't want it to happen because of the impact it will have on their own clubs, instead of pretending that it's for the good of Scottish football or any other nonsense.

I still reckon that Hibs would be justified in joining them in voting against, so that they don't lose their top 6 place and don't lose their derby fixture.

Agree with all that.It doesn't affect Saints too much apart from the difference a place makes & £150 k or there abouts per place is not to be sniffed at.

Personally I think they will go for 14 team league for next season but that still leaves Sevco unhappy & we can't have that can we ?.

14 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Why is there this urge to change the league structure?...did we not do this ages ago and decided 12 was the correct size for the top league.

I think it is for next season only & a pragmatic approach to save Hearts getting relegated etc.

It still doesn't solve the problem that the Ibroke club not wanting Celtic to be awarded the title. They might agree if they get the advance money they are desperate for.

All 42 member clubs have until 1700 hrs to vote on ending the current season. 

9 of the 12 Premiership clubs must vote "In Favour", along with 8 out of 10 of the Championship teams , along with 15 out of 20 of Leagues 1 and 2 together .

Edited by HOODLUM65

42 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

All 42 member clubs have until 1700 hrs to vote on ending the current season. 

9 of the 12 Premiership clubs must vote "In Favour", along with 8 out of 10 of the Championship teams , along with 15 out of 20 of Leagues 1 and 2 together .

Only for championship, 1st & 2nd division’s.  Does not include the premier league.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

What doesnt?

Today's vote is to end the season in the lower divisions only I'm quite sure.

The premier league games will remain "postponed" at the moment and for as long as possible before a decision is made. It will probably be a similar system. 

It's to do with the UEFA ruling on European places being withdrawn if seasons are not completed.

39 minutes ago, cristo said:

The premier league games will remain "postponed" at the moment and for as long as possible before a decision is made. It will probably be a similar system. 

It's to do with the UEFA ruling on European places being withdrawn if seasons are not completed.

Fair dues.

Its apparently going to fail in League One/Two. Six teams rumoured to be voting against it, which makes it impossible to reach the 75% figure.

Dumbarton boss Jim Duffy wants them to vote no, as he believes all league games can be played next month if they use midweeks...

52 minutes ago, cristo said:

The decision covers the lower leagues now, and the average points element will be applied to the top division as and when.

The SPFPlLPFL have let it be known they have a Plan B to bring forward, should this fail, which, with the scheduled talks on reconstruction, can only be for a finish as is, promotion for the leaders, no relegation, and 2 new teams in at the bottom. I think that’s the real vote, probably next week. That would take care of the European places as well.

The issue of whether the reconstruction is permanent or temporary will need discussion and a vote, but that’s probably a bit of a side-issue for now. 

That leaves the issue of the title. With the threat of relegation removed, awarding the title to Celtic should go through. But they won’t do it yet. I don’t think the stumbling block is Rangers* and their pompous nonsense. I think it’s UEFA, who for commercial reasons affecting the few big leagues who run UEFA, want the season played to a finish (UEFA and the big leagues will lose several billion in TV money and sponsorship fees if it is not). They have threatened to punish leagues who end early. Scotland would not only lose next season’s places, but the co-efficient would be royally fecked just as it was starting to look good.

Everyone seems to be ruling out null and void except the knuckle-draggers, of course.

I don’t  think it’s actually that confusing. The money politics have to play out, and UEFA have to get to a point where they can either call it as finished, or come up with some way to get it finished normally. That’s solely up to the virus. At that point, a lot of smaller leagues might be allowed to be exceptions, like Belgium already have been allowed to be, because they were only a single game away from the end of their regular season, with a runaway leader.

So I think the league is just trying to tidy up the lower leagues, get cash to the clubs ASAP, and then they will sit on the big decision until the virus and UEFA sort themselves out.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Vote has apparently failed.

League One/Two voted yes.

Dundee, Partick and ICT voted no in the Championship so its failed.

Not quite yet. Apparently, the clubs actually have 28 days to vote - today by 5pm was just a request. The thing hinges on one championship club who haven’t voted yet - but they are said to be leaning towards no. It might be Dundee, who have a bonkers alternative plan to award titles - but no promotion or relegation. 

I imagine there’s a club chairman tonight who could ask for and receive a blowie from Neil Doncaster whenever he wanted one.

Aberdeen statement sating they voted for it but think there should have been more time allowed.

Appears that the Clubs had 28 days to vote but thet were asking for votes to be in by 5 as a favour.

Rangers trying to put themselves as the knights in shining armour who are trying to save all the lower clubs but at the same time are trying to do their best to cancel the league and stop Celtic getting 9 in a row.

Appears there resolution failed as a company cant lend to member clubs. Surely the lawyers should have looked into that before they put down the resolution.  

As for Duffy's comment he obviously said that prior to the SFA cancelling all training at all levels until June 10 with a ban on competitive football until 6 weeks later.

Edited by mainstand