The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Im totally lost. I thought if Dundee voted yes then that was all leagues with enough yes votes to end the season including the Premier. Now there's talk of still playing it and if not then reconstruction. Will teams just have to play the rest of the season with what players they have left. Its not just about finding time to play out the season now, its time to get players fit again. Contracts etc will also be an issue. I get that its to get money to clubs in lower leagues now.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Im totally lost. I thought if Dundee voted yes then that was all leagues with enough yes votes to end the season including the Premier. Now there's talk of still playing it and if not then reconstruction. Will teams just have to play the rest of the season with what players they have left. Its not just about finding time to play out the season now, its time to get players fit again. Contracts etc will also be an issue. I get that its to get money to clubs in lower leagues now.

UEFA are demanding all top flight football tries to play their remaining games, until its no longer possible in this "footballing calendar year". If you don't comply then you may be banned from European competition.

Its just a matter of time until the top flight follows the bottom tiers, but you have to massage UEFAs ego before.

4 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Wonder what Dundee have been promised behind the scenes , for them to actually make a decision.

A pre season friendly apparently. They'll also be hoping for an outside chance of restructuring and going up.

As much as I find it funny the protestations from sevco fans with their tin foil hats on, it's not beyond the realm that Dundee have done to behind the scenes deals. They have a history of this kind of thing, remember the 3 way swap loan  deal involving scott Alan and Scott Bain. Not to mention the Boston overseas game proposal from a few years back.

For me, I would always want to see the season played out, but the longer this goes, the less possible this becomes. Mainly players contracts being the issue in scotland.

If it is a Utd and Hearts swap, then for saints, this might be a small positive in terms of attendances. Plus, we can always remind Utd that they 'faked' their way to a title.. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

FWIW with the lower leagues now being called, its just a matter of time until we also use the average points system.

Will mean we have finished in the top half in 7 of the 11 seasons since promotion.

Three lower leagues will get the money by the end of the week. Assume premiership will have to wait for money until it has been decided that the premiership will not be played to a finish.

Also hopefully Saints will be in touch with SPFL to confirm the positions will be decided on average points & not automatically paid out on present positions if the league is called.

Plastic Whistle have decided not to challenge in court the SPFL's decision to end the leagues on a points per game basis.

Either this is because it is now clear that money is only available for distribution to clubs once it is confirmed the leagues have ended so court action would delay things.

Or, notwithstanding the legal opinion released to the media, the private consultation with the QC to elaborate on his opinion, which they would get as part of the "deal", was not sufficiently encouraging to risk the cost of court action.

3 hours ago, south inch said:

Plastic Whistle have decided not to challenge in court the SPFL's decision to end the leagues on a points per game basis.

Either this is because it is now clear that money is only available for distribution to clubs once it is confirmed the leagues have ended so court action would delay things.

Or, notwithstanding the legal opinion released to the media, the private consultation with the QC to elaborate on his opinion, which they would get as part of the "deal", was not sufficiently encouraging to risk the cost of court action.

Budge on a working group on reconstruction & Patrick dropping court action. That will be a 14 team premiership next season then. A version of brown envelopes.

3 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

When Statement Sevco FC came out with their latest statement today stating "many clubs".

It is quite obvious that they do require some basic lessons in numeracy and democracy. Talk about playing the flute to their bigoted support.

Sevco and Hearts....two cheeks of the same erse.

Wish they would get on with trying to sell their season tickets and give the rest of us peace.

Stranraer will get their payment, it will cover about a weeks wage and not what the media is spouting.  It was in their club statement.

Thistle cant afford to challenge.

Two terrible form teams finding their fate earlier than expected, but both likely going down anyway.. Same can be said on Hearts, utter garbage and don't deserve to stay up.

I'm not bothered about our final placing, I'm not bothered about reconstruction.  I just want to get back to being at a game.

Can reconstruct the leagues but I can see clubs folding before any new season starts.  Players being unattached and out of contract, but clubs have no finances to commit to signing contracts.   The reconstruction might need to focus on who survives in a few months.

6 hours ago, Dave H said:

Stranraer will get their payment, it will cover about a weeks wage and not what the media is spouting.  It was in their club statement.

Thistle cant afford to challenge.

Two terrible form teams finding their fate earlier than expected, but both likely going down anyway.. Same can be said on Hearts, utter garbage and don't deserve to stay up.

I'm not bothered about our final placing, I'm not bothered about reconstruction.  I just want to get back to being at a game.

Can reconstruct the leagues but I can see clubs folding before any new season starts.  Players being unattached and out of contract, but clubs have no finances to commit to signing contracts.   The reconstruction might need to focus on who survives in a few months.

....and Dundee possibly being in the Premiership to make up the numbers??

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Budge on a working group on reconstruction & Patrick dropping court action. That will be a 14 team premiership next season then. A version of brown envelopes.

Crazy that Budge is one of the people given prime responsibility for a reconstruction plan when she only wants reconstruction to save her own club... but part of me thinks she's just been given that to stop her from complaining quite so much. In the end, she can come up with whatever plan she likes, but the clubs would still need to vote for it. The majority of clubs haven't been in favour of a bigger Premier League before, so why would they now? I can't see Saints, for example, voting for any significant structural change.

For me it's reaching the point where I'm against reconstruction purely as a matter of principal - why should Hearts be allowed to dramatically change the way our entire league system works just to save themselves? If they weren't such an appallingly badly run club then they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. A club of their fanbase and resources should comfortably be in the Top 6 every single year.

A bigger top league makes the 2 coming up each season being no way good enough to survive.   Would we be looking at Arbroath potentially challenging to get in the top flight (stadium aint good enough?)  They'd be straight back down.  Only change I would have is bottom 2 go down and scrap playoffs that are massively favoured in the top clubs interest.  Fck Hearts, already bailed them out giving them a donation in the past.