The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

BET365 not going to pay out for Celtic winning league if it is called . Paying out for Arabs but not Raith.

Skybet paid out on my Raith Rovers & Cove double the day the leagues finishes were announced. Unexpected, but knew there would be others who tried to weasel out of it. 

23 hours ago, Dave H said:

Only change I would have is bottom 2 go down and scrap playoffs that are massively favoured in the top clubs interest. 

How are the play offs weighted in the top flight clubs favour?

If 2nd in the Championship make the final then both clubs will have played 38 games in the build up, and both generally play their final fixture beforehand within a day of each other.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

How are the play offs weighted in the top flight clubs favour?

If 2nd in the Championship make the final then both clubs will have played 38 games in the build up, and both generally play their final fixture beforehand within a day of each other.

I think he was just suggesting that the very idea of play-offs is to give a team who has already finished bottom of the league, a second chance to save their premiership bacon.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:45 AM, Dave H said:

A bigger top league makes the 2 coming up each season being no way good enough to survive.   Would we be looking at Arbroath potentially challenging to get in the top flight (stadium aint good enough?)  They'd be straight back down.  Only change I would have is bottom 2 go down and scrap playoffs that are massively favoured in the top clubs interest.  Fck Hearts, already bailed them out giving them a donation in the past.

If we go for 14 , Iwould prefer 2 up 2 down.

Play offs are for TV & money. How can I be right that a team that finishes 3 or 4th 10 points behind to be able to be promoted.

Obviously if Saints end up 13th in league there should be play offs.

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I think he was just suggesting that the very idea of play-offs is to give a team who has already finished bottom of the league, a second chance to save their premiership bacon.

The club bottom get relegated automatically, its 11th who go into the play offs.

I'd argue its unfair a team finishing 4th in a 10 team league get the chance of promotion at all.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:28 AM, blueheaven said:

Crazy that Budge is one of the people given prime responsibility for a reconstruction plan when she only wants reconstruction to save her own club... but part of me thinks she's just been given that to stop her from complaining quite so much. In the end, she can come up with whatever plan she likes, but the clubs would still need to vote for it. The majority of clubs haven't been in favour of a bigger Premier League before, so why would they now? I can't see Saints, for example, voting for any significant structural change.

For me it's reaching the point where I'm against reconstruction purely as a matter of principal - why should Hearts be allowed to dramatically change the way our entire league system works just to save themselves? If they weren't such an appallingly badly run club then they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. A club of their fanbase and resources should comfortably be in the Top 6 every single year.

Sums it up perfectly. 

In Denmark one club will errect a screen in the car park and offer commentary that people can tune into on their car stereo, charging for entrance to the car park. Saints could easily do this! 

imagine (and I am dreaming) that the council let the slip road become a car park too......  

ST JOHNSTONE KIT SALE 2020

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=emilychops&hash=item28011faa8f&item=171817544335&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xst+johnstone.TRS0&_nkw=st+johnstone&_sacat=0

9 hours ago, MySpazz said:

In Denmark one club will errect a screen in the car park and offer commentary that people can tune into on their car stereo, charging for entrance to the car park. Saints could easily do this! 

imagine (and I am dreaming) that the council let the slip road become a car park too......  

ST JOHNSTONE KIT SALE 2020

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=emilychops&hash=item28011faa8f&item=171817544335&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xst+johnstone.TRS0&_nkw=st+johnstone&_sacat=0

Aye be really safe allowing the slip road to be used as a car park.  It's not like any other traffic uses it.

SPFL board apart from one member think it will be October before we will be able to start New season.

If that is the case & they go for a 14 league then they should go for a 26 game league with league cup & Scottish cup & winter break if they must.

I know the clubs will not want to lose fixtures but needs must.

Other option is summer football or playing behind closed doors with premiership games on TV . Last option doesn't help lower league clubs as most don't have TV channel.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

SPFL board apart from one member think it will be October before we will be able to start New season.

If that is the case & they go for a 14 league then they should go for a 26 game league with league cup & Scottish cup & winter break if they must.

Other option is summer football or playing behind closed doors with premiership games on TV . Last option doesn't help lower league clubs as most don't have TV channel.

Why do we need 14 team league.Madness

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Sky’s contract stipulates 4 OF games. 

Drop that to 2 and they’ll walk 

38 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Does it really, though? This is something I hear fans mentioning a lot, but I can't remember ever hearing anyone from the SPFL, or the broadcasters, or the clubs, state this as fact. I also noticed on Off the Ball a few weeks back they were questioning whether this is accurate or just urban myth. Would it even be possible for such a contractual obligation to exist, given that the very nature of the league set-up means the four OF games can't actually be guaranteed (obviously they're highly likely, but that's not the same as being guaranteed).

Also Sky didn't walk when Sevco were in the lower leagues for four years and these OF matches didn't happen.

Not saying you're wrong - just that I'm a bit sceptical about it. And even if you're right, broadcasters are obviously going to have to acknowledge the fact that current circumstances mean league formats might be up in the air for anything up to a year and they're not necessarily going to get what they signed up for. Chances are they've already missed out on this season's supposedly vital four OF matches, for example. I'd imagine that Sky right now are probably way more concerned with the volume of English Premier League matches they paid for and are currently not getting.

3 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Drop that to 2 and they’ll walk 

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. I am sure Sky could be guaranteed the old firm Scottish cup & league cup finals.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures. I am sure Sky could be guaranteed the old firm Scottish cup & league cup finals.

G

11 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Hot balls, anyone?

Have you 2 been following the eScottish cup on Facebook as well as the real thing?

On 4/20/2020 at 6:58 AM, jhq said:

Aye be really safe allowing the slip road to be used as a car park.  It's not like any other traffic uses it.

In the lockdown..........at a time when it's quiet, as a special arrangement..............as a crazy idea, which might have been obvious............