The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

52 minutes ago, Cagey said:

The conditions for the return to training are pretty tough & will be a financial hit.

2 covid19 tests a week.

Temperature check before training.

Wash your own kit

Travel individually to training.

Sheer at home after training.

Loads more that I can't remember.

Can't see Saints returning to training before end of June.

Do we still train at Stirling. That is bound to be a large expense when we have two grass training pitches & artificial pitch at McDiarmid.

Train next to the ground, 

Start getting players who want to play for Saints and live in Perth!

Covid will soon be lip-service like Health & Safety is when the job has to get done!

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Do we still train at Stirling. That is bound to be a large expense when we have two grass training pitches & artificial pitch at McDiarmid.

They were only training in Stirling twice a week. I don't think they have not been there for some time now. They had an area in the old gannochy that the Club were given with various changing rooms kit room etc, when taht was demolished they moved to the portacabins which didn't quite fit in. Think from what i heard that the last time they trained there was when liam gordon picked up his knee injury.  

It is the ideal area with the pool, football centre and the gym but fairly costly.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

They were only training in Stirling twice a week. I don't think they have not been there for some time now. They had an area in the old gannochy that the Club were given with various changing rooms kit room etc, when taht was demolished they moved to the portacabins which didn't quite fit in. Think from what i heard that the last time they trained there was when liam gordon picked up his knee injury.  

It is the ideal area with the pool, football centre and the gym but fairly costly.

I've always found it quite odd that a club as frugal as Saints would be spending money on training at someone else's facility, when we have two training pitches on-site at McDiarmid Park.

(Off-topic but I didn't realise the Gannochy had been demolished. That used to be a terrific sports bar back in the day, and it even had a framed 95/96 Saints shirt up on the wall.)

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I've always found it quite odd that a club as frugal as Saints would be spending money on training at someone else's facility, when we have two training pitches on-site at McDiarmid Park.

(Off-topic but I didn't realise the Gannochy had been demolished. That used to be a terrific sports bar back in the day, and it even had a framed 95/96 Saints shirt up on the wall.)

I dont know if the players get travel expenses for training, if they do it may be more cost effective training at stirling on 2 days a week, this was prior to the pitches behind the stadium being totally developed though. 

New £20m sports centre being built there at present very fancy. https://www.stir.ac.uk/student-life/sport-at-stirling/facilities/facilities-redevelopment/

32 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Good to see the chairman mention Rooney so he must be signed.

Maybe waiting for new strip to announce him.

Surprising how few new strips have been announced. Think in SPL Saints, Dundee Utd, Rangers and Celtic at least all still to announce them. 

13 hours ago, blueheaven said:

From memory, Stirling was used because Saints players lived all over the shop. Then Broon senior basically said Saints are a Perth team, live and train in Perth or fek off. He probably wasn’t so diplomatic.

On 6/9/2020 at 8:46 AM, blueheaven said:

It was a great sports bar and if we could replicate it next to McD, then Saints would make some great money from it. Stick it at the grass bit at the top of the car park. 

Seem to remember the saints top came from Calumn Davidson who had a connection to the Uni, possibly through the tennis.

If Saints long term plan is to use the pitches behind the east stand as full time training ground, we probably need to get another full size grass/hybrid pitch in. One possibility is to do something where the away busses are parked.

If we were to build a training pavilion at the back of the east (or incorporate into a shop/sports bar etc) then that would free up some space in the main stand from the changing rooms for the astro pitch, which could be used to increase matchday hospitality. 

3 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

If Saints long term plan is to use the pitches behind the east stand as full time training ground, we probably need to get another full size grass/hybrid pitch in. One possibility is to do something where the away busses are parked.

If we were to build a training pavilion at the back of the east (or incorporate into a shop/sports bar etc) then that would free up some space in the main stand from the changing rooms for the astro pitch, which could be used to increase matchday hospitality. 

I am not sure we need any more than 2 full size grass pitches and an astro pitch.  Plus a goalkeeper training area. 

Would it really make financial sense to build another set of changing facilities. Not sure we need are selling out all our hospitality at present so adding to it might only benefit us for a few games a year. 

Watching Aston Villa game . Even with canned crowd noise it is pretty boring & like a friendly.

You wouldn't think relegation was at stake.

Do we still have the cardboard fans for when we play behind closed doors ?. Might add a bit of atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

NOT A POLITICAL POINT.

Why is it ok to sit indoors in a cinema but not outdoors at a football match (. England 4th July.

The science x an algebraic equation x throw in a geometric graph theory and that is the answer they come up with!  

It may work out for our league start date though in that if transmission numbers stay low during the period of Cinemas/ pub reopening then good old commonsense may take over from the above Method.   

All 42 clubs have claimed their £50 grand from Anderson. Thanks Mrs Budge.

Some making a big deal that Celtic,Aberdeen & Killie giving it to club charity as if it's a big deal. I am sure most youth developments are club charity or certainly some things the clubs are involved in are.

13 minutes ago, Cagey said:

All 42 clubs have claimed their £50 grand from Anderson. Thanks Mrs Budge.

Some making a big deal that Celtic,Aberdeen & Killie giving it to club charity as if it's a big deal. I am sure most youth developments are club charity or certainly some things the clubs are involved in are.

its not gone in their instances to youth development though. Think it has been donated to non footballing activities. 

17 other clubs have put it towards covid testing equipment which can be used for local community. 

46 minutes ago, mainstand said:

its not gone in their instances to youth development though. Think it has been donated to non footballing activities. 

17 other clubs have put it towards covid testing equipment which can be used for local community. 

I would imagine saints are one of those. Given the amount of space and ground we have access to, it makes sense to open it up if needed. Would be relatively easy to distance, etc. Given the machines are £30k+ use the grant to pay for that, use it for players, staff and others in the community and save the left over for running it. Or you know, use the money to bring in another player, either works. 

32 minutes ago, Widge said:

I would imagine saints are one of those. Given the amount of space and ground we have access to, it makes sense to open it up if needed. Would be relatively easy to distance, etc. Given the machines are £30k+ use the grant to pay for that, use it for players, staff and others in the community and save the left over for running it. Or you know, use the money to bring in another player, either works. 

there is a cracking winger covid wears number 19 I am sure rangers will have tried that one though.

Edited by mainstand