The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

1 minute ago, mainstand said:

Some news from Maxwell that the SFA group working on the restart of football have had talks about fans getting into the ground physically distanced from 23 July. 

Believe it when I see it.

There are some clubs who would be able to apply social distancing and unfortunately there are some who are a blight on Scottish football.

Could it be done at McD with fans APPLYING for a seat , with a limit if needed for social distancing?

Once the seating distance is sorted and the limit is decided , the successful fans would be given a voucher/ ticket for a seat in a designated Stand, Row and seat no. AND would have to occupy ONLY that seat, or be ejected.

This I imagine would exclude Away fans and I'd  also imagine not all Saints fans are in a position to attend for varying reasons.

Would the stadium , which holds over 10,000 , be able to accommodate possibly 1500/2500 and still keep social distancing, which may be reduced to 1 metre by the time the fixtures start?

Other considerations would be Catering , Toilets, etc.

Depending on number of applicants and social distancing measures, would it be Season ticket holders only?

A ballot may be needed if the number of applicants exceed the limit.

C.o.y.s. desperate to see a live game.

42 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

There are some clubs who would be able to apply social distancing and unfortunately there are some who are a blight on Scottish football.

Could it be done at McD with fans APPLYING for a seat , with a limit if needed for social distancing?

Once the seating distance is sorted and the limit is decided , the successful fans would be given a voucher/ ticket for a seat in a designated Stand, Row and seat no. AND would have to occupy ONLY that seat, or be ejected.

This I imagine would exclude Away fans and I'd  also imagine not all Saints fans are in a position to attend for varying reasons.

Would the stadium , which holds over 10,000 , be able to accommodate possibly 1500/2500 and still keep social distancing, which may be reduced to 1 metre by the time the fixtures start?

Depending on number of applicants and social distancing measures, would it be Season ticket holders only?

Could keep catering  closed.& Take a sandwich. Financial hit but may have to be.

Toilets,not so easy. Might have to pee in a bottle.

Capacity may have to limited to 25% which is about Saints standard support.

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Could keep catering  closed.& Take a sandwich. Financial hit but may have to be.

Correct, cucumber and prawn sarnies and the hospital bottles made of similar material to egg cartons (under your tartan blanket) would suffice. :laugh:.

Edited by HOODLUM65

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think based on the capacity they are talking about at Murrayfield and Parkhead they are talking about 10% if it remains at 2 metres. Could just fill a stand full of kids as going by recent statements they wont need to physically distance.

7 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Correct, cucumber and prawn sarnies and the hospital bottles made of similar material to egg cartons (under your tartan blanket) would suffice. :laugh:.

Just do it like the old Hampden you pee where you stand. :laugh:

One of the Sheffield clubs fans did a calculation on seating per fan at 2m and 1m, if I remember correctly think he worked it out on the ratio of 3.22 seats per person at 1m and 8.3 seats per person at 2 m.  this of course only took into consideration seating arrangements there is of course the toilet scenario ,entry/exit , to consider. 

On another note if we (Scotland) reached the same conditions as in New Zealand then they have moved to letting unrestricted numbers into the grounds over there, We have around 8/9 weeks to go to start of season so maybe a chance we can near that situation by then or indeed in a position to do limited entry to fans over the whole stadium! By this time fingers crossed you may also be able to have groups of people who meet up regularly and could create small groups through out the stadium. I think because others are before us in this progression we may move quicker when we can see what is happening elsewhere, I would imagine Germany will be the guide in Europe on this if they start to let fans soon?         

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

I think it becomes even more complicated when you start taking into account the fact that certain people will be OK to sit next to each other - e.g. people from the same household, or people already mixing through "support bubbles".

It probably doesn't help that the guidelines are evolving all the time. I guess that could be why Saints are continuing to hang fire over season ticket details - how can they sell specific seats when they don't know how many seats, and at what spacing, they can legally and safely sell?

Whatever happens, I think this will be the final nail in the coffin for the days of simply walking up to a turnstile and paying to get in. Matches will be all-ticket for a long time to come.

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

How many season ticket holders have we ??

10 hours ago, Cagey said:

Why do you have to eat or drink at a football match, have your breakfast / dinner before you leave , know wonder there is so much obesity these days.

Put season tickets s on sale but only to existing ticket holders meantime. That should allow any social distancing required.

I know the office has been furloughed but there isn't any word on last season's STs yet so don't hold out much hope for a decision soon on this season & rightly so. Wait a wee while to see if virus is controlled.

We could maybe hold the games on Bournemouth beach.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

South inch will know he has mare knowledge than you.

Sorry to disappoint Sixties but I don't know either.

I would agree with Hoodlum that we could manage 1,500/2,500 easily enough depending on social distancing.  In fact if we come down to one metre we could probably push 4,000.  That would mean using all 4 stands though and I do't know how viable that would be.  Mind you with family groups we could get more into the Ormond as presumably they would be able to sit together.

Big question - if we have to wear masks how do we eat our pie and Bovril?

31 minutes ago, south inch said:

Sorry to disappoint Sixties but I don't know either.

I would agree with Hoodlum that we could manage 1,500/2,500 easily enough depending on social distancing.  In fact if we come down to one metre we could probably push 4,000.  That would mean using all 4 stands though and I do't know how viable that would be.  Mind you with family groups we could get more into the Ormond as presumably they would be able to sit together.

Big question - if we have to wear masks how do we eat our pie and Bovril?

Thank you South Inch a reasonable answer, unlike some I could name on here ;) as to your bovril I refer you to my post to Cagey. 

17 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Thank you South Inch a reasonable answer, unlike some I could name on here ;) as to your bovril I refer you to my post to Cagey. 

Fair point about obesity Sixties but I'm prepared to do without beforehand so I can enjoy my pie and bovril at McD.  If Saints don't win that's the highlight of my day!

I'm not sure what the actual figures are, but I would expect at 2m we could probably accommodate most, if not all ST holders. At 1m distancing getting our regular core support in should be no problem, but the issue for me is how the club manages this. Clearly it would have to be all ticket to manage numbers effectively, but how do they decide who gets tickets. They could go with those who are on club databases, but previous experience with cup games etc has shown that many of our regular and long standing fans are not on it. Proof of address may be an option, but we have meny fans who do not live in Perth but attend games regularly. I have another concern with this, in that some of those who normally travel 60 miles for a home game, finding themselves unable to attend their usual cesspit of choice, will start going to McDiarmid. In the short term this could deny Saints fans the chance to attend, and in the longer term result in these people being on the databases, and able to by home end tickets when their big teams visit.

One idea that I feel may be able to help is a scheme already used by Glasgow Warriors rugby, where a ST holder knowing that they cannot attend a particular game, can hand back their seat for that game and allow the club to re-sell it. This would give a bit extra revenue for the club, while also enabling as many fans as possible to attend games. Saint record with technology does not seem to be the greatest, so I'm not sure if this is something they would want to/be able to do.

On a slightly different note, I saw a BBC article recently about Ross County's Covid testing machine. In this it was stated that if a player tests positive, then that entire squad would have to isolate for 14 days. I'm assuming, having not heard otherwise, that the intention is to have a full 38 game season. We seem to be having regular fixture backlogs in a normal season, our outstanding game v Rangers being a prime example, so if we have squads isolating and potentially 3 or 4 games postponed, when exactly do they intend to play them? I'm still strongly of the belief that we should play a simple home and away for this season, appreciating that it means games only every other week, but it would at least allow recovery from any disruption to the season.

3 hours ago, Shipa said:

I'm not sure what the actual figures are, but I would expect at 2m we could probably accommodate most, if not all ST holders. At 1m distancing getting our regular core support in should be no problem, but the issue for me is how the club manages this. Clearly it would have to be all ticket to manage numbers effectively, but how do they decide who gets tickets. They could go with those who are on club databases, but previous experience with cup games etc has shown that many of our regular and long standing fans are not on it. Proof of address may be an option, but we have meny fans who do not live in Perth but attend games regularly. I have another concern with this, in that some of those who normally travel 60 miles for a home game, finding themselves unable to attend their usual cesspit of choice, will start going to McDiarmid. In the short term this could deny Saints fans the chance to attend, and in the longer term result in these people being on the databases, and able to by home end tickets when their big teams visit.

One idea that I feel may be able to help is a scheme already used by Glasgow Warriors rugby, where a ST holder knowing that they cannot attend a particular game, can hand back their seat for that game and allow the club to re-sell it. This would give a bit extra revenue for the club, while also enabling as many fans as possible to attend games. Saint record with technology does not seem to be the greatest, so I'm not sure if this is something they would want to/be able to do.

On a slightly different note, I saw a BBC article recently about Ross County's Covid testing machine. In this it was stated that if a player tests positive, then that entire squad would have to isolate for 14 days. I'm assuming, having not heard otherwise, that the intention is to have a full 38 game season. We seem to be having regular fixture backlogs in a normal season, our outstanding game v Rangers being a prime example, so if we have squads isolating and potentially 3 or 4 games postponed, when exactly do they intend to play them? I'm still strongly of the belief that we should play a simple home and away for this season, appreciating that it means games only every other week, but it would at least allow recovery from any disruption to the season.

It depends if Saints can be bothered to attract their OWN fans.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility.