The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Championship club Wigan going into administration. Not the kind of club you would have expected ,so there will probably be more .

Last report showed they had a wage bill of £19m, and an income of £11m.

A few EFL sides will follow them.

Maybe theyll actually learn to spend what they have and not just speculate.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Last report showed they had a wage bill of £19m, and an income of £11m.

A few EFL sides will follow them.

Maybe theyll actually learn to spend what they have and not just speculate.

If anything good comes out of this pandemic, hopefully it will be football, especially in England coming back into real world & stop paying players multi thousand pounds per week.

I won't hold my breath.

Have been watching a few games & without the atmosphere of the packed crowds the football looks average.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:25 PM, Cagey said:

If anything good comes out of this pandemic, hopefully it will be football, especially in England coming back into real world & stop paying players multi thousand pounds per week.

I won't hold my breath.

Have been watching a few games & without the atmosphere of the packed crowds the football looks average.

I think average would be generous.

Court sits for 2 hours & decides to go into a 3rd day. Should have sat to midnight if requied.No wonder there is a huge backlog. I was once involved in a court case. Turned up at 9 am sat in waiting room until about 11.30. Called to give evidence & then court adjourned for lunch. Seeing as I had given my evidence I buggered off home & never even bothered to see the outcome. Utter farce.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Court sits for 2 hours & decides to go into a 3rd day. Should have sat to midnight if requied.No wonder there is a huge backlog. I was once involved in a court case. Turned up at 9 am sat in waiting room until about 11.30. Called to give evidence & then court adjourned for lunch. Seeing as I had given my evidence I buggered off home & never even bothered to see the outcome. Utter farce.

Observe a courtroom for even a little while and you can see what a huge amount of money is being wasted daily. Lawyers hanging about for hours waiting on their case then asking for a deferral.  

Read the Secret Barristers book. It is about the English system, but much applies to Scotland. The actual core justice systems are pretty good, but operate abysmally badly, mainly due to daft cutbacks which have actually cost more money in the long run, and which daily see hundreds of innocent people probably wrongfully convicted, and hundreds of victims probably wrongly denied justice. Most folk arn’t affected by this at any given time of course, and therefore give zero feks, but the system is close to breaking down, which ultimately will affect most of us in one way or another. For example, most folk think they have a right to trial by jury - watch this space......

Having said all that, there is zero possibility of the Hearts case delaying the start of the season, or the season being voided after its start. They have weeks yet.

19 hours ago, Cagey said:

Judge rules it's for S.F.A. to make the decision 

Ha ha. 2 & half days of Court costs just for S.F.A . to rubber stamp SPFL' s decision.

Looks like after 3 days of wasted valuable court time & thousands of lawyers fees the ball is where it should have been in the first place SFA court of arbitration.

How long will it take them to appoint the independent panel the judge is calling for.

Hearts should be suspended at least for bringing Scottish football into disrepute.

19 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Judge rules it's for S.F.A. to make the decision 

Ha ha. 2 & half days of Court costs just for S.F.A . to rubber stamp SPFL' s decision.

You may laugh but not as much as the QCs will over a glass or two of good malt tonight as they check their fee notes are correct!

Edited by south inch
punctuation

On 6/25/2020 at 7:03 AM, mainstand said:

I think based on the capacity they are talking about at Murrayfield and Parkhead they are talking about 10% if it remains at 2 metres. Could just fill a stand full of kids as going by recent statements they wont need to physically distance.

I take it Mr Cosgrove has been reading the forum again.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just when I thought the Hearts/Partick case had gone awful quiet out comes the news that both clubs have been issued with a Notice of Complaint by the SFA for breaking the rules by going to Court instead of SFA arbitration.  Hearing set for 6th August.

As the saying goes "that will stop them farting in Church"!

Gives them plenty of time to enquire about entry to the Northern Premier League Division 1.

SPFL are going to allow clubs to have 6 loanees this season. Good for the big clubs getting games for their youths but not so good for the hundreds of professional footballers without a club..

They are also considering 5 subs like they had in last few EPL games. This will give an advantage to teams with big squads & strength in depth.

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

SPFL are going to allow clubs to have 6 loanees this season. Good for the big clubs getting games for their youths but not so good for the hundreds of professional footballers without a club..

They are also considering 5 subs like they had in last few EPL games. This will give an advantage to teams with big squads & strength in depth.

Aye, it's known in Scotland as a level playing field.;)

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

Callum is in agreement about it handing advantage to the big clubs: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1459601/st-johnstone-callum-davidson-five-subs-rule/

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Aye the influence of Cagey reaches far and wide.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Looks like up to 9 Rangers B team played United without certificates. Could put our opener

In doubt.

I think the results did come back negative but were not received until later on the Wednesday night. So should be oaky. 

Clubs are now back on twice weekly testing so obviously going to be a bigger backlog at the testing centres. 

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

I think the results did come back negative but were not received until later on the Wednesday night. So should be oaky. 

Clubs are now back on twice weekly testing so obviously going to be a bigger backlog at the testing centres. 

People who run football clubs should not write 200 page dossiers.