The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Is this what the season is going to be like. Games cancelled or delayed because results not back in time. Inquiries and points deducted. Games cancelled because someone at the club has tested positive. Some clubs going weeks without playing and others playing extra midweek games. Games that were meant to be televised cancelled. Going to be interesting anyway. 

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Is this what the season is going to be like. Games cancelled or delayed because results not back in time. Inquiries and points deducted. Games cancelled because someone at the club has tested positive. Some clubs going weeks without playing and others playing extra midweek games. Games that were meant to be televised cancelled. Going to be interesting anyway. 

There's a fair chance. It won't be pretty.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Will not happen for saints Celtic Aberdeen and Ross county who have all acquired machines from Korea that allegedly give results in 20 minutes. 

Cannot believe that the so called most successful team on the world don't have a machine whilst their Glasgow counterparts have 2. 

Watch out for them getting out of an SFA charge by blaming the lab and saying they will now do them.themselvea. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, andrew said:

Interesting. If true, I wonder how many and who. Will they be allowed to speak, sing or shout?

Do not know how many but believe that it would be season ticket holders based on when they bought their ticket eg first 250  who purchased if that was to be the limit.  May not be in their actual seats if social distancing would be breached.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

You’d assume we’re looking at 20-25% capacity 

Earlier on in the BBC Scotland  they were talking about 1000 at the Celtic game that would be about 2% of their capacity, would seem strange though why trial with such a low attendance at a massive stadium i would think they would learn not a lot TBH.    

I think they are testing the bits round the edges - entry, exit, toilets etc. With small numbers. It should be fairly easy then to scale up and arrive at a safe figure for each ground. For example, at Parkhead, if they trial one section successfully, then they can just scale up to multiple sections. The key will be compartmentalisation, which I think is a word. In effect, you don’t have a crowd of (say) 15,000 at Parkhead, you have 20 crowds of 750. This should work quite well at McD, less so at older, more open wee grounds.

29 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think they are testing the bits round the edges - entry, exit, toilets etc. With small numbers. It should be fairly easy then to scale up and arrive at a safe figure for each ground. For example, at Parkhead, if they trial one section successfully, then they can just scale up to multiple sections. The key will be compartmentalisation, which I think is a word. In effect, you don’t have a crowd of (say) 15,000 at Parkhead, you have 20 crowds of 750. This should work quite well at McD, less so at older, more open wee grounds.

Do they let kids in? do they count as part of the limit?  Given they dont physically distance. Do they let those that were previously shielding in?  So many questions that they need to answer

15 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do they let kids in? do they count as part of the limit?  Given they dont physically distance. Do they let those that were previously shielding in?  So many questions that they need to answer

Which, hopefully, the people who get paid lots of money for answering questions are currently answering. You can expect them to err strongly on the side of caution.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

So for once i have reality in these questions we are all season ticket holders! and the answers are , My Grandson(7) does not want to go, My Father is (93) says hell give it a bit more time  yet, Me  and my son will go if we can.

The old Common sense approach should suffice , Once the Country can move away again from being told what to do deciding what is best for you to do the better i say.    

47 minutes ago, Center Half said:

So for once i have reality in these questions we are all season ticket holders! and the answers are , My Grandson(7) does not want to go, My Father is (93) says hell give it a bit more time  yet, Me  and my son will go if we can.

The old Common sense approach should suffice , Once the Country can move away again from being told what to do deciding what is best for you to do the better i say.    

Modern world doesn’t do common sense. If we were treated like children before imagine how they’ll revel in herding us now!

4 hours ago, Center Half said:

Earlier on in the BBC Scotland  they were talking about 1000 at the Celtic game that would be about 2% of their capacity, would seem strange though why trial with such a low attendance at a massive stadium i would think they would learn not a lot TBH.    

So the best fans in the world (pause for laugh) misbehave and the rest have to suffer as a consequence. 

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Septic plea for return of 'fans' rejected by authorities. 

Of all clubs, allowing Celtic to be a 'test' game would be utter stupidity.

1k out of c50k season ticket holders would cause chaos, not to mention the higher probability that fans would gather outside the ground in either the hope of getting a ticket from one of the 1k and/or to support the team from outside the stadium. Not to mention the fact that one of their players blatantly breached the rules. Same goes for Aberdeen. 

On a wider point, as much as I'd love to actually go to a game, it would be foolish in the extreme to start letting increasing crowds into games at the moment. Could you really safely socially distance fans in and out of any top flight stadium in Scotland?

The empty stadiums for the games are equally horrific, but in order to continue to get any games, realistically that needs to remain for the foreseeable.

As an aside, I wonder what will come first, fans in the ground or an away kit? :wink:

Edited by TheYellowBox

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Of all clubs, allowing Celtic to be a 'test' game would be utter stupidity.

1k out of c50k season ticket holders would cause chaos, not to mention the higher probability that fans would gather outside the ground in either the hope of getting a ticket from one of the 1k and/or to support the team from outside the stadium. Not to mention the fact that one of their players blatantly breached the rules. Same goes for Aberdeen. 

On a wider point, as much as I'd love to actually go to a game, it would be foolish in the extreme to start letting increasing crowds into games at the moment. Could you really safely socially distance fans in and out of any top flight stadium in Scotland?

The empty stadiums for the games are equally horrific, but in order to continue to get any games, realistically that needs to remain for the foreseeable.

As an aside, I wonder what will come first, fans in the ground or an away kit? :wink:

Away kit ?. What were we wearing at Killie. I am sure it was the new design in yellow.

4 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Septic plea for return of 'fans' rejected by authorities. 

Murrayfield to be allowed 700 this weekend though.

Apparently Ross County have also applied to run a test crowd.  On the Murrayfield basis that equals a crowd of 70.  I'm sure RC could find 70 well behaved supporters in Dingwall.

22 minutes ago, south inch said:

Murrayfield to be allowed 700 this weekend though.

Apparently Ross County have also applied to run a test crowd.  On the Murrayfield basis that equals a crowd of 70.  I'm sure RC could find 70 well behaved supporters in Dingwall.

Head steward will keep em in check good guy.