The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

8 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

The yellow card was for serious misbehaviour, a deliberate breaking of the rules. If staff or players follow the rules but still catch or spread COVID, it’s the rules that are at fault, not the individuals. My own view is that if football stops, it will be because of a general move further back into lockdown, not a specific action against football. Always assuming, that is, that some group of players don’t do something titanically stupid again.

Commenting on these issues is always difficult because of the confusing reports you get from the media.  For once the Hootsmon seems to have the rights of it today.  It seems the health authorities from the Scottish Government down to the local district nurse have all said there is not sufficient medical evidence to justify postponing this game.  Which brings us back to Doncaster's  judgment which in my opinion should have erred on the safe side even before you consider the fairness position.  Which , of course, brings us back to the view from Ayebroke.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Commenting on these issues is always difficult because of the confusing reports you get from the media.  For once the Hootsmon seems to have the rights of it today.  It seems the health authorities from the Scottish Government down to the local district nurse have all said there is not sufficient medical evidence to justify postponing this game.  Which brings us back to Doncaster's  judgment which in my opinion should have erred on the safe side even before you consider the fairness position.  Which , of course, brings us back to the view from Ayebroke.

The other reason why football might stop of course is that the money runs out. The clubs will have little income beyond a cut of TV money. Much of the League’s income comes from a levy on ticket sales - that’s gone. What does that do to staff numbers, to prize money, and to paying Dougie Ross for one of his jobs? The SFA have lost international ticket sales. 

Post-furlough, and once the long-term nature of this sinks ion (if it is long-term), we could see larger clubs drastically cutting squad sizes, and reverting to part-time. Lower leagues could revert to amateur status. Bet Queens Park are kicking themselves now......

The problem is the uncertainty. If clubs knew all this would stop on a given date, it could all be managed. But they don’t. Who is going to lend them money in this scenario?  I’d expect some dramatic announcements around the New Year.

Am I correct in thinking football is back at lower league level now and No testing is taken place for them?

My Lads at work (The ones young enough to still play ) are all now in training , junior/Senior Junior/professional Junior what ever they are called now! are all back playing friendlies and no testing being done. So why is the Premier league still required to do this testing regime? 

SPFL  have set a precedent by forcing St Mirren to play a game when all 3 keepers were unable to play. Midden got a goalie of a kind in but how many teams can lone a keeper out.

Wonder what would happen if one of OF had 3 goalies missing in an OF game.

They have set a precedent so games will have to be played no matter who. Hope it's not us.

Edited by Cagey

Can't help but think they will pick and choose which games to postpone.

Ridiculous that St Mirren were going to be forced to play regardless and Celtic have their games postponed because of one player breaking restrictions. 

Like you say, this happens just before an old firm game and all the club's keepers have to isolate...the game will be postponed.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:58 PM, Center Half said:

Am I correct in thinking football is back at lower league level now and No testing is taken place for them?

My Lads at work (The ones young enough to still play ) are all now in training , junior/Senior Junior/professional Junior what ever they are called now! are all back playing friendlies and no testing being done. So why is the Premier league still required to do this testing regime? 

I think the lower league SPFL clubs still have to test once a week. There are so many restrictions on the junior and amateur game that it is incredible. Can only play in certain areas, cant play teams with local lockdowns in place,  cannot have anyone watching the games, no changing rooms allowed. physical distancing in place for coaches, full PPE for first aiders. 

In the case of kids football there are so many regs that makes you question whether it is worth it. SFA guide to return to play protocols runs to 68 pages long.:sad:

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

3 Hamilton players have to isolate for 10 days . Them plus Hodson I assume will be unavailable for weekend. Don't think they have a big squad & play a lot of kids. Apparently SPFL games should be played as long as teams have 13 players available.

Joke, Nae wonder were a laughing stock.

I don't think we are going to be back to McDiarmid before spring next year. The news is quite ominous at the moment and Football will be one of the last things to comeback. There is only one thing worse than seeing Saints being beat again and that's seeing them being beat on Saints TV in front of an empty stadium. This is really bringing me down.:cry:

3 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

I don't think we are going to be back to McDiarmid before spring next year. The news is quite ominous at the moment and Football will be one of the last things to comeback. There is only one thing worse than seeing Saints being beat again and that's seeing them being beat on Saints TV in front of an empty stadium. This is really bringing me down.:cry:

Not very encouraging looking right enough. In a roundabout way I'm kinda chuffed now that saints took that much time in trying to renew my season tickets on finance that I told them to forget it. Still I'd rather be sitting in McDiarmid on my Saturday afternoons (or whatever other day we're at home). Slightly on the plus side, we can keep warm watching saints in the chilly months ahead.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:21 PM, sixties saintee said:

Don's and Tics fined 30 K over there breach, but only have to pay 8 k to the Spfl trust, wae remainder suspended unless the break rules again. Another Joke.

I 100% agree. Suspension suspended as long as they don’t breach it again and then clubs have £22000 suspended as long as they don’t breach rules. I and my wife work for nhs and struggle to get shifts done and childcare due to Covid if I breach rules my whole department has to go on quarantine vet I would be sacked.

On 9/17/2020 at 8:30 AM, blueheaven said:

I think that money was only given to SPFL clubs.

Sorry i thought Kelty and Brora were also included but obviously not. Given they were in Betfred Cup would have thought they should have been. 

On 9/17/2020 at 5:16 PM, Steve McQueen said:

This was only to be used for charity/community projects.

The definition of Charity/Community projects seemed to be interpreted quite widely:-

At least 17 clubs across the SPFL have indicated they intend to purchase Covid-19 testing kit, with the intent to make access to these facilities available to the wider community. In doing so there will, in essence, be a new network of local testing centres at grounds across Scotland.

In addition, clubs will be using facilities to support deep cleaning, the purchase of PPE equipment, signage and markers; some are looking to purchase thermal imaging temperature check equipment.

A small number of lower league clubs also plan to use some of the grant to install in-stadium broadcast systems to enable supporters to watch matches live, when the season starts, on the basis that games may be behind closed doors.

3 Killie players test positive. 3 Dundee players test positive.

7 desths in hospital,

Crowds at football getting further away & return to lockdown looking more possible.

Why the feck can people not just follow the rules for a wee while,instead we are looking at a few shitty months ahead of us.

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

3 Killie players test positive. 3 Dundee players test positive.

7 desths in hospital,

Crowds at football getting further away & return to lockdown looking more possible.

Why the feck can people not just follow the rules for a wee while,instead we are looking at a few shitty months ahead of us.

Just saw this also, does not look promising in the near future for us fans, I know people sadly are going through chronic circumstances because of this virus,but closing all the pubs at same time, especially in busy towns is just mad amongst many other opportunities the virus is free to roam in. Yeh sorry I should be on a political thread. Keep safe, we'll be back in McDiarmid one day.