The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

1 Hamilton player positive as well.

Concerns now that teams will be struggling to pay wages come end of October, probably near impossible end of November and potential of folding by end of the year, due to no crowd income.

What a shambles this has become, it's only gonna get worse. 

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Why the feck can people not just follow the rules for a wee while,instead we are looking at a few shitty months ahead of us.

This virus is here for many years ahead..  following rules under all the latest oppression does not remove the virus from circulation and wouldn't help football fans get back in.    We need to learn to live with the virus...   this pandemic has just started...  we have years and years of this 'fear' of not attending, or being restricted to a few hundred. 

The world is changing...  our beloved team may fall out of business, may struggle in league reconstruction scenarios, but let's hope we can kick start the emergence of our club if we shut up shop for a season or 2.   So  glad we are top flight with tv income, absolutely no idea how lower Scottish leagues can survive.

Brexit anyone?

Edited by Dave H

Lower league teams to vote tomorrow if they want the challenge cup to precede this season.

I wonder if the colt teams get a vote & will they get a chance to withdraw.

I don't know if Saints could field a colts team anyway.

Think the competition should be cancelled this season.

33 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Lower league teams to vote tomorrow if they want the challenge cup to precede this season.

Agree, wont be able to afford it.

Whole Killie squad advised to isolate for 14 days.

Surely no way they can play games for 2 weeks which ****s up the whole season & that is one team . Just 1 more & it will be total chaos. No way we can go through the whole season without more outbreaks.

21 hours ago, Cagey said:

Challenge cup cancelled but colty teams weren't going to take part anyway.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Whole Killie squad advised to isolate for 14 days.

Surely no way they can play games for 2 weeks which ****s up the whole season & that is one team . Just 1 more & it will be total chaos. No way we can go through the whole season without more outbreaks.

Killie are not due to play again until 17th October and if Scotland play as normal v Israel there could be a free weekend in early November.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Now 6 then. Wonder how many it has to be before SPFL allow game to be postponed.

I wondered this too, how does a club without a keeper have to loan one and play on but other games get cancelled. I guess its about who has contact with who and when they think a whole team has to isolate. Does make you wonder about what the rules are and if ot depends what club you are. 

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

I wondered this too, how does a club without a keeper have to loan one and play on but other games get cancelled. I guess its about who has contact with who and when they think a whole team has to isolate. Does make you wonder about what the rules are and if ot depends what club you are. 

There are no rules & that is the problem.

SPFL ,knowing what happened should have laid out basic ground rules,but nothing.

This could all have been foreseen. 

It will be mayhem again if league has to be called.

28 minutes ago, Rob said:

Is the big difference not that these 6 players have all tested positive with the NHS testing aswell and that is why test and protect kicks in. 

All players told to quarantine for 14 days.

13 hours ago, mainstand said:

They have 4 games in next 15 days look likely to have to forfeit League cup matches 

I was allowing for the Motherwell game which had already been postponed and as the 14 day isolation starts on the day of the 2nd round of positive tests - 1st October - I thought Killie would be free to play on 17th October assuming they test negative first.

You are right, I forgot about the League Cup.  

Edited by south inch

42 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

I think you will find all testing is done by private testing companies, although i will double check wae my sources.

Yes,  NHS have the wrong test tubes to carry out testing!

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/the-wrong-kind-of-test-tubes-why-nhs-labs-cant-help-clear-coronavirus-testing-backlog/

Edited by Center Half

3 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

I think you will find all testing is done by private testing companies, although i will double check wae my sources.

You can check with your "sources", or read every BBC report of occasions like this, where they make it clear playeds who test positive through private tests are then tested by the NHS.

Screenshot_20201003-155740_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ef551976eda088715b2a7ce0c4e01955.jpg

6 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Mr pedantic the tests are being carried out for the NHS, using NHS and private labs. The tests are organised by the NHS as compared to the football club tests which are carried out by either the clubs medical department or a private company. 

I think the private company being used by the teams have a number of other contracts including European golf etc.