The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

18 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Cancelled? Just as there’s finally a reason to get behind the national team? Odd timing.

My irrational aversion to international football. Liked it when growing up years ago, now it’s mostly dull. Interrupts the season too much. You’re right though, they are winning now and when did Scotland last go seven undefeated?

42 minutes ago, andrew said:

My irrational aversion to international football. Liked it when growing up years ago, now it’s mostly dull. Interrupts the season too much. You’re right though, they are winning now and when did Scotland last go seven undefeated?

I think they said it was under Roxburgh, 1980’s. 

If Scotland entered the World Haggis Making Championships at the moment, we are pretty much guaranteed to draw Israel. Gives the knuckle-draggers someone to support, I suppose.

Honestly I couldn’t care less about Scotland. Spent last night watching the NFL on Sky instead.

Find it impossible to get behind the national team when we are constantly overlooked. Jason Kerr should at the very least be getting a call up. 

Guarantee that if he left Saints, he’d be in the next squad. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Honestly I couldn’t care less about Scotland. Spent last night watching the NFL on Sky instead.

Find it impossible to get behind the national team when we are constantly overlooked. Jason Kerr should at the very least be getting a call up. 

Guarantee that if he left Saints, he’d be in the next squad. 

Red Zone is arguably the best sports programme on TV.

I find it perplexing when folk don't seem to get behind the national team to be honest. I can understand interest waining a bit as we are all becoming more global in our backgrounds, but for some, it's almost like it is binary, Saints or nothing.

I'd understand if say Scotland games were on at the same time as Saints games, but surely we can support Saints and the national team? They will never play each other, so it's not like they will ever be opposed. 

On the suggestion of Kerr, as a Saints fan, I'd be delighted to see him called up. As a Scotland fan, I'd be worried! LAUGH OUT LOUD

At the moment, there is no one good enough. Considine got in for his experience alone. He's less likely to make a mistake as Kerr, although, I accept Kerr has cut a lot of the mistakes out and will likely play at a higher level.

Bang on though about players getting overlooked historically at Saints. O'Neil, Main, Davidson (c) and May, should all have been capped while at Saints. I remember Tommy Burns saying (sneering/laughing) about McFadden when he went to Everton that it looks better to have an Everton player than a Motherwell player in the squad list.

11 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

Red Zone is arguably the best sports programme on TV.

I find it perplexing when folk don't seem to get behind the national team to be honest. I can understand interest waining a bit as we are all becoming more global in our backgrounds, but for some, it's almost like it is binary, Saints or nothing.

I'd understand if say Scotland games were on at the same time as Saints games, but surely we can support Saints and the national team? They will never play each other, so it's not like they will ever be opposed. 

On the suggestion of Kerr, as a Saints fan, I'd be delighted to see him called up. As a Scotland fan, I'd be worried! LAUGH OUT LOUD

At the moment, there is no one good enough. Considine got in for his experience alone. He's less likely to make a mistake as Kerr, although, I accept Kerr has cut a lot of the mistakes out and will likely play at a higher level.

Bang on though about players getting overlooked historically at Saints. O'Neil, Main, Davidson (c) and May, should all have been capped while at Saints. I remember Tommy Burns saying (sneering/laughing) about McFadden when he went to Everton that it looks better to have an Everton player than a Motherwell player in the squad list.

And burns was overrated

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

4 Celtic players with covid but not sure if any of their international colleagues have it so did they catch it at Parkhesd ?.

I also saw one sevco van  questioning how celtic had over 1000 negative tests but whilst they are away there players get positive tests. obviously suggesting a cover up. There seems to have been a few cases either backroom or players in most squads czechs had 16 positives or inconclusive tests at one point.  It is possible that the players had it when they were playing saints on the sunday before they went on international duty. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I also saw one sevco van  questioning how celtic had over 1000 negative tests but whilst they are away there players get positive tests. obviously suggesting a cover up. There seems to have been a few cases either backroom or players in most squads czechs had 16 positives or inconclusive tests at one point.  It is possible that the players had it when they were playing saints on the sunday before they went on international duty. 

Just remembered,Christie was just a contact,not sure about the rest.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

4 Celtic players with covid but not sure if any of their international colleagues have it so did they catch it at Parkhesd ?.

Must be a possibility but another is that having been made fools of by the Bolingoli affair Celtic cracked down hard on their players to try and avoid any further embarrassment.  Young overpaid footballers might react against this so the minute they escape the confines of Parkhead they kick over the traces and get caught out.  Even Christie who has not tested positive must have broken distancing rules.

I think people have to bear in mind that it's possible for players to catch Covid without necessarily breaking any rules. The rules are never going to be 100% Covid-proof. Unless you put the players in round-the-clock quarantine there's always going to be a chance that they might catch it from family members etc.

45 minutes ago, south inch said:

Must be a possibility but another is that having been made fools of by the Bolingoli affair Celtic cracked down hard on their players to try and avoid any further embarrassment.  Young overpaid footballers might react against this so the minute they escape the confines of Parkhead they kick over the traces and get caught out.  Even Christie who has not tested positive must have broken distancing rules.

Christie is self isolating because he was in Stuart Armstrong's room playing on the playstation. He hasn't broken any rules since they train together and are all in a competitive sports bubble, there is no need to socially distance (in fact it's literally not possible ), but due to Armstrong testing positive he has to islolate as protocol. 

Armstrong could have gotten it from anywhere, a family member, his club team, a coach, a flight attendant. There's no way of knowing where and when players catch it, but a positive case doesn't mean that a player has broken the rules, they could literally catch it at the supermarket the same way any of us could. A player testing positive isn't a clear sign of rule breaking.