The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

16 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

So what action will Spfl  if any take against the the players breaking there bubble.

Because they got in there first & banned them for 14 days, the authorities will probably say they have done things properly & no further action needed.

49 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

What like Don's did

Scottish government praising Rangers for the way they handled it & suspending the players.

You couldn't make it up, suspending players for the 14 days that they are isolating for.

I suppose Rangers will also save on not paying their wage. Maybe it will pay for the fine they got from Uefa for not have clear Covid  procedures at the Galetaseri game.

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Scottish government praising Rangers for the way they handled it & suspending the players.

You couldn't make it up, suspending players for the 14 days that they are isolating for.

I suppose Rangers will also save on not paying their wage. Maybe it will pay for the fine they got from Uefa for not have clear Covid  procedures at the Galetaseri game.

Wild guess here - I take it the two players are not Morelos and Kent!

10 minutes ago, south inch said:

Wild guess here - I take it the two players are not Morelos and Kent!

Yeah ,I don't think the headlines would be those two getting booted out of the club.

Think Rangers will take the opportunity to offload two players they want rid off even though Jones has played a couple of games.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

English government said to be about to allow 2000 fans into grounds in tier 2 which I think is our tier 3.

On that basis our Highland clubs with the exception of Ross County could just operate normally.  Inverness might be a doubt depending on who they are playing though it will be home fans only presumably.

12 hours ago, dave mc said:

Thought I read 4,000 fans,so hoping it’ll mean season ticket holders will get in soon,although travel from some areas will be banned 

Yeah I read it as 4,000 too, although obviously that's not Scotland, and also I'd assume that to be the maximum and the actual number will depend on other factors like the size of the stadium.

19 hours ago, dave mc said:

Thought I read 4,000 fans,so hoping it’ll mean season ticket holders will get in soon,although travel from some areas will be banned 

On the Season ticket front and the way SB thinks! it would make financial sense to allow pay at the gate supporters in first as that would introduce new "Cash" into the club, season ticket holders get to see it on Saints TV as included in their season price! ( I am a Season ticket holder as well)  

17 minutes ago, Center Half said:

On the Season ticket front and the way SB thinks! it would make financial sense to allow pay at the gate supporters in first as that would introduce new "Cash" into the club, season ticket holders get to see it on Saints TV as included in their season price! ( I am a Season ticket holder as well)  

Controversial.

ST holders would not be happy,as much as they would want to help club financially.

Where would we find 2000 non season ticket holders ?.

How would you choose , first come first served I would imagine for every game ?.

20 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Controversial.

ST holders would not be happy,as much as they would want to help club financially.

Where would we find 2000 non season ticket holders ?.

How would you choose , first come first served I would imagine for every game ?.

Did they not sell season tickets with the promise that it would be the first "insert how many fans are allowed" season ticket holders who would get in.

4 hours ago, Center Half said:

Not a chance the government would allow a lottery like that - not a hope of figuring out if those with tickets are local, if they travelled from a region with a higher level etc.

It would be local season ticket holders first.

16 hours ago, Center Half said:

See what you're saying but there's no way they can do that. Season ticket holders have to get first dibs on available seats. 

13 hours ago, garydavidson said:

It would be local season ticket holders first.

While I understand what you mean it does mean that people like myself have lesser season tickets on that argument Those of us who live in a tier 1 area are low risk to other spectators.  Should it be a lottery of all ST holders with the ability to decline if you win and the entry allowed to the next ST holder in the virtual line. 

btw I will not be going till vaccinated for personal health reasons.

Also what is local Perth itself, 5 miles ten miles etc?

On 11/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, garydavidson said:

There was a Caley fan who was at the game on Saturday who has complained as a mini bus of stewards got bussed up from Glasgow.

Also complained that they were herded like sheep to get their temperatures taken.

That will probably be enough to set things back.

It will certainly ensure that the said Caley fan doesn't get a ticket for the next 300 gate.

Get a few collies for the next game, they would be far better at herding sheep than Glasgow stewards.

4 hours ago, Cagerf said:

While I understand what you mean it does mean that people like myself have lesser season tickets on that argument Those of us who live in a tier 1 area are low risk to other spectators.  Should it be a lottery of all ST holders with the ability to decline if you win and the entry allowed to the next ST holder in the virtual line. 

btw I will not be going till vaccinated for personal health reasons.

Also what is local Perth itself, 5 miles ten miles etc?

I was just trying to think through the prism of what the government has already done.

Doesn't sound like Neil Doncaster is helping anyway - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073217