The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Utterly ridiculous. Aberdeen and Celtic player(s) broke the rules. Their club is responsible for the players understanding and adhering to the rules. It sounds like Killie and St Mirren didnt understand the rules (although we dont know how clear they were). Should be same punishment. Dont know how going out for a meal with a large group is much different from car sharing. Both outside the football grounds.

Edited by Rob
none

13 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

That is exactly it.

There is plenty of time for those fixtures to be played, the clubs should be punished but others shouldn't benefit from them simply due to the luck of fixture scheduling.

I thought this punishment was it. Can't see them playing the games . Some other teams might be in the same boat later in the season without the possibility of playing the game thus penalising them with others getting the chance to play their games.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Utterly ridiculous. Aberdeen and Celtic player(s) broke the rules. Their club is responsible for the players understanding and adhering to the rules. It sounds like Killie and St Mirren didnt understand the rules (although we dont know how clear they were). Should be same punishment. Dont know how going out for a meal with a large group is much different from car sharing. Both outside the football grounds.

They couldn’t dock A & C 3 points for Covid rule infringement because there were then no Covid rules. Now there are, they can, and they have. No democratic country imposes laws retrospectively.

The real question is, why were there no Covid rules? Arrogance and incompetence, that’s why. Focusing on inconsistency is letting them off the hook.

11 hours ago, Rob said:

St Mirren broke the rules within their own training ground, and on their team buses to travelling to games. Its impossible for them to argue they weren't aware of protocol breaches. Every club was forced to hire a specific "Covid officer" who would learn all the protocols and make sure they were enforced.

Aberdeen players went to a pub at 10 o'clock at night. Aberdeen could easily argue they couldn't police that.

Its shite but a harsh precedent had to be set. I doubt any other club will take any risks with protocols now.

Edited by RandomGuy

10 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

They couldn’t dock A & C 3 points for Covid rule infringement because there were then no Covid rules. Now there are, they can, and they have. No democratic country imposes laws retrospectively.

The real question is, why were there no Covid rules? Arrogance and incompetence, that’s why. Focusing on inconsistency is letting them off the hook.

I realise there needed to be a deterent but in order for them to be fair the rules needed to be in place at the start of the season. The incidents at Aberdeen and Celtic seemed to be the catalyst for these new rules yet they got off lightly in comparison.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

St Mirren broke the rules within their own training ground, and on their team buses to travelling to games. Its impossible for them to argue they weren't aware of protocol breaches. Every club was forced to hire a specific "Covid officer" who would learn all the protocols and make sure they were enforced.

Aberdeen players went to a pub at 10 o'clock at night. Aberdeen could easily argue they couldn't police that.

Its shite but a harsh precedent had to be set. I doubt any other club will take any risks with protocols now.

Well nothing would surprise me if the rules were shambolic and open to interpretation. I wouldnt be surprised if every club was investigated if there wasnt some sort of rule breaking if they look hard enough.

Surely as well as rules within the grounds there would be rules for players outside of the grounds and despite maybe not being able to police them they still have to be accountable to an extent.

Edited by Rob
policed

17 hours ago, tucker said:

Team photo and nine people isolating ,the snp clinical director tweeted about it they'll get something done 

From the little I have heard and having seen the photo. 49 including Dundee United players, coaches, medical staff were part of the photoshoot. I can just about accept there could have been confusion at Killie about the distance at meals with government guidelines changing and football guidelines differing. But this photo thing, what were they thinking? Apparently other teams including Celtic did the same. Lets hope Saints stay clear of any controversy.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

From the little I have heard and having seen the photo. 49 including Dundee United players, coaches, medical staff were part of the photoshoot. I can just about accept there could have been confusion at Killie about the distance at meals with government guidelines changing and football guidelines differing. But this photo thing, what were they thinking? Apparently other teams including Celtic did the same. Lets hope Saints stay clear of any controversy.

Celtic?  Right whole team into isolation, 3 - 0 win and 3 points to the team they are due to play tomorrow.

I'm not up to speed on this mess, but roughly understand.... How long before  Covid is detected (may be quicker test now????) That could wreck the league. Everyone in contact with positive persons will have to quarantine. That would include opposition players, officials etc. There's a player in England (forgot his name) who broke the rules a second time by having mates over for a game of poker. It is up to clubs to police player behaviour. It is up to the SFA to penalize. If it happens at Saints, I'd be okay if we were docked points. The season is at risk. 

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I'm not up to speed on this mess, but roughly understand.... How long before  Covid is detected (may be quicker test now????) That could wreck the league. Everyone in contact with positive persons will have to quarantine. That would include opposition players, officials etc. There's a player in England (forgot his name) who broke the rules a second time by having mates over for a game of poker. It is up to clubs to police player behaviour. It is up to the SFA to penalize. If it happens at Saints, I'd be okay if we were docked points. The season is at risk. 

Players are tested, I think, 2 or 3 times a week. The chances of it taking out the entire league in one go is low. We may end up with a fortnight shut down if theres some major breach, but theres too much testing going on for it to really spread that much.

21 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Players are tested, I think, 2 or 3 times a week. The chances of it taking out the entire league in one go is low. We may end up with a fortnight shut down if theres some major breach, but theres too much testing going on for it to really spread that much.

Problem is, it could be an ongoing problem, i.e. clubs/ players are affected at different times during the season, which would lead to a massive fixture mess. Complicated by the fact that Covid patients can be re-infected. Better hope this vaccine works, but the focus should rightly be on front line medical staff & high risk people. Footballers may not get it for quite a while...

On 12/5/2020 at 5:35 PM, Rob said:

I don't think there has been any changes players and coaching staff have to physically distance from each other whilst off the pitch, I am not even sure that they are allowed to shower at the end of a game yet. Notice on you tube the teams arriving both teams having 2 buses with players having to be distanced on buses aswell. So i dont think there really is any excuse for ST Mirren or Killie.