The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Why's it OK to do a team huddle before a match but not to gather together for a team photo?

Indeed. The clubs are saying they did nothing wrong with the photos, and it doesn’t seem to break League rules. The SG seem to be calling for action from the SFA: how and why I’m not sure. Pretty clear SG are not on friendly terms with football.

16 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

A team huddle is 11 players, a team photo is around 25 players plus a few non-playing staff which perhaps represents a greater risk of transmission?

True, but it does still feel like an unnecessary risk. Also take @Stumpy1966's point that they've entered the pitch so different rules apply. But that aside I'd still have thought that under the circumstances it might have been sensible for Celtic to consider putting a temporary halt to a tradition that means their entire starting XI needlessly putting their faces next to each other while being bawled at by their captain.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

True, but it does still feel like an unnecessary risk. Also take @Stumpy1966's point that they've entered the pitch so different rules apply. But that aside I'd still have thought that under the circumstances it might have been sensible for Celtic to consider putting a temporary halt to a tradition that means their entire starting XI needlessly putting their faces next to each other while being bawled at by their captain.

What annoyed me was a game on telly a couple of weeks ago the ref & other team were lined up ready for kick off after official start & had to wait for their huddle & ref never even hurried them up.

One rule for OF as usual.

On 12/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, saintgscot said:

I passed Annan athletic bus yesterday and they must have small squad only had one bus. Also just outside Glasgow not sure why Glasgow mind but saw Peterhead mini bus no way they social distancing inside that.

Both clubs have a few players based in Glasgow so would only a few n any team bus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 7:44 PM, belfastsaintee said:

From an excellent source Morton were nearly padlocking the gates , this is what forced the Grant Distribution through today.

The reason given by the manager for leaving was to save the club, so not sure how much they were paying him or if he would have been due some sort of bonus etc. 

Do find it strange that they are giving grants to championship and the other leagues whilst loans (even at a low interest rate) to premiership clubs. Surely Hearts for instance, who are paying out on a massive squad and have their lease on their training complex at the Oriam etc should not be benefiting any more from Government grants, they are already benefiting from the use of a Government funded £20m training complex, and i suspect in a  better financial position than a few premiership clubs. 

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

The reason given by the manager for leaving was to save the club, so not sure how much they were paying him or if he would have been due some sort of bonus etc. 

Do find it strange that they are giving grants to championship and the other leagues whilst loans (even at a low interest rate) to premiership clubs. Surely Hearts for instance, who are paying out on a massive squad and have their lease on their training complex at the Oriam etc should not be benefiting any more from Government grants, they are already benefiting from the use of a Government funded £20m training complex, and i suspect in a  better financial position than a few premiership clubs. 

True, but they surely couldn’t legally say “ hey Championship clubs, here’s lots of money, not you Hearts” could they? Easiest day’s work ever for their lawyer.

Given the way things are at the moment I think we will be doing well to see more than a handful of games at McDiarmid. A lot will depend on the Covid figures post Christmas and New Year. If they spike again we might be lucky to see any at all.  Our last game at Home was against Livingstone on 7th March. A year without Live football looks to be a distinct possibility.