The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

3 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

There was no issue in law. There was an issue in terms of common sense. If the Government stopped working to raise every incident of Covid stupidity, they wouldn’t get any work done, and everyone, you included, would be begging them to shut up.

Let’s move on.

Let's move on with the sincere hope that nothing happens.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Ninewells nearing capacity & cases increasing.

Think a full shutdown coming as this pretend one not having effect.

As long as footballers behave themselves I think they may allow football to cont8nue but think we may have temp closure.

The premiership should be okay as they are getting testing SFA have made a clown of it by saying that all lowland league and their respective teams are all under the same elite banner. 

These guys are not getting weekly testing and are being allowed to travel all around the country. Crazy. 

Also our kids can't go to school but we can bring kids together from all different schools to train the for ,45 mins a week if they are under 12 but 12 year and above are banned from training. 

Crazy crazy rules 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Celtic player tests positive for civid after their jolly to Dubai.

Surely his close contacts ,who have to most of the squad will have to self isolate.

Interesting what Sturgeon will make of it.

If its confirmed as a player who was on the trip media etc are gonna have a field day wi this 

33 minutes ago, chips said:

If its confirmed as a player who was on the trip media etc are gonna have a field day wi this 

I think we can take it the player was on the trip.  If he wasn't Celtic would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

If he was on the trip he didn't come home by himself on a bus!

23 minutes ago, south inch said:

I think we can take it the player was on the trip.  If he wasn't Celtic would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

If he was on the trip he didn't come home by himself on a bus!

It is surprising how few players have been track and traces when one of their team mates go down with it. I suppose it will depend on thee leani gbof their track and trace officer 

If track & trace don't contact them before Monday evening then the players will probably play even though they have probably been in close contact. To me there must have been a few in close contact even if only on the plane.

When you see the pictures on the news of Celtic players training in Dubai ,there were a few of them so I doubt if they could field a team of youths.

Was watching an interview earlier today on sky news with a girl who played for Arsenal Something winters was her name. Two woman’s super league games cancelled due to teams having players with covid both teams had been in Dubai. I wondered if this would affect Celtic when I watched interview. Hey presto few hours latter a player tested positive for Celtic. 

9 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Was watching an interview earlier today on sky news with a girl who played for Arsenal Something winters was her name. Two woman’s super league games cancelled due to teams having players with covid both teams had been in Dubai. I wondered if this would affect Celtic when I watched interview. Hey presto few hours latter a player tested positive for Celtic. 

The big difference was that these were not team visits but players heading off on holiday, and given permission by the CLub. Tottenham had one of their star players head off to Los Angeles and end up with Covid aswell. 

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Celtics games with Hibs & Livi should be postponed & once the Killie. & StMirren case has been decided then Celtic will have to get the same punishment whether it be replayed or 2 , 3-0 defeats.

Would taht not depend on whether they were still able to field a team after the test and protect was completed?  Surely making them field a team of available players would be more harmful to them that saying the games are off wait until they are all okay and play then. That was what happened with Aberdeen right enough:roll:

The rule, which came into effect at 04:00, will also apply retrospectively for passengers who have made the journey since 3 January.

The Scottish government said clinicians and the local NHS health protection team were in contact with Celtic providing advice. It also confirmed that quarantine rules did not apply to sports people who had attended "elite training" abroad. (BBC)

They’ve somehow managed to behave stupidly and irresponsibly without breaking any laws or regulations. This highlights the problem for governments and authorities. Do they have relatively lax rules, and rely on folk using common sense and not exploiting loopholes? Or do they have stricter rules which will prevent this sort of thing, but also prevent lots of other things that, for example, you might want to do, or at least things you think other people should be able to do?

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

13 players & 3 staff members forced to self isolate.

I think that is the 16 on the table at present but an official announcement at 12.30 which will coincide with Nicola's briefing.  

More importantly all football below the championship,  including the Scottish Cup, suspended for the next 3 weeks,  and championship sides to start testing in order to play. 

2 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think that is the 16 on the table at present but an official announcement at 12.30 which will coincide with Nicola's briefing.  

More importantly all football below the championship,  including the Scottish Cup, suspended for the next 3 weeks,  and championship sides to start testing in order to play. 

Yeah Sturgeons daily broadcast will be interesting.

Scottish cup should be cancelled for this season.

Game confirmed as going ahead:
According to posts on twitter the players in and out are:

Team that is available:
Bain Frimpong Ajer Welsh Laxalt Soro Christie McGregor Turnbull Griff Eduard

Players out : julien barkas hazard taylor ralston henderson johnston ajeti brown el hamed rogic biton klimala

If as quoted the player that has covid is Julien, then it is even crazier as he was never able to play anyway as he is out with a long term knee injury, so was obviously in Dubai for treatment

Edited by mainstand