The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

On 1/13/2021 at 8:00 PM, andrew said:

They think they’ve been affected more than most! They actually said that. That isn’t an apology it’s an excuse.

I think St Mirren could possibly give them a run for their money on that front. 

One thing that did surprise me was that 5 of the 16 that are isolating have all previously had and recovered from Covid. 

15 hours ago, mainstand said:

One thing that did surprise me was that 5 of the 16 that are isolating have all previously had and recovered from Covid. 

Good point, unfortunately the jury is still out on whether you can catch it twice.  My daughter who caught Covid in the line of duty as a nurse is nonetheless waiting for the vaccine.

3 minutes ago, south inch said:

Good point, unfortunately the jury is still out on whether you can catch it twice.  My daughter who caught Covid in the line of duty as a nurse is nonetheless waiting for the vaccine.

Yeah it's one of these strains where they are constantly learning. The latest article I saw said those that had it and recovered could possibly still catch it and carry it but not become ill from it. 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Lennon's press conference. Wow just wow.

I just saw it whilst I agree with his comments about the government knowing about it and not doing anything beforehand. 

The comments about Saints and Hamilton seem a bit out of the blue and iam sure saints will have something to say about it. I thought from seeing the games on TV that saints had moved away teams into the astro turf changing rooms which from memory are big enough areas. 

58 minutes ago, Cagerf said:

Lennon trying to shut down the league so it will be null and void 

Kennedy admitted last week there had been some breaches of the protocol when they were in Dubai.  Lennons trying to adopt the conspiracy "they're all out to get us" mentality to make up for their own failings. 

And if he's not happy about the away dressing rooms we should make them change on the bus when they come to town next month.

21 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Kennedy admitted last week there had been some breaches of the protocol when they were in Dubai.  Lennons trying to adopt the conspiracy "they're all out to get us" mentality to make up for their own failings. 

And if he's not happy about the away dressing rooms we should make them change on the bus when they come to town next month.

He should be impeached for incitement.

I would suggest that Lennon's comments should get him the sack.

"I'm not convinced they're a public health issue."

He's effectively saying that the rules put in place around isolating are not based on public health, but on punishing Celtic.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players."

That's like saying: 'I had a BBQ with all the neighbours, but only 2 of us on the street got Covid'. It takes up to 10 days for symptoms to appear, so there could be others about to come down with it anyway.

27 minutes ago, Linky said:

I would suggest that Lennon's comments should get him the sack.

"I'm not convinced they're a public health issue."

He's effectively saying that the rules put in place around isolating are not based on public health, but on punishing Celtic.

"The whole squad is negative bar two players."

That's like saying: 'I had a BBQ with all the neighbours, but only 2 of us on the street got Covid'. It takes up to 10 days for symptoms to appear, so there could be others about to come down with it anyway.

How come? Is that not the whole point in putting players in isolation? They have been there for 10 days. 

Celtic squad decimated by 13 players out. Well since another one of those has now tested positive it was totally justified for them all to have to isolate. It could have been any one of them. Remarkable that it was just 2 that tested positive, well thats not exactly a ringing endorsement for it being a good idea going to Dubai. What were the comments about Saints?

Edited by Rob

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Celtic squad decimated by 13 players out. Well since another one of those has now tested positive it was totally justified for them all to have to isolate. It could have been any one of them. Remarkable that it was just 2 that tested positive, well thats not exactly a ringing endorsement for it being a good idea going to Dubai. What were the comments about Saints?

How many videos are there?  I've seen 2 in which he raves on and mentions several teams but heard no mention of Saints.  I presume he picked his jotters up on the way out, he can't expect to get away with this his own fans want to lynch him.

Wonder what Nicola and John Swinney thought about being referred to as "some government officials"?

Lawwell had apologised & admitted in hindsight it was a poor decision to go.

Lennon should have let it lie but that's not Lennon style. Its us against the world but I don't think the fans will be with him this time.

Lennon said the government should have stopped us.

Not my fault gov.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

What were the comments about Saints?

He claims Saints forced Celtic to change inside a tiny dressing room that made social distancing impossible.

Since been claimed Saints actually gave Celtic the 4 dressing room areas that folk who use the atro have access to.

He's an absolute fantasist.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

He claims Saints forced Celtic to change inside a tiny dressing room that made social distancing impossible.

Since been claimed Saints actually gave Celtic the 4 dressing room areas that folk who use the atro have access to.

Cue "Lennon fantasist" banners outside McDiarmid next time he's in town.

Oh wait!  Will he still have a job then?

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Did we give them the astro dressing rooms? I asked the question earlier, as I am sure they went off via the corner of the pitch?

1 hour ago, south inch said:

I have a feeling his employer will be giving him lots and lots of time off very soon.

I think that's the best thing that could happen for him. I know people will say he's "passionate" but I just don't think it's healthy or normal to get as angry about this kind of stuff as he so clearly does (not forgetting what apparently happened when he lost his job at Hibs).

Football authorities in Scotland need to view Lennon's comments and decide whether by accusing other Member Clubs of Covid breaches, there are cases to answer, OR he has brought the game into disrepute and should face punishment accordingly. 

Strange that it has taken Lennon over 3 months to complain about the McDiarmid Park set-up, since the game on 4th Oct. 2020.

Edited by HOODLUM65

GIRUY Neil Lennon

You tell him Kirsten

Statement from Kirsten Robertson, Head of Football Operations, St Johnstone FC.

St. Johnstone Football Club is extremely disappointed with the completely inaccurate and unfounded comments about our facilities made yesterday by Neil Lennon, the Celtic FC manager, in a media conference.

We provide one of the largest away team changing areas in the league. Every team, including Celtic, is also provided with a large area for team meetings.

We follow all protocols and guidance to ensure the health and safety of all players, staff and officials.

When Celtic FC visited McDiarmid Park on October 4th for an SPFL Premiership match, we made sure their every request and requirement was met. Celtic viewed all of our facilities before the game and no issues were raised. No issues were raised with us after the game.

All during this challenging period of the past nine months, our Football Club has maintained adherence to the highest of standards. Indeed, the SPFL delegates have commended us on our work during this campaign.