The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

52 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Well done; exactly as I read it.

This shows, as is abundantly clear on the Zander Thread that if you want to manipulate figures or facts you can manufacture any type of conclusion to fit your point of view. Killie aren't spending a million on buying players.

You’re right. Zander is class. I am wrong. Pop your head back in the sand whenever you are ready.

JRG asking all clubs to list their civic distancing etc by Monday . Also their indoor grainy facilities.

I thought SPFL checked those things.

They say that only named directors should attend games. There certainly seems to be a few at some of the games as it almost sounds like there is s crowd there when a goal is scored at some games.

Hopefully they can stop Celtic bringing an entourage of 60 to games.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hopefully they can stop Celtic bringing an entourage of 60 to games.

Is that how many they take to games? 

That is the number that were in Dubai. Which included the whole first team squad. 

When you think about a side including Saints, how many would go:. 

Players 20

Coaches 3

Assitant Manager

Manager

Fitness Coach

Sports Scientist

Physio 2 or 3

Doctor 

Board 

Media Team 

PR etc

I bet we are not far off 50 all in

Edited by mainstand

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

That is the number that were in Dubai. Which included the whole first team squad. 

Players 20

Coaches 3

Assitant Manager

Manager

Fitness Coach

Sports Scientist

Physio 2 or 3

Doctor 

Board 

Media Team 

PR etc

None

Stevie would not authorise it.!!!!

30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

McInnes says there is a couple of dressing rooms he is uncomfortable with but he is not a snitch.

a lot of clubs seem to have done away with dressing rooms and are using the concourse in stands as the away rooms.  given saints layout I doubt if they would be that big.

39 minutes ago, mainstand said:

a lot of clubs seem to have done away with dressing rooms and are using the concourse in stands as the away rooms.  given saints layout I doubt if they would be that big.

Actually, Saints should do this the next time Celtic come calling. Cite Lennon's comments and force them to change in the north stand toilets.

Motherwell I think make away teams use a gym in the stand behind the goal, think Livi do too.

I actually like that Saints bit back with the statement. Need to set the record straight and actually, might give the players a little bit of the lift to see the club not being so meek. 

4 hours ago, Templar Saint said:
6 hours ago, mainstand said:

Players 20

Coaches 3

Assitant Manager

Manager

Fitness Coach

Sports Scientist

Physio 2 or 3

Doctor 

Board 

Media Team 

PR etc

That's a bit high IMHO... Maybe for the cup game, but 3x coaches + assistant? 1 coach + assistant. Doubt sports scientist & fitness coach- review tapes & players fitness levels are recorded for later analysis. 1 physio, 1 doc. Board? Some don't show for other commitments. Media team & PR? 1. I'd reckon ABT 35 for your average game.

37 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

That's a bit high IMHO... Maybe for the cup game, but 3x coaches + assistant? 1 coach + assistant. Doubt sports scientist & fitness coach- review tapes & players fitness levels are recorded for later analysis. 1 physio, 1 doc. Board? Some don't show for other commitments. Media team & PR? 1. I'd reckon ABT 35 for your average game.

The total of each squad is set at 35 for players medical and coaching staff alone:

scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-premiership.pdf

image.thumb.png.ef4cca27f65856e4cfaf84fa9ed052b8.png

image.thumb.png.d7b870922c528b0ed435e8b9b014e355.png

On 1/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, Wendy Saints said:

Don’t you think that it’s a bit ironic that the two clubs who have failed to control their own teams during Covid are the two managers who are mouthing off? If I were either of them I think I’d just be keeping my trap shut!

And are also under performing and could do with the big red reset button being pushed for the season.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Might have just been for the photo but didnt think the social distancing in the changing rooms at Hampden looked that much. There was a photo on instagram or twitter.

I saw that aswell and there is no way there is 2 metres between these strips they are set out every second locker. Which would require each locker to be 2m apart when I suspect they will be less than 1 m. 

On 1/24/2021 at 2:23 PM, mainstand said:

I saw that aswell and there is no way there is 2 metres between these strips they are set out every second locker. Which would require each locker to be 2m apart when I suspect they will be less than 1 m. 

I have done the hampden tour. The changing rooms can be extended and fit American football teams. Not seen the photo just saying how big the changing rooms can be.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Premiership teams can borrow up to £1.6 million to be paid over 20 years.

That should keep United & Aberdeen going til end of season.

Probably.

If terms of loan allow we should borrow the same and invest it in high yield account and earn money on it whilst other teams are squandering it on new signings or paying back players and staff whose wages they cut.

14 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Probably.

If terms of loan allow we should borrow the same and invest it in high yield account and earn money on it whilst other teams are squandering it on new signings or paying back players and staff whose wages they cut.

A “high yield account”... it’s 2021, the banks will soon be charging us to keep our money in them, nevermind paying us interest.

6 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

A “high yield account”... it’s 2021, the banks will soon be charging us to keep our money in them, nevermind paying us interest.

Banks still need savers to be able to loan out money or they would not exist.

Savers still given interest albeit not as high as used to be.

£1 million even at 1.25% gives interest of £12500  which for free money is better than nothing and could go a little way to covering some costs

21 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Banks still need savers to be able to loan out money or they would not exist.

Savers still given interest albeit not as high as used to be.

£1 million even at 1.25% gives interest of £12500  which for free money is better than nothing and could go a little way to covering some costs

Where can I get 1.25% on over £200 per month. Best I can see at moment is 0.01%.

19 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Where can I get 1.25% on over £200 per month. Best I can see at moment is 0.01%.

Google money saving expert ( Martin Lewis) for whatever type of saving you want.  Advise is free this time but reserve the right to charge for future financial advise:lol:.

The 1.25% was based on 5 year fixed plan  with Shawbrook Bank and was used merely as an example of how Saints could make money from this loan rather than saying no we do not need it we can spend our own whilst other clubs would take it and apply it to their playing staff.

Edited by Templar Saint