The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Could see Saints taking the loan and buying up some land or cheap property which seems to have done them well in the past. 20 year interest free £7k a month repayment with no repayments until 2022.  If Saints don't want it they could allow the fans to borrow it :razz::laugh:

Do find it strange that they are not receiving anything by way of a grant, but based on a  £1.6m mortgage at 3.2% the interest over 20 years would be over £0.5m so that equates to the championship grant:

Premier             £1.6m loan

Championship £0.5m grant

First div             £0.15m grant

second               £0.1m grant

Rugby which is really the SRU are receiving a £15m grant and loans of £5m. Has there been any indication of how much the SFA are getting?

11 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Probably.

If terms of loan allow we should borrow the same and invest it in high yield account and earn money on it whilst other teams are squandering it on new signings or paying back players and staff whose wages they cut.

I’ve been thinking that since it was announced. I imagine Broon Senior is on the case. 

12 hours ago, mainstand said:

Could see Saints taking the loan and buying up some land or cheap property which seems to have done them well in the past. 20 year interest free £7k a month repayment with no repayments until 2022.  If Saints don't want it they could allow the fans to borrow it :razz::laugh:

Do find it strange that they are not receiving anything by way of a grant, but based on a  £1.6m mortgage at 3.2% the interest over 20 years would be over £0.5m so that equates to the championship grant:

Premier             £1.6m loan

Championship £0.5m grant

First div             £0.15m grant

second               £0.1m grant

Rugby which is really the SRU are receiving a £15m grant and loans of £5m. Has there been any indication of how much the SFA are getting?

Property a good idea MS. Perhaps Geoff could set aside a wee bit of land on one of his sites & build 10 houses costing about £100 k & sell them for £200 k & give government their £1mill back.

They could maybe call it Scot.gov.ave or Sturgeon Place. Maybe Nicola Free.Cres.

Edited by Cagey

The club’s prudence could pay off very well here. It can see us through this nightmare situation, whilst the loan is used on non footballing matters to make long-term profit. Property/land could be a very good option- as could expanding  into business services that are not effected by lockdown restrictions.

23 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Prof Leitch saying September before fans in 

If you assume we come out of this wave the same way as the first, ie lifting restrictions quite quickly, that seems pessimistic, even silly.

If this is true, which I think it might be, that suggests to me SG are going for a virus elimination strategy, with a much slower opening-up, and many restrictions staying in place until all adults are vaccinated.

In the end, it’s all down to how long the UK Government are willing to keep borrowing to pay folk not to work.

9 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

If you assume we come out of this wave the same way as the first, ie lifting restrictions quite quickly, that seems pessimistic, even silly.

If this is true, which I think it might be, that suggests to me SG are going for a virus elimination strategy, with a much slower opening-up, and many restrictions staying in place until all adults are vaccinated.

In the end, it’s all down to how long the UK Government are willing to keep borrowing to pay folk not to work.

They really need to think about opening business up sooner than that or the magic money tree will die

3 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

They really need to think about opening business up sooner than that or the magic money tree will die

Well that’s the decision. Frankly, I’m just glad I don’t have to make it.

I don’t think everything will be closed until September, just that the opening-up will be slower and erring more on the side of caution. No “Eat Out to Kill Granny” this time, hopefully.

Just now, Abernethy Saint said:

Well that’s the decision. Frankly, I’m just glad I don’t have to make it.

I don’t think everything will be closed until September, just that the opening-up will be slower and erring more on the side of caution. No “Eat Out to Kill Granny” this time, hopefully.

Well that would make sense but the little guy with the restaurant or the guy with the pub or the local hairdresser are on there knees we can’t keep throwing money at them worst of all some people have not been at work for a year god knows how they will cope or are coping

1 hour ago, Broggy Man said:

Well that would make sense but the little guy with the restaurant or the guy with the pub or the local hairdresser are on there knees we can’t keep throwing money at them worst of all some people have not been at work for a year god knows how they will cope or are coping

Yes, I know a few of them. Desperate times.

Livi being investigated for abusing the privilege now because they had a pre match meal.in Tony macaroni in Aberdeen.

Saying the SFA gave permission but now withdrawn and clubs advised that unless they are staying in a hotel they cannot use hotels for pre match meals. 

Can see clubs just having to eat at the grounds. 

Pictures in the paper show the team bus sitting at restaurant which suggests only one bus went up thought all teams were having to take at least 2 buses to games. 

Anyway Nicola and her team are investigating so standby for another rant about football players being privileged people.

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Surprise surprise. Crowds now banned from Australian open due to an outbreak of covid in Melbourne.

Aussies are usually very careful so I was surprised when they allowed capacity crowds in to the tournament.

Was there not an issue with a security man at the quarantine hotel bring women of the night into the hotel for quests:lol: one of the guests had covid. 

Strange that they seemed to empty the stadium mid day 

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Surprise surprise. Crowds now banned from Australian open due to an outbreak of covid in Melbourne.

Aussies are usually very careful so I was surprised when they allowed capacity crowds in to the tournament.

No 'Surprise surprise ' that you haven't checked your facts before posting.

Don't know where you get the idea that Capacity crowds were allowed in.:confused:

If you had checked your facts you would have found that Melbourne Park crowd was divided in to 3 zones to allow ' social distancing' with a Maximum of 10,000 in each zone.

To put that in to perspective,  on the opening day this year the crowd was 17,922 compared to last year when the crowd was 64,387.

Hardly a Capacity crowd.

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Don't know where you get the idea that Capacity crowds were allowed in.:confused:

If you had checked your facts you would have found that Melbourne Park crowd was divided in to 3 zones to allow ' social distancing' with a Maximum of 10,000 in each zone.

To put that in to perspective,  on the opening day this year the crowd was 17,922 compared to last year when the crowd was 64,387.

Hardly a Capacity crowd.

So now we know who the Facebook fact checker is.

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Hardly a Capacity crowd.

I never let the facts get in the way of a good story :laugh:.

No ,I thought when I read that there was crowds allowed at the tournament ,there were no restrictions but I must have misread.

When I saw the crowd before they were asked to leave I don't think I saw many masks.

I just thought it was strange that a country that keeps everyone & bananas out ,allowed this tournament to go ahead.

14 hours ago, mainstand said:

Was there not an issue with a security man at the quarantine hotel bring women of the night into the hotel for quests:lol: one of the guests had covid. 

Strange that they seemed to empty the stadium mid day 

Presumably the "women of the night" attend in the afternoon after their morning kip.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

I never let the facts get in the way of a good story :laugh:.

No ,I thought when I read that there was crowds allowed at the tournament ,there were no restrictions but I must have misread.

When I saw the crowd before they were asked to leave I don't think I saw many masks.

I just thought it was strange that a country that keeps everyone & bananas out ,allowed this tournament to go ahead.

Aye money talks

I see Martindale at his press conference after Dundee United match saying they had a positive test following Aberdeen game and 3 had to self isolate. They have now decided that players will travel.to matches in their own cars so that they won't lose anyone else in the event of a positive test. 

First time a league cup final will have seen a team arriving in 20 separate cars :laugh:

12 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I see Martindale at his press conference after Dundee United match saying they had a positive test following Aberdeen game and 3 had to self isolate. They have now decided that players will travel.to matches in their own cars so that they won't lose anyone else in the event of a positive test. 

First time a league cup final will have seen a team arriving in 20 separate cars :laugh:

They must have all been at the same table in Tony Macaroni in Aberdeen!!

20 Cars in a Tony car park for pre match meal will make it look really busy.

12 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

They must have all been at the same table in Tony Macaroni in Aberdeen!!

20 Cars in a Tony car park for pre match meal will make it look really busy.

Livi no longer allowed to use Tony Macaroni for pre match meals now but had permission at time of Aberdeen match. One Livi player got Covid recently, sat 3 metres apart on bus but government guidelines said other 2 had to isolate. This is why they are all travelling individually now with big matches coming up.

Edited by Rob